Options

Was Paloma the worst ever?

yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I could not believe how bad that was. Out of tune, nasal, shouting. Dreadful.

Comments

• Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song wasn't much to write home about either. Great big backing band, and that's the best she could come up with??:o
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    awful. Paloma sounded like she started in a different key from her backing singers...

and to think people complain about the strictly singers, they absolutely know how to handle live music.
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    I normally love her, but she did just sound as though she'd had brand new top and bottom braces fitted.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me she wasn't, I like Paloma.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paloma is a great singer who has done some great songs. She is a favourite of mine.

She can usually belt out a tune on Jools Holland's show, etc - but something went wrong tonight and that's an understatement. One problem was she slowed the song down way too much and it just didn't work. It's usually much faster.
  • Options
    peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    Boy George was worse
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    awful. Paloma sounded like she started in a different key from her backing singers...

and to think people complain about the strictly singers, they absolutely know how to handle live music.

It as a terrible effort. She looked demented and I couldn't understand a word she was 'singing'.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her dancing was straight out of the school disco. Too much affectation regarding her voice.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    It as a terrible effort. She looked demented and I couldn't understand a word she was 'singing'.

I took the opportunity to go and make coffee - all too embarrassing:blush::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peterstone wrote: »
    Boy George was worse

I completely agree.

I was shocked how much he has lost his singing voice since Culture Club's heyday.
    He basically just talked through it all.l

No doubt reforming and touring now is all about the dosh!
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :blush: Well I liked it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the OP was one of the people claiming that she wouldnt be watching again after last week.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »

I couldn't understand what she was singing either!
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the OP was one of the people claiming that she wouldnt be watching again after last week.

No she wasn't. I don't throw my toys out of the pram and in any case I was pleased Simon got through over Pixie last week. So sorry, but why would I not watch my favourite show ?????????????
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That song was an electro dance thingy track originally and of course recordings get retouched, but Paloma was clearer and more tuneful on that version. Bad choice fto rearrange into an instrumental backed number.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody has posted on the Facebook page that PF talks like a 5 year old at Disneyland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody has posted on the Facebook page that PF talks like a 5 year old at Disneyland

haha. She does talk funny, bless her, with a little girls voice.

Her singing voice is usually fab though - and I like her eccentricity too. She's different that's for sure and is funny on shows like Buzzcocks, etc.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I completely agree.

I was shocked how much he has lost his singing voice since Culture Club's heyday.
    He basically just talked through it all.l

No doubt reforming and touring now is all about the dosh!

He was meant to tour in Dec with Culture Club but cancelled after SCD appearance. He has nodes on his vocal cords and will be having an operation.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked how crap she sounded. She normally can belt out a tune, but this was car crash. Its a fast dance song and just did'nt work as an Amy Winehousey jazzy number.

Her dancing was horrific. She looked demented and was dancing like an 8 year old at a family wedding...............basically just jumping around a lot from side to side.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a dreadful, dreadful noise! Ugh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful! :o:confused:
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She brays like a donkey in heat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was meant to tour in Dec with Culture Club but cancelled after SCD appearance. He has nodes on his vocal cords and will be having an operation.

Ah, thank you for the info. I didn't know that.
    It was odd that his voice had disappeared.

I used to love his voice. Church of the Poison Mind was the first single I ever bought! :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best singer I've ever heard on strictly, what a true talent:o:D
  • Options
    catakincatakin Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I don't think the singers that appear on SCD are ever any good however good they usually are.