Options

Call Of Duty : Ghosts

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the most....Ghosts is all about 'running and gunning'. There's far too many entrances to cover (as most have said). Sniping has become more difficult, I had a few games on Sat night into Sun morning and was using the 'USR'. I'd see an enemy and go to take the shot and get killed by someone else who'd ran round behind me. Even having someone, bang in the middle of my sight, I'd take the shot and they wouldn't go down and they'd return fire and I'd die. Iv'e lost count how many times Iv'e respawned and died, instantly :(

I wonder if the developers are confusing snipers for campers?

It seems they are making it very difficult for snipers but campers can still camp. It should be the other way around.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I've found that I have to empty entire clips into people at point blank range in order to put them down, sadly they only need to shout "boo" the length of the map to kill me though.

So lets see - terrible spawning - unbalanced weapons - map clutter to get caught on - always getting outdrawn in 50/50 situations - annoying customisation options and poor hardcore options...

This truly is the "perfect" COD - all the previous games flaws pulled together into one handy package.

I have no confidence that the next gen version will be better so can't see myself upgrading unless some sort of miracle occurs.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the developers are confusing snipers for campers?

It seems they are making it very difficult for snipers but campers can still camp. It should be the other way around.

I switched the to 'mk14' with 3 shot burst. Got fed up using the sniper rifles and having my bullet roll down the barrel and drop out the end at my feet, while some one would nail me from the other end of the map using a pistol :confused:
  • Options
    chrisgrxchrisgrx Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone. Is there a clan I could join. I'm on xbox 360 and One when it comes out. My k/d is 1.17. Played 20 hours.

I'm on most nights. If there's space add me Chrisgrx is my gt and cod username

If people use "LINE" app. My username is chrisgrx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »

This isn't a criticism of the game, but noob players in general - if you're playing an objective-based game, how's about you play the objective, and not sit camped in your favourite spot for the entire fooking game boosting your K/D.....

To be fair IW haven't exactly helped the situation by changing point streaks back to kill streaks. Now there is no incentive to cap the flag points as the chances are you'll get shot by someone hiding in a window or whatever. Kill streaks encourage camping pure and simple, at least in Blops 2 taking the risk of capping a flag meant points towards your next streak. That was one positive change that Treyarch brought to the franchise and now IW have screwed it up again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    So I gave this mess of a game another chance over the weekend and......IT STILL SUCKS!

i did actually have a couple of enjoyable games where I managed to go positive but god was it hard work. The rest of my games were the usual mix of death by insta-kill or players spawning behind me and shooting me in the back, beyond infuriating. I think because of the large size of the maps they have designed the spawns to be close by to try keep the action going but it clearly doesn't work. This I'm sure can be fixed but the maps are still generally very poor. I do quite enjoy the snow map though, you can get some good battles going for the B flag in the tunnel.

Other positives are I quite like the weapons, they feel good and sound good, now if only I could KILL people with them!

Overall though I am dissapointed with this version of COD, it's just not as much fun as Blops 2 and I'm finding it hard to make it work for my play style. I will persevere for a bit longer and see what the next patch brings. Maybe the PS4 version will be better?
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got to say i'm liking this game. MSBS bit over powered, but miss you are dead
    Killstreaks not over powered. Now getting used to the maps i quite like some of them. Some of them are awful though.Seems bad players who love to camp play FFA.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this game now I have learnt the maps and unlocked a few decent guns :D

Its a lot more addictive than BO2 ever used to be.
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even more campers than last week.

3/5 games the kill limit is not being reached as everyone is staying in corners.

Just finished a game on Strikezone that went 65-45

And don't even get me started on the dogs that somehow take more bullets than a player to kill.
  • Options
    withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The maps are a vast improvement over black ops 2 for me which imo where the worst i have ever seen. I to seem to suffer from one shot kills , whilst it seems to take a fair few shot's from me to get a kill. Only other complaint i have, is there seems to be a shortage of modes with no bare bones modes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pmsl @ the chat messages on screen. nothing but abuse lol. Do the console versions have this on screen message crap ?.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pmsl @ the chat messages on screen. nothing but abuse lol

That reminds me of another thing i hate about this game

The funny people with mics are gone, don't get me wrong i hate all the homophobic, racist etc idiots and i'm glad, so far at least, they are gone but there where sometimes people who would be funny over their mics and you could have a good laugh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »

The funny people with mics are gone, don't get me wrong i hate all the homophobic, racist etc idiots and i'm glad, so far at least, they are gone but there where sometimes people who would be funny over their mics and you could have a good laugh

How are they gone? Unless you've muted all but friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah we do get some good laughs while chatting to others but there's far more abuse flying back and forth than ever. PC version I'm talking about though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are they gone? Unless you've muted all but friends.

