Panda Anti-Virus and CCleaner

Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since the recent update of Panda's free cloud-based anti-virus, I've had a problem when trying to update to the latest version of CCleaner.

It will let me download the .exe file to run and update the program, but as soon as it's finished Panda quarantines it as a possible threat. >:(

I've added Piriform as a safe website to Panda, but it makes no difference as it lets me onto the website no problem.

Any ideas how I can get around this?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does it do if you try and restore the file from quarantine? Does it protest or let you do it and run CCleaner normally?

I have found a few threads on various Panda forums about issues between CCleaner and Panda so you're not the only one having problems. Most likely it's a false positive and seems to come and go with the virus definitions updates in Panda from what I've been reading.
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am using CCleaner & Panda Free version.
    No problems anywhere.
  • Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    What does it do if you try and restore the file from quarantine? Does it protest or let you do it and run CCleaner normally?

Never even occurred to me to do that.

Restored the file, and installed the latest version.

Just damned annoying why it does it in the first place.

Thanks.
  • diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    I tried updating to Panda Free from Cloud and it seemed to work okay at first, but when I rebooted I just got a blank screen with a pointer on it for 20 minutes (twice).

So I've done a restore to the Cloud version. Anyone else had problems ??
  • EarakeEarake Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just updated Ccleaner to v4.17.4808(64bit), I'm also using Panda Cloud Free and the scan time for Ccleaner has now gone up to 26 minutes from around 10 minutes on previous versions.

This is on an 2.67GHz i5 laptop with 4GB ram + Win 7 Pro x64
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earake wrote: »
    I've just updated Ccleaner to v4.17.4808(64bit), I'm also using Panda Cloud Free and the scan time for Ccleaner has now gone up to 26 minutes from around 10 minutes on previous versions.

This is on an 2.67GHz i5 laptop with 4GB ram + Win 7 Pro x64

I'd think something was wrong if it took even 10 minutes to scan my system! Mind you I suppose it comes down to how much stuff it has to wade through on the hard drive and how much garbage it encounters along the way :)
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the latest version of CCleaner & run Panda Cloud FREE version.
    A scan with CCleaner completes in under 1 min.
    It even wiped free space in under half an hour