Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »

I have just found this link which denies that JS was ever a Knight of Malta despite media reports.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20130115/local/Jimmy-Savile-was-no-Knight-of-Malta.453376

He was given a decoration by people in this country but not made a member honorary or otherwise.

Not a 'member' per se, but he was apparently given an 'honorary' title of some sort:

http://maltastar.com/dart/20121027-will-jimmy-savile-remain-knight-of-malta
    Jimmy Savile is listed as one of the recipients of the Order pro merito Melitensi of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta published in the Annual Report of the British Association, Sovereign Military Order of Malta, 2010
    Although, strictly speaking, honorees become knights or dames, they are not invested in a religious ceremony as knights and dames of the Order of Malta itself

So there would have been many opportunities for him to blag, or grab, a robe for his customary gurning photo commemorating the event!

There were all sorts of suggestions that there was a 'Masonic' contingent at his funeral, and as I recall, it turned out it was a Knights of Malta contingent that had turned out in their outfits.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "If I can get away with only going half way around a track, I will."

"I don't always tell the truth."

"I can get anything, me."

"I can get anything, and I can do anything."

Also, frequent allusions to himself being 'The Godfather', as well as women giving you 'brain damage'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Watson MP
    http://www.tom-watson.co.uk/2013/01/response-to-the-metropolitan-police-announcement-that-a-criminal-investigation-has-been-launched

I urge any witnesses or victims to come forward if they think they can help with the inquiry.
    No matter what has happened in the past, now is the time for your voice to be heard.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    true and if you performed badly in exams at school (I think that's what they mean) then be worried....I'd bet my life the majority of criminals have a bad memory

Go for it, you have a lovely writing style btw:)

Oh? thank you. I feared I waffle on a bit much(!).
    My OH is short and ambidextrous. He is very good at spoonerisms and Countdown and Scrabble. He can do those better than I can. I agree that left-handedness/ambidextrousness is a red herring and a bit thoughtless. Left-handed people have enough trouble already, already!

Still, it's good that we can discuss it. Izzy, I too think you should do the creative writing. It has your name on it. :)

My mum loves Countdown but she always shouts out the words/anagrams or solves the maths problems out loud when its on, which infuriates my dad (and me when im on holiday and watch it ocassionally) because it gives us no time to try and attempt it ourselves :D

Thanks - I don't know if there's anything on offer but ill have a look in the local paper tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just spotted this:-
    (apologies if already posted/referred to above but I don't think so?).

Horrible stories, its shocking such things go on.
    She claimed she had been "sold" to Karrar by an unnamed man to "cure her bad attitude", Mr Lucas said.

Cure her bad attitude indeed(!) the mind boggles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding the Knights of Malta label, I found the following from the biography (obviously can't verify authenticity though):-
    Jimmy is also one of 250 Knights of Malta from the UK and proudly wore his distinctive Maltese Cross around his neck, especially when calling at the island during a cruise. Nephew Roger Foster recalled that Jimmy was given the award for his charity work. The aims of the Order of Malta are to live by Christian example and to help the poor and the sick, regardless of religion or race. They also help provide emergency aid to disaster areas throughout the world.
    ...Was he even a member of Mensa I wonder or was that 'honorary' membership as well.;)

The book says the following about Mensa -
    He became a member of Mensa in 1977, with an IQ of 150, putting him in the top one per cent of highly intelligent people.

However, the book also claims he was the only person to get two This Is Your Life shows/books, which others here have already pointed out to be untrue.

Flicking through the next few pages out of curiosity, I notice it goes on to talk about his final interview on October 25th 2011 and I noticed it states that one of three other people in his flat with him was
    Mick Starkey, a just-retired West Yorkshire police inspector, who had popped in.

oh aye? and a couple of paragraphs on it goes on to say
    He always said: 'Go on, ask me anything, I'll talk about anything you want.' If he didn't want to answer me he would usually change the subject with a zany comment. When I asked him how it felt to be reaching 85, he was oddly reticent, but then joked: 'So many women, so little time.'

*balk*.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I'd never even heard some of this stuff about paedophiles being left handed with low IQ etc,, and yet it would seem to match a lot of these guys that get caught and imprisoned.....quite a few of them appear to be socially isolated misfits alright and not the most articulate of people.

My humble theory would be that there are paedophiles who are left handed and those who are right handed, short and tall, etc etc. There are also paedophiles with low IQs and paedophiles with high IQ. I imagine the ones who get caught and get caught more easily are the ones with lower IQs, which probably skews any sample somewhat. Savile is certainly one example of a higher-IQ paedophile who managed to get away with it for much longer :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • luckylegsluckylegs Posts: 7,400
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your post. I have looked at the type of robes but there is nothing like the one i saw on the DI site.

I have just found this link which denies that JS was ever a Knight of Malta despite media reports.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20130115/local/Jimmy-Savile-was-no-Knight-of-Malta.453376

He was given a decoration by people in this country but not made a member honorary or otherwise.

Was he even a member of Mensa I wonder or was that 'honorary' membership as well.;)

The V sash collars are regalia of the Knights of Saint Columba which is a Catholic fraternal service which was founded in Glasgow in 1919

http://www.colinspiller.pwp.blueyond...Summer2009.htm

http://www.colinspiller.pwp.blueyond...dsP5/index.htm
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the pic on here. Later on there will be the same pic with another of JS in a mask but it's an epic trawl and I haven't got time at the moment. Hope link works.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222773&page=21

Just a kaftan you might say but the question is why is he wearing it: as some kind of statement perhaps - and then there is the mask. It's no proof of anything in itself but could indicate a predilection for ritual and dark matter.

(No connection with Knights of any kind intended.)
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks pretty standard issue for the late 60s/early 70s to me!
    An Uncle of mine had loads of outfits like that, but with the mountain of hair he had I doubt he'd have been able to put the hood up.
    Sort of thing a Led Zep fan out to impress would have in their arsenal when entertaining at home ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief, that David Icke forum thread is 2113 pages long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, frequent allusions to himself being 'The Godfather', as well as women giving you 'brain damage'.

Out of curiosity, is there a link between the two? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is there a link between the two? :confused:

No-I just mentioned them as two other Savillisms, which betray possibly suspect attitudes, and that were not included in the list that I quoted.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-I just mentioned them as two other Savillisms, which betray possibly suspect attitudes, and that were not included in the list that I quoted.

That reminds me - apparently JS had an incident in his childhood where he hurt his head badly in a fall. There was also the pit accident. Perhaps someone else could find a link.

Fred West had a bad injury to the head and it is thought to be significant in some cases.

Yes, you're right he did call himself The Godfather and refer to women as 'brain damage', both of these evidenced in the Louis Theraux doc. He also said he was the 'eminence grise', working behind the scenes and in the shadows and getting things done.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,917
    Forum Member

Badly written?
    After breaking her 38-year silence to assist police, she is now furious that officials did not bring Savile to justice before he died.

These people who knew what he was up to need to be punished,” she said.

Maybe people didn’t want to face the truth. Now, with so many victims, I hope they are thinking ‘I could have stopped this’. I hope they are hanging their heads in shame.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ok fair enough; just curious.

Sounds a curious project to be involved in perhaps? people have questioned whether he was gay, though the majority of the allegations were made by females.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    That reminds me - apparently JS had an incident in his childhood where he hurt his head badly in a fall. There was also the pit accident. Perhaps someone else could find a link.

Fred West had a bad injury to the head and it is thought to be significant in some cases.

IIRC, another serial-killer, David Berkowitz (Son of Sam), also had a head injury when they let him drop as a small child. And, if I'm not mistaken, another one, Kenneth Bianchi, suffered a head injury as a baby.

Here it is a good link about the subject: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/tick/9b.html

I read that sociopathy may be linked to head injuries or brain damage. According to his father, the behaviour of Philip Garrido, the child abuser who kidnapped Jaycee Duggard, radically changed after an accident where his head was seriously injured, and began abusing children
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brain tumours have been known to do this too.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, you're right he did call himself The Godfather and refer to women as 'brain damage', both of these evidenced in the Louis Theraux doc. He also said he was the 'eminence grise', working behind the scenes and in the shadows and getting things done.

One of Savile's sisters referred to this on This Is Your Life and said the incident was extremely serious and that he had been unconscious for weeks or something.

Maybe this is more significant than we imagine as he certainly became a cold, calculating sociopath as an adult.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of Savile's sisters referred to this on This Is Your Life and said the incident was extremely serious and that he had been unconscious for weeks or something.

I have to say I've never heard of Savile having a serious head-injury as a child-and I always thought of myself as something as a repository of Savile-trivia. Everyone knows of his pit accident, of course, and there is also an incident he often mentions where he supposedly recovered to life, on his deathbed, at about a year old, due to prayers of intercession, which is often mentioned. Savile called for the women who did the prayers to be beatified en route to canonisation, I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe this is more significant than we imagine as he certainly became a cold, calculating sociopath as an adult.

Is this the same time as when the doctor issued a death certificate? I heard that was pneumonia, the same condition he died of in the end.

Its interesting how such traumas may alter a person in such a way - I can only guess to do with certain parts of the brain, emotions must be controlled by a certain area which is interrupted/loses blood flow there during the head trauma? something like that. I've read some strange things such as people waking up from comas or after transplants with a completely different dialect or being able to speak other languages, though thats pretty rare. It makes me wonder what we're capable of that for whatever reason, we don't 'tap into', both good and bad I suppose. Could we all potentially be able to speak other languages and change our thoughts and emotions, if we knew how to tap into the right areas of ourselves? ok thats probably sci-fi mumbo jumbo but its interesting none the less...
This discussion has been closed.