I just meant there has been a lot less people with mics in the games i have played could just be random on course but i'd say since i've only ran into no more than 5/10 people on mics seems unusually low, i meant it more as a joke complaint than a real complaint to be honest, but there where a few people on BO2 that have me laughing a lot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just meant there has been a lot less people with mics in the games i have played could just be random on course but i'd say since i've only ran into no more than 5/10 people on mics seems unusually low, i meant it more as a joke complaint than a real complaint to be honest, but there where a few people on BO2 that have me laughing a lot

Oh right. Yeah pre-patch, mute all but friends annoyed me as there are a few randoms that are a laugh or play the objective/give call outs.

Personally I haven't noticed less players with mics though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok i played some more of this charlatan call of duty game

the maps are terrible
    except the one that used to be called dome before they made it over and threw in a statue////is it called strikezone?

maps are way too big , gameplay is too slow paced because of this .... they better start doing dome 24/7 or i might never play again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    withnailuk wrote: »
    The maps are a vast improvement over black ops 2 for me which imo where the worst i have ever seen. I to seem to suffer from one shot kills , whilst it seems to take a fair few shot's from me to get a kill. Only other complaint i have, is there seems to be a shortage of modes with no bare bones modes.

BIB lol thanks....funniest thing ive read all morning

BO2 maps pissed all over these maps
    there is only 1 decent map in ghosts ....and its from mw3
  • Options
    The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    I agree with loving the franchise. And hating when they come out with things I hate. Its kind of like a family. You love them, have a history with them, and continue to be disappointed by them but love them just enough to put up with them.

I have to say that I actually have met a few people on extinction that are good team workers.

It's as I say, if you love the franchise like you do other things, you'll take the good with the bad, spend your money and just enjoy it. Hopefully things for some people will improve.

I play with a few people that I don't think adore it like previous games, but I think they have found some love for the game in squads. They like it. And was worth their money.

So true Min. This disc would be firmly embedded in the wifes skull was it not for Squads (and your company of course:))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    ok i played some more of this charlatan call of duty game

the maps are terrible
    except the one that used to be called dome before they made it over and threw in a statue////is it called strikezone?

maps are way too big , gameplay is too slow paced because of this .... they better start doing dome 24/7 or i might never play again

I'm sure IW are shaking in their shoes knowing that they're going to lose you :D. Besides if your playing the game, they already have your £ so no loss to them is it.
  • Options
    withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB lol thanks....funniest thing ive read all morning

BO2 maps pissed all over these maps
    there is only 1 decent map in ghosts ....and its from mw3

Each to there own. Call a duty is what it is! It's a tired game if any thing. Which is a cash cow for the makers . The funniest thing is that both you and i have splashed the cash out and made them more cash . So if no likely sell it and move on mate!
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure IW are shaking in their shoes knowing that they're going to lose you :D. Besides if your playing the game, they already have your £ so no loss to them is it.

He could sell the game on ebay causing them a loss in sale of a new game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

me and many others ...i read that ghosts only managed 50% of bo2 sales

and i only bought 1 standard copy of ghosts as me and my son both play

i usually buy 1 standard edition , and a special edition
    ive got 2 copies of every cod on ps3 except ghosts as i dont need a 2nd copy

it may be a slow grower , and i'll end up playing it probably as my friends all play , but it just feels wrong

there is something not right about the game imo , im not sure how to explain it but it just does not feel like a cod game to me....looks and sounds like one though
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It will certainly be a loss though come DLC time.

Activision are going to have to do something special to get CoD back on top in my opinion. They've burnt a lot of bridges through this release and with the next gen now upon us, and the likes of Battlefield 4, Destiny and Titanfall looking to push FPS it's going to need a complete overhaul to look new on next gen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me and many others ...i read that ghosts only managed 50% of bo2 sales

and i only bought 1 standard copy of ghosts as me and my son both play

i usually buy 1 standard edition , and a special edition
    ive got 2 copies of every cod on ps3 except ghosts as i dont need a 2nd copy

it may be a slow grower , and i'll end up playing it probably as my friends all play , but it just feels wrong

there is something not right about the game imo , im not sure how to explain it but it just does not feel like a cod game to me....looks and sounds like one though

I agree, for a COD game, this must rank as the worst ever. It's an awful game and the best thing about it is the SP campaign. The point I'm making is that IW don't care if u don't play it as we've already coughed up the £40 for this shit.