Comments

• Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Told you all it wouldnt last ....none of these marriages made for publicity ever last. Feel sorry for the poor bloke who has been used.

Whats the betting shes been having an affair , all the Strictly ex's somehow do......
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    The Countdown star told Jamie their marriage was over less than a month after she was voted off Strictly, on which she was partnered with professional dancer Pasha Kovalev.

There is no suggestion that anyone else is involved in the split.

Standard press quote in these sort of circumstances. Planting the seed (ooerr) without looking like they have :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Standard press quote in these sort of circumstances...

There's "no suggestion" because... there is! Standard PR code.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Told you all it wouldnt last ....none of these marriages made for publicity ever last. Feel sorry for the poor bloke who has been used.

Whats the betting shes been having an affair , all the Strictly ex's somehow do......

Errr .. how is this a "marriage made for publicity" ???

They'd been together eight years before they got married so it's hardly "using" the bloke is it ?
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member

Well, you must be patting yourself on the back today.

The poor man is said to be 'devastated, distraught and stunned'

:(
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errr .. how is this a "marriage made for publicity" ???

They'd been together eight years before they got married so it's hardly "using" the bloke is it ?

They broke up for a couple of years and then got back together when he proposed on her birthday - what?! Would you accept a marriage proposal from an ex boyfriend from more than a year ago?? Bizarre choice. I don't see how it was made 'for publicity' though?

Mind you, Strictly does seem to be a great tester of relationships!
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    If I were a cynical sort, I would assume this was because she has now made enough money and is famous enough that she doesn't need bank rolling any more.

Not that I would ever suggest there was a certain sort of wannabe celeb that attaches themselves to a moderately well off man who can finance the lifestyle to which they would like to become accustomed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    They broke up for a couple of years and then got back together when he proposed on her birthday - what?! Would you accept a marriage proposal from an ex boyfriend from more than a year ago?? Bizarre choice. I don't see how it was made 'for publicity' though?

Mind you, Strictly does seem to be a great tester of relationships!

While I'm clearly no expert on relationships, I suppose you could argue that his proposal was the big gesture to try and win her back, but the fact the marriage lasted as long as it did probably means that the problems that caused their original split in 2009 were very much still there.

I suppose it's just fortunate they didn't do what a lot of couples do and bring a child in to the world to try and fix things.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    She'll get a good payout?
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talentless over-exposed woman (who's not actually that attractive as people say she is), who can do a bit of maths ditches long term boyfriend/husband after 16 months of marriage. She probably feels she can do better and will get it on with someone famous at some point in the future just so rags like the Mail can fill more pages with pictures and words about her tedious and uninteresting life.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit surprised as she's always mentioning him on Countdown, but then I remember in a recent interview she made clear she had no immediate plans to have children so perhaps I shouldn't be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Talentless over-exposed woman (who's not actually that attractive as people say she is), who can do a bit of maths ditches long term boyfriend/husband after 16 months of marriage. She probably feels she can do better and will get it on with someone famous at some point in the future just so rags like the Mail can fill more pages with pictures and words about her tedious and uninteresting life.

This is one of those generic cut-and-paste rants that often appear in Showbiz .. it could be about any female celeb really
  • Options
    wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    not actually that attractive as people say she is
    Must be my eyes playing tricks then as she looks bloody gorgeous on Countdown.
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Rachel a few times, I'm not a huge Countdown fan but I absolutely love visiting TV studios (first ITV Quay St then MediaCityUK) so I've been in the audience a few times. She's always been very very friendly, ever so slightly shy and down to Earth. I never got the impression she was 'up herself' or anything like that.

The article states she split up with her husband before they were engaged, and got back together when he proposed. I think like lots of women she probably got swept up in planning the wedding and never getting to the root of why they split up in the first place. Filming up in Manchester can't have helped matters since they live in Essex and it films four days a week.

I'd actually be really suprised if there was anyone else involved, it sounds like they just grew apart.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was very fortunate to have such a gorgeous dance partner as Pasha.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were a cynical sort, I would assume this was because she has now made enough money and is famous enough that she doesn't need bank rolling any more.

Not that I would ever suggest there was a certain sort of wannabe celeb that attaches themselves to a moderately well off man who can finance the lifestyle to which they would like to become accustomed.

Meow! :D

He seems quite desperate going by the pictures, and the method with which he proposed. Rachel is stunning so I'm expecting a trade-up. I don't think there was much chemistry with Pasha, though.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really surprised by this.

There was an interview with her not so long ago and she described how she was usually away due to her career, whilst her husband was happy sitting at home alone playing on gaming sites.......it didn't really sound like a recipe for a mature relationship.

She just seemed a little dismissive of him.
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Came here to pretty much say the same thing.

This reminds me of that Blue Peter presenter Kate or Katie whatever who left her hubby once her fame grew.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Came here to pretty much say the same thing.

This reminds me of that Blue Peter presenter Kate or Katie whatever who left her hubby once her fame grew.

Katy Hill? Although she is now married again.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She is though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would any mention of Jamie be edited out of Countdown? (I know it is recorded in advance)

They've split, not divorced, so who knows what'll happen...
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordon Bennett.

None of us are privy to this woman's marriage. What's with all the automatic blaming of her and her career/ego?:confused:

Maybe she is to blame.
    Maybe he is.
    Maybe it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.
    None of us can say for sure.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame, she sometimes talks about him on Countdown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of us can say for sure.

Apparently some can though .. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it can't have been that nice for either of them really. She films Countdown for four days a week and films The Gadget Show usually at the weekends. If she's doing this as well as the intensive training for Strictly, they would have never seen each other.

Regardless of who you are, it's not a great way to have a relationship with someone.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear, haven't you got an appropriate user name? :rolleyes:

You either know her personally, or you can read her mind - how else would you know so much about the break up of Rachel's marriage? :confused:

Oh, and Rachel is very very attractive - please get your eyes tested :D