Gaga must be so proud.

13»

Comments

• Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    She encourages it if anything. It's hypocritical though for her to let this behaviour happen and then campaign against bullying

Has she ever tried to step in and actually live up to her promise of being anti-bullying? The section of her fans who are so vicious they are genuinely shocking need to be told it's not on. They won't listen, not even to "Mother Monster" but it would be a good gesture from Gaga.

I'm finding myself frequently and increasingly disturbed by the more crazy fans behaviour.
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Thanks for your insightful opinion ;)

And agree hit em up this is just another in along line of incidents involving the monsters.

The term "moral panic" springs to mind immediately. You can all continue to convince yourselves one way or another that this all relates back to Gaga herself but ultimately these people are human beings who, I presume, have the ability to control their actions. All that's happening in this thread is usual media malarkey whereby certain points are emphasised and repeated to the point where some people then start believe it's true. Example: when a poster stated that all fanbases have their bad elements, a reply to that was that "Gaga's is worse" or something along those lines. Rubbish. People are far too selective about what they choose to believe/highlight, but of course they would be because that suits the pre-conceived point they're trying to make. The argument doesn't stack up if assumptions and preconceptions are taken out of the equation like they should be......
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benana93 wrote: »
    The term "moral panic" springs to mind immediately. You can all continue to convince yourselves one way or another that this all relates back to Gaga herself but ultimately these people are human beings who, I presume, have the ability to control their actions. All that's happening in this thread is usual media malarkey whereby certain points are emphasised and repeated to the point where some people then start believe it's true. Example: when a poster stated that all fanbases have their bad elements, a reply to that was that "Gaga's is worse" or something along those lines. Rubbish. People are far too selective about what they choose to believe/highlight, but of course they would be because that suits the pre-conceived point they're trying to make. The argument doesn't stack up if assumptions and preconceptions are taken out of the equation like they should be......

I think its a valid point to be made thought its not moral panic and it does stand up to scrutiny. Whether she has gone out and participated in the actions of ehr fans is irrelivant that was never the point that was made the point being made was a minority of her very vocal fans are getting out of hand. And in doing so it goes directly against everything she preaches about. Does it make her responsible for it of course it doesn't but nor does it mean she should continue to let it happen and ignore what is going on. As they are her fans she has an obligation to speak out against it or she risks having it look like she is continuing to let it happen and doesn't care amking all her preaching and moral creusades a shade hypocritcal. Because at the end of the day whether she is doing it or her fans it all leads back to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But its still pitiful. Its like One direction fans setting fire to a wanted t shirt ot back in the day aha against Bros. Nobody really cares but to do it against Madge who is already established and probably twice the age of these kids is a bit rude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she ever tried to step in and actually live up to her promise of being anti-bullying? The section of her fans who are so vicious they are genuinely shocking need to be told it's not on. They won't listen, not even to "Mother Monster" but it would be a good gesture from Gaga.

I'm finding myself frequently and increasingly disturbed by the more crazy fans behaviour.

Is it her place to tell them? Surely that's down to the parents. She has a strong anti-bullying stance sure, but it's not her place to say "oi, don't be a ********" to every fan that misbehaves.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clancey83 wrote: »
    Is it her place to tell them? Surely that's down to the parents. She has a strong anti-bullying stance sure, but it's not her place to say "oi, don't be a ********" to every fan that misbehaves.

I think it is her place, in a way, if she wants her anti-bullying spiel to actually come across as sincere in any way.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clancey83 wrote: »

She has a role play of course she does they idolise her and think her word is law so yes she should step in and say that it is totally unacceptable. Like i said before i don't expect her to poilce and punish that vocal minority but at the end of the day stand by the courage of your own convictions and if you feel so strongly about things then surely teach by example.