Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

i think this just shows what a lovely person he is - he could have made a lot of money but there you are;)
    foxylox wrote: »
    That is fab! he's such a cool guy...and he'll always have a roaring welcome in his local pubs! Would be a world apart for him with the craziness that will be his life from now on! It'll be nice for him to have a bit of relative normality of playing with the boys for a night..and charging normal rates LOL
    Altho he'll probably have to do it for free to pay off his bartab;)

Ali & Richard's full names in print yaaaayyy!!! Love it..famous Ali ;);):D:D

It will be fantastic for him won't it. What a great friend to have;)
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right I am off to bed Nite Nite all.;)
  • Options
    off the pageoff the page Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I remember fondly waiting to see if Duran Duran The Reflex got to number one :D

Oh blimey, this takes me back! Is this the "living out a second youth" thread? I think it is for me...

Anyway, i'm pages behind as per usual, but just loving Adrian Chiles's "man-love". At first I was wondering what everyone was talking about - that it was a new DS name for Aiden.

As for the Capital FM web chat... I was just going to put it on in the background and not watch it, but couldn't seem to prise myself away. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    They're extremely random! wouldn't they pick someone he's actually met!:D

There's no Irish name there? hmmmm....how to get in contact with oddscheckers...:rolleyes::cool:

he's met dannii!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mazzamac2 wrote: »
    I got mine answered as to whether he writes the lyrics or the melody first ..it was the only one that got 'good question' from him this afternoon. But it is quite pathetic of me to be so pleased that he answered my question :eek:

Oh Mazza, it was YOU who prompted the answer "it's best when they both come together"... fnarr

Sorry...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's met dannii!!!!!

Sorry yeah..he's met around 7 of them! I just checked after & never went back to change my post :eek::eek:

Loved your Q by the way on the Capital stream thingy..I thought it was a very informative & interesting answer too..I actually listened to it..in the midst of *kiss me* *lick me* *marry me* (All my questions LOL)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    Right I am off to bed Nite Nite all.;)

Nite Mita...I'm bringing acoss this from MF..

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/matt-reveals-irish-ancestry-after-winning-the-x-factor-2458564.html

Matt McArdle's Irish roots being confirmed by himself yay!!

We all knew it here anyway..he still got many thousands of votes from the Emerald Isle :D:D

SCD xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh blimey, this takes me back! Is this the "living out a second youth" thread? I think it is for me...

Anyway, i'm pages behind as per usual, but just loving Adrian Chiles's "man-love". At first I was wondering what everyone was talking about - that it was a new DS name for Aiden.

As for the Capital FM web chat... I was just going to put it on in the background and not watch it, but couldn't seem to prise myself away. :o

You're away behind!! :eek::eek: hours of reading up to do..!

I'm hitting the hay myself..early start in the morning..back to the frost & ice driving-can't wait :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're away behind!! :eek::eek: hours of reading up to do..!

I'm hitting the hay myself..early start in the morning..back to the frost & ice driving-can't wait :rolleyes:

I hopped, skipped and jumped here to catch up! But this thread has not really slowed down yet. Maybe by this time next year. Will surely break any record for longest AT ever!

Can I please ask someone to tell Matt in his next webchat or whatever - PLEASE NOT CHANELLE HAYES! God, I cannot bear that woman. (ok, so I don't know her personally, and yes, it's all about the music. And obviously I've just outed myself as an ex-Big Brother saddo.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry yeah..he's met around 7 of them! I just checked after & never went back to change my post :eek::eek:

Loved your Q by the way on the Capital stream thingy..I thought it was a very informative & interesting answer too..I actually listened to it..in the midst of *kiss me* *lick me* *marry me* (All my questions LOL)

I was interested as a comparison to the Elton John Team with Bernie taupin who always wrote the words first and then EJ added the melody
  • Options
    Forum Member

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/matt-reveals-irish-ancestry-after-winning-the-x-factor-2458564.html

We all knew it here anyway..he still got many thousands of votes from the Emerald Isle :D:D

SCD xx

Dannii of course is Irish too:D ..in fact more Irish than Matt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was interested as a comparison to the Elton John Team with Bernie taupin who always wrote the words first and then EJ added the melody

No as a music lover but no knowledge of the creativity, writing process or the technical skill that goes into lyrics & writing tunes..I was interested to hear his process..which is mostly melody first, then followed by lyrics..I'd love to hear the songs where they came together for him...sounds good!

So EJ would do the opposite of what Matt or most songwriters would start off with? i would say difficult to compose a melody on top of lyrics..Like writing a poem then adding all your sonnets..etc! errr that made no sense! like writing a poem with no guidelines whatsoever?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii of course is Irish too:D ..in fact more Irish than Matt

Well there's meant to be 60 million Irish Passport holders scattered around the world..so hard to keep tