Options

MEDELS? bloody medels? EE

lalalala Posts: 21,175
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that old man (forgot his name) who was going to marry Nana Moons only stayed with her because he wanted to steal a bunch of medels and stuff that are only worth about £50 to £100?

God is his pention really that bad??????????

My goodness, EE you are really scrapping the bottom of the deck now, aren't you!

Goodness what crap, i didn't know whether to laugh or just sit there looking puzzled. So i did both! :D

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    £30,000 that's what he got!

Rudi
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?

£30,000 for that?

Can that realy be right?

But still, Nana worth 30 thousand quid?

Oh now come on!
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala wrote:
    Really?
    £30,000 for that?
    Can that realy be right?
    But still, Nana worth 30 thousand quid?
    Oh now come on!
    I think the money he's stolen has something to do with Pat. But I've yet to see any evidence of this on the screen. :D
  • Options
    Neily NNeily N Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone find tonights episode crap?

It's a shame the Baliffs didnt send the Ferrira's out of Walford, so we couldnt see them ever again. Why can't they leave? Why oh Why?

The rice scam with Big Mo and Mickey wasn't funny at all. I am also sick and tired of hearing about Sonia and Martin's wedding - don't they know they'll probably split in 6-8 months time!

It was evil of Wilfred to scam Nana Moon, but as mentioned above its scraping the barrel stuff for the show who will be looking forward to a BBC3 slot the way things are going on.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm something to do with the car lot lease and pat's keenness to get it up and running
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malaikah wrote:
    hmmm something to do with the car lot lease and pat's keenness to get it up and running
    Have you actually seen her hand over the money because I know that I haven't. :D
  • Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Didn't watch EE last night ... why was that? oh yeh because it's crap :) Decided to stay with Edale instead, although that wasn't exactly brilliant -- but better than the alternative.

I had read that the old guy scams Pat out of her car lot money so I guess that is what is supposed to have happened. Yet it seems the writers can't even cobble a script together so viewers know what's happening any longer.

Think I made the right viewing choice last night by the sound of the comments on here.
  • Options
    LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im wondering if Wilf is actually Alfie's Grandfather and Nanas husband??? Thats why he took his medals and she found jewellry she thought she'd lost...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched EE last night. But i think I must have missed an episode somewhere! Pat/car lot/ Wilfred - ive missed all that.
    And i didnt realise Sonia and Martin intended getting married so soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Why are they getting married when they will have to live with relatives! And I bet Sonia gives up nursing.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valskey wrote:
    I watched EE last night. But i think I must have missed an episode somewhere! Pat/car lot/ Wilfred - ive missed all that.
    And i didnt realise Sonia and Martin intended getting married so soon.

You have to get married quickly in soapland before the writers think of some way of preventing it! And not to worry if you're not 100% sure that marrying some guy you met on a bus / the guy who killed your last fiance is the right thing to do, because chances are, one of you won't turn up for the wedding, or someone else will turn up and wreck it. Even if your big day does go ahead without a hitch the marriage will be over within the year due to an affair, an unwanted pregnancy or a tragic accident.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neily N wrote:
    Did anyone find tonights episode crap?

It's a shame the Baliffs didnt send the Ferrira's out of Walford, so we couldnt see them ever again. Why can't they leave? Why oh Why?

The rice scam with Big Mo and Mickey wasn't funny at all. I am also sick and tired of hearing about Sonia and Martin's wedding - don't they know they'll probably split in 6-8 months time!

It was evil of Wilfred to scam Nana Moon, but as mentioned above its scraping the barrel stuff for the show who will be looking forward to a BBC3 slot the way things are going on.

I didn't think Bailiffs were legally allowed to enter your home by force, the only way they can come in is if you invite them (like vampires...)

Also, Im glad Wilf's going he has a face like a slapped arse, put me off me chips.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    wilf's probably gonna get lovejoy to flog the medals for him.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Wilfred alfie's grandfather? Even EE couldn't pull that off!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    NatalieP wrote:
    I didn't think Bailiffs were legally allowed to enter your home by force, the only way they can come in is if you invite them (like vampires...)

That is actually correct - Baliffs have to leave and come back with the police if they want to enter your house with out your permission.

Also current law on baliffs have not changes for a while and if you offer them something ridicuulous like £1 they have to leave that day. They will be back then next day, but as long as you keep forking over the quid they will just keep leaving peacefully.

Also if you leave your backdoor open they can not enter as they have to walk though your land to get that door. Useless information for those who want it.

Can any one tell me what happened to the the Dad of the ferrets (I can't spell ferraras) as surely you would not keep the payments up for a house that does not belong to you anyway. :confused: If your Dad had run off wouldn't you just go and find a relative that could look after you?

Also I think that the Nanna/Wilf story line is beyond farsical. Please let someone with an ounce of intellegence take over the script writing for a while so that an interesting story line comes into view. Who really cares what happens to any of the characters at the moment :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    minxamI wrote:
    Can any one tell me what happened to the the Dad of the ferrets (I can't spell ferraras) as surely you would not keep the payments up for a house that does not belong to you anyway. :confused: If your Dad had run off wouldn't you just go and find a relative that could look after you?

Also I think that the Nanna/Wilf story line is beyond farsical. Please let someone with an ounce of intellegence take over the script writing for a while so that an interesting story line comes into view. Who really cares what happens to any of the characters at the moment :yawn:

There was some bollox about them thinking Dad was still paying the mortgage (why would they assume that?) but in fact he'd been siphoning money out of the bank account for himself while he was away rather than paying the mortgage.

Find a relatives that could look after you.... these are grown people (with bad scripts admittedly) with jobs and limbs and everything, they could, if the writers would let them, look after themselves like normal people.

Yeh the nana-wilf plot was one of the most pathetic ee has come up with, and there has been a lot of competition. The old codger waits until the wedding day to steal the medals, then they slip in a quick plot about Pat handing over £30K. It's beyond laughable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    was it just me who missed it, but i didnt see pat handing over £30k.... and anyway, how did pat have that kind of money ? i thought she was broke ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    didn't pat get a big pay-off from barry?i have to agree,the whole plot is laughable-and not in a good way.
  • Options
    Richie_lecturer1977Richie_lecturer1977 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lippincote wrote:
    There was some bollox about them thinking Dad was still paying the mortgage (why would they assume that?) but in fact he'd been siphoning money out of the bank account for himself while he was away rather than paying the mortgage.

May I ask why the Ferreira's didn't get a new bank account if their dad was siphoning money out of it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is actually correct - Baliffs have to leave and come back with the police if they want to enter your house with out your permission.

Also current law on baliffs have not changes for a while and if you offer them something ridicuulous like £1 they have to leave that day. They will be back then next day, but as long as you keep forking over the quid they will just keep leaving peacefully.

Also if you leave your backdoor open they can not enter as they have to walk though your land to get that door. Useless information for those who want it.

I bloody knew it!! EE show their bad research again, yet i can't stop watching it.............!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You didnt see Pat hand over the money to Wilf I think the idea behind that was so you would be "shocked" when it was revealled :yawn:

Pat going to Den for help and Den giving her a grand :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: So Pat's down on her luck again I am so tired of seeing Pat struggling for money its always the same, will she ever retire????

As for The Ferraria story, I cannot understand why they didnt just give up on the house months ago and rent a smaller place. The mortgage would be too expensive anyway considering only Ash actually has a "proper" job. That stall seems to support Adi & Kareena but would it also pay for a mortgage of at least a grand a month and put food on the table pay all the bills and let them go to the Vic everynight of the week! Tariq & Ronnie do f**k all apart from some gigs in Angies Den. They are all adults why not all go their seerate ways get smaller flats (dare I say away from The Square) and GET JOBS!! Like we all have to. Why Ash would still want to live with his brothers & sister is beyond me at his age!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How pathetic is Eastenders at the moment? You can't even compare it to corrie anymore can you? Lets look at the figures shall we...? Eastenders promotes the hell out of big storylines and shows where only a few ppl r involved. They were expecting great things from the Alfir - Kat episode and granted they had 11.7 million viewers, it doesnt seem that great when only a few episodes earlier Eastenders gained their lowest ever rating - 6.4 million viewers! Coronation street on the other hand nearly had 11.7 million viewers on their 10pm episode on that historic Monday night, and even that was eclipsed by the same show twice earlier on in the evening! 12.2 and 12.2 million viewers!!! Also Corrie isnt promoted as much as Eastenders! Also it has been reported that last week Corrie had 6 of the top 10 most watched programs! 6 out of a possible 6!!! How many did Eastenders have? 2! And one of them was the Kat- Alfie episode!!

Come on Eastenders, for the sake of your viewers, wisen up and write decent storylines like you used to! Otherwise i fear that Eastenders lowest ever rating will be beaten and sometime in the near future as well while coronation street goes from strength to strength!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Al220385 wrote:
    May I ask why the Ferreira's didn't get a new bank account if their dad was siphoning money out of it?

You may well ask, although as I'm not a scriptwriter I couldn't tell you (not that they could either :rolleyes: ). But they didn't know what was happening because the letters arrived addressed to Dan, and Adi gazed moronically at them and put them in a drawer without opening them (still in the "dad'll be back soon" phase).

Anyway, we've established it's a bollox storyline haven't we :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As for The Ferraria story, I cannot understand why they didnt just give up on the house months ago and rent a smaller place. The mortgage would be too expensive anyway considering only Ash actually has a "proper" job. That stall seems to support Adi & Kareena but would it also pay for a mortgage of at least a grand a month and put food on the table pay all the bills and let them go to the Vic everynight of the week! Tariq & Ronnie do f**k all apart from some gigs in Angies Den. They are all adults why not all go their seerate ways get smaller flats (dare I say away from The Square) and GET JOBS!! Like we all have to. Why Ash would still want to live with his brothers & sister is beyond me at his age!

But how did they EVER afford the house, when Dan was there? Dan didn't work did he? So he was just a further drain on resources.

You're right, there seems to be some idea about them being Siamese quintuplets, unable to live apart from each other. Maybe on the basis that no one else could put up with them for more than a few days. On the same basis, maybe no one would give them jobs either :)
  • Options
    Richie_lecturer1977Richie_lecturer1977 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Eastenders, for the sake of your viewers, wisen up and write decent storylines like you used to! Otherwise i fear that Eastenders lowest ever rating will be beaten and sometime in the near future as well while coronation street goes from strength to strength!

I think we should organise a week long EE boycott. I know the members on DS only make up a tiny fraction of the problem, but if we make a stand I'm sure we could knock a few thousand off the ratings, and get others who aren't on this forum to join in - then it might make a difference.