Have you ever been on TV?

Comments

• Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    In one of the radio programmes I did the interviwer urged me to cheat! :eek::eek:

Fortunately I di not have to.

Before the Ranzen Show about 'gangs' I took part in the 'researchers' deliberately tried to stir up an argument between the different groups of young people taking part.

The kids realised they where being manipulated and told them to get lost and refused to play along. In fact one of them just said we are all friends. The makers of the show where obviously very disapointed they did not get there bust up on screen.
    We where also specifically promised nothing would be cut but in the event it was cut of course.
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Before the Ranzen Show about 'gangs' I took part in the 'researchers' deliberately tried to stir up an argument between the different groups of young people taking part.

The kids realised they where being manipulated and told them to get lost and refused to play along. In fact one of them just said we are all friends. The makers of the show where obviously very disapointed they did not get there bust up on screen.
    We where also specifically promised nothing would be cut but in the event it was cut of course.

Was there two programmes recorded one after the other? I had to make up the audience for another programme that I cannot even remember what it was about.

It was January 2000.

Yes there are lots of planted question etc. There was not even any proper refreshment between the programmes.

I wrote a complaint to Esther and got usual, we will look into it.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Was there two programmes recorded one after the other? I had to make up the audience for another programme that I cannot even remember what it was about.

It was January 2000.

Yes there are lots of planted question etc. There was not even any proper refreshment between the programmes.

I wrote a complaint to Esther and got usual, we will look into it.

I was just involved in the one, 1996 or 97. Sounds like the one you where on and the one I was on where both from 'Esther' (not 'Thats Life' which was earlier). 'Esther' ran from 96 to 2002 on BBC Two.

Edit; After that one I was regularly contacted by BBC researchers to go on other things but once was enough.
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    I was just involved in the one, 1996 or 97. Sounds like the one you where on and the one I was on where both from 'Esther' (not 'Thats Life' which was earlier). 'Esther' ran from 96 to 2002 on BBC Two.

I am sure you are right. So it was running out of steam by the time I was on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was interviewed by Sky Sports News the day Sir Bobby Robson died as I went to lay a old shirt by his statue at Portman Road.

I thought it was just going to be a clip on the local news and then it pops up every hour on Sky for the rest of the day.

I'm also going to be interviewed in the next couple of weeks about the Apprenticeship Scheme I am on and how it has helped me.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was interviewed by Sky Sports News the day Sir Bobby Robson died as I went to lay a old shirt by his statue at Portman Road.

I thought it was just going to be a clip on the local news and then it pops up every hour on Sky for the rest of the day.

I'm also going to be interviewed in the next couple of weeks about the Apprenticeship Scheme I am on and how it has helped me.

Just a brief interview then, is it?
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been in crowd shots at football more than once,other than that I was on That's Life about thirty-odd years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah... I was on Wave 105 in a New Local Bands type thing, too. Was interviewed and had one of my tracks played. Nothing ever came of it though... must have been crap!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My husband's been on tv several times as an 'expert'. It used to make me laugh in my school gate days when people would say, "ooh I saw your husband on the television again last night!" and you could see everyone staring round to see if, say, Adam Woodyatt's wife was standing there.
  • Olivia is coolOlivia is cool Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I was once on ITV's London Tonight as my school was being amalgamated with another and all of us were on the playing field. Primary not Secondary.
  • Non-EntityNon-Entity Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I've been in a music video. Cringe.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on channel 4's Coach Trip
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been in the audience for a couple of things, but never directly on TV

Been on radio quite a lot and I'm on one commercially released DVD.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    A few episodes of 'That's Life' in the 70's.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is an old thread, but i was interviewed yesterday for the telly.

I have no idea what its about, or whether i will be shown, but i was walking in Budgens when i got a camera shoved in my face. The interviewer was Jimmy from Jimmy's Farm.

He showed me a bowl of these flat, brittle, hard things and asked me if i knew what they were. I said no. He asked how i thought i would cook them. They were the same to feel as pasta, so i asked if you maybe boiled them ... whatever they were. He said no, they were in fact prawn crackers.

I still dont know how you would cook them.

Anyway - further around the shop he asked someone else whether they would reheat cooked rice. So I dont know what show he is doing, but look out for me.

My one regret was, i was having a serious bad hair day and i didn't have my lipstick on :p
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was interviewed ( well stopped and asked a question really ) by Look North when I was 10. I can't remember the exact details but my primary school was falling to bits and the council were seriously thinking of condemning it there and then. They asked me whether I knew if I had a school to go to tomorrow.
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my brother was on one of those antiques shows, selling his stuff, once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in the audience for a programme called Thingamajig on stv many years ago. The floor manager used to live next door to my parents.

also me and my sister played in background of a show about two sisters (not us) I was playing football with school uniform on and she was rollerskateing down a hill. we got paid about £35 pounds each for it.

also when I used to go to watch football, we stood at corner flag, so everytime a corner was taken you would see me and my sister.

My boyfriend was on tv a few years ago, he was asked to get Carol Thatcher to follow him in his cab, she was doing the knowledge to be a london cab driver, and she stopped my bf to find they way to somewhere, and would he show her they way. yes she was cheating lol.

it was funny as he did a uturn she did one after him and nearly knocked a cyclist down. then she lost him on the way.
  • Dave May CryDave May Cry Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was doing my training course in college, there was a glamour model doing it as well with a TV crew following her for a BBC three program. They were filming her for a couple of days & we all had to sign disclaimers but I never actually watched the show so I may or may not have been in the background.

That is my Alan Partridge-esque claim to fame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    You will always see me in the background on the local news stories, usually the stupid fillers at the end of the show.

But, I was wondering if any DS members have had more prominent tv appearances like on participants on quiz shows or members of the audience who get picked on by the presenter.

There must be someone on DS who's appeared on telly, after reading some of the posts on here at least someone must have appeared on Jeremy Kyle.

Question Time.
    During the Mad Cow Disease crisis. I was sat next to a big fat angry rather sweaty farmer who kept clapping enthusiastically and nudging me every time a panelist made a point he liked. They actually wanted my friend and I to sit in the front row, but I refused. :D:o
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on Inside Out East Midlands last year promoting my website

Years ago (about 12/3) I was on a late night chat show that was hosted by Nicky someone. It was filmed at Central Studios which were then in Nottingham.

I spoke up about a segment regarding British men being rubbish in bed :o ( said they wasn't

Me and hubby got recognised in the streets for weeks afterwards lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    I was on The Generation Game when i was 17 - Jim Davidson is absolutely fine as long as the cameras were on!!

I had to tie a Japanese bow on a girl (special names for these bows, those massive ornate ones that geishas and others have) and the mime game. I had the headphones on and my Dad did the mimes, it was actually incredibly hard to think of any artists at all because they play this ditsorted backwards music really loudly through them.

Bloody good game though :)
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet, but in a week or so's time.

Bravo channel 9pm July 1st
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no memory of this whatsoever but my brother told me our dad was on the local news once, on one of those 'vox pop' things in the 1970s. You know, where they wander round with a microphone and ask Joe Public the Question of the Day....

The Look North/Calendar reporter had to misfortune to alight on my dad in Crossgates Arndale Centre. The classically trained musician. Asking him what he thought of 'today's music'. They hit paydirt. He gave them it with both barrels. Apparently they used it too. I have no memory of it at all but I'd love to see it (no doubt taped over in 1973).

I do remember him watching Top of the Pops with me saying (of bryan Ferry) "He's on drugs" and of anyone else "Is that a man or a woman?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few crowd scenes on the local news. oh and I spotted myself in the crowd at last year's Tour Series race