Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    That must have been a challenge.
    He isn't the highest paid at the moment.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    He isn't the highest paid at the moment.

I find that awesomely hard to believe. I accept that you will now tell me different! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I find that awesomely hard to believe. I accept that you will now tell me different! :D
    McCoist is currently the highest paid manager in Scotland with his £750k a year.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    There's always hope with the play-offs ;)

Although the ridiculous bias towards the Premiership team in the format means it'll probably be as you were, albeit with half a dozen extra games at the end of the season.

yeah it certainly favours the premiership team, not really proper play offs but hopefully we win the league and dont have to worry about them:D
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McCoist is currently the highest paid manager in Scotland with his £750k a year.
    Suprised he gets that much. Though £100k a year would be enough for a 2nd division manager.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Walter on the verge of quitting as the Rangers chairman
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member

Thats incredible.

I know i set you up for that but wow!
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Walter on the verge of quitting as the Rangers chairman

who the hell brought back chuckles as a consultant anyway???

WERE THEY HIGH :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week they were looking to do the quad this week Walter walks away from the utter car crash that is Ibrox.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last week they were looking to do the quad this week Walter walks away from the utter car crash that is Ibrox.

The gift that just keeps on giving!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangers fans currently protesting outside Ibrox at the goings on - stv reporting that there are currently around 50 people attending the 7pm protest.

Edit: Jim Traynor wants the media to leave before speaking to the small gathering of supporters - nor does he want to be recorded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rangers fans currently protesting outside Ibrox at the goings on - stv reporting that there are currently around 50 people attending the 7pm protest.

Edit: Jim Traynor wants the media to leave before speaking to the small gathering of supporters - nor does he want to be recorded.

Gotta laugh of someone would champion the free press to go to such lengths.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-23587678
    The charities watchdog has strongly criticised trustees of the Rangers Charity Foundation after cash raised at a match went to the football club.

The fundraising game between Rangers Legends and AC Milan Glorie took place after the club entered administration.

A complaint was raised after it emerged that almost £200,000 went to the club rather than the charity.

The Scottish Charity Regulator has now ruled that the decision-making of the trustees "constituted misconduct".

However, it decided not to take action against any of the trustees.

The regulator's report states that the Rangers Charity Foundation had three trustees at the time of the game - all of whom were employed by or held senior positions at the club.

A fundraising dinner and the football match between Rangers Legends and AC Milan Glorie had already been scheduled for 29 and 30 March 2012 when the club entered administration on 14 February.

One of the trustees alerted the administrators, from Duff and Phelps, of the club's commitment to provide support for the event.

The report states that the trustee believed there was a risk that the administrators would not allow the game to go ahead if it was not in the interests of creditors.

The trustee agreed to assign control of the income from the charity match to the administrators to ensure that the club could recover costs.

Before this decision, the Rangers Charity Foundation had been due to receive 60% of the net profit from the game plus a management fee of £25,000.

As a result of the trustee assigning income control to the administrators, the charity only received 10% of the net profit - £38,286 - plus the management fee.

This meant that £191,430 of profit that had been due to go to the charity went to the administrators who were running club.

In its ruling, the charity regulator said: "The charity's decision-making process, which allowed important decisions to be made by one trustee acting alone, was in breach of trustees' duties and constituted misconduct on the part of the charity trustees as a whole."

The regulator said that since the charity was set up, there had been "an inherent conflict of interest" because of the trustees' connection to the club.

It also states: "In addition, the conflict of interest presented by the assignation was not managed appropriately and professional advice was not obtained as required by the charity's trust deed."

The regulator added: "Having looked carefully at the whole situation, [the regulator] has not found that the ongoing risks to charitable assets or to the reputation of the sector justify [the regulator] taking action against any of the trustees."

The regulator's report noted that one of the three trustees "did not respond to any of our requests for information".

Dignity hey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Green wants £14m for 28% of shares of a £30m company

Meanwhile Jim McColl doesnt want to buy any more shares.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it turns out Rangers lawyer actually asked for the fine that McCoist & Mather complained about!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Green's interview on SSN was Joe Kinnear-esque levels of bad
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Green's interview on SSN was Joe Kinnear-esque levels of bad

He's comedy gold. I wouldn't trust him with 50p of my money, let alone be Chief Exec of a football club.

I'm surprised one of Rangers' more psychotic element hasn't got to him yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    thought i'd have a peek here since i'm scottish, ah, i see its just celtic fans hating on Rangers, just like every other football website they can find.

get a life

watp
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thought i'd have a peek here since i'm scottish, ah, i see its just celtic fans hating on Rangers, just like every other football website they can find.

get a life

watp
    Hating? Don't think so. Having an opinion? Yes. Other fans of other clubs comment on Rangers as well.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Hating? Don't think so. Having an opinion? Yes. Other fans of other clubs comment on Rangers as well.

Didn't see much debating while hearts were going into, and still is in administration.
    Everyone was strangely quiet....funny that.

seems only one clubs worth talking about.:D

Carry on.:)

Edit....

In fairness, even hearts aint talking about hearts going into administration, all the discussion is still about Rangers.

I popped over to their forum to see what was being planned by the fans, fundraising etc to help their club, only to find a 1000 page long thread about rangers is by a long long long LONG way the most viewed and commented in on the board.

The old claim of, "they hate our club more that they love their own" from rangers fans has never been so well demonstrated.;)

FORUM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havent Hearts fans raised more money to save their club than Rangers!

Nuff said
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

get a life

watp

Someone get the violins out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Watp is the most cringeworthy phrase ever
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Someone get the violins out.

Never mind the violins, lets strike up the band, we've got rid of Wilson & lets hope the phat lady will sing when we get Ambrose out the door

Theres got to be better on the books than those two surely ?
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, in football news, the 2nd round of the League Cup:

​ Morton v Montrose
    Stranraer v Ross County
    Dundee v Forfar Athletic
    Dumbarton v Dundee United
    Kilmarnock v Hamilton Academical
    Airdrieonians v Livingston
    Partick Thistle v Cowdenbeath
    Queen of the South v St. Mirren
    Aberdeen v Alloa Athletic
    Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian
    Falkirk v Dunfermline Athletic

It means Forfar are visiting Dens twice in a week after we drew them in the Challenge Cup as well. Falkirk v Dunfermline should be interesting, and Stranraer v Ross County is the very definition of "oooft".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in football news, the 2nd round of the League Cup:

​ Morton v Montrose
    Stranraer v Ross County
    Dundee v Forfar Athletic
    Dumbarton v Dundee United
    Kilmarnock v Hamilton Academical
    Airdrieonians v Livingston
    Partick Thistle v Cowdenbeath
    Queen of the South v St. Mirren
    Aberdeen v Alloa Athletic
    Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian
    Falkirk v Dunfermline Athletic

It means Forfar are visiting Dens twice in a week after we drew them in the Challenge Cup as well. Falkirk v Dunfermline should be interesting, and Stranraer v Ross County is the very definition of "oooft".

A home draw at last, cant remember the last time we had one :D

in saying that wouldnt have minded Montrose away if the games were on a Saturday as that is one of the few grounds i havent been to
This discussion has been closed.