EastEnders: Was Chrissie Watts a Legendary Character?

124»

Comments

• BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends what you mean by legend? I think she was legendary for the time she was on the show but will she be remembered as an EE icon? Possibly no.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I liked her but I don't think she was legendary. She wasn't really around long enough. She was a good character in a fallow period for the show.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,174
    Forum Member
    I liked her but I don't think she was legendary. She wasn't really around long enough. She was a good character in a fallow period for the show.

She was part of a story arc which finished, they couldn't really do anything new with her, it would just be digging up old ground
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    It's incredible what a fantastic career Tracy-Ann Oberman has had despite only being in the show for under two years.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes could do with making a return to really solidify this though as the recent viewers wouldn't have a clue who the heck she was.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Den will have to factor into the 30th anniversary celebrations somehow, whether that means a reappearance from Chrissie or the revelation that Mick's father is Den Watts meaning Sharon and Shirley are related!
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissie was awesome! If they can work out a decent coda for her, even a short one I will be very happy!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love Chrissie Watts

would like to have her back on the show too but I have no idea how a SL to get her back would go..............
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fan of Chrissie. Had the looks, storylines and a certain edge to her character that most soap females lack.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    She was part of a story arc which finished, they couldn't really do anything new with her, it would just be digging up old ground

That's why I liked her. I like the characters who have a full arc, beginning, middle and an end.

Soaps just trundle on forever, so it's nice to have some complete stories like that.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    It's incredible what a fantastic career Tracy-Ann Oberman has had despite only being in the show for under two years.

Well she had a long career before EE so it's not surprising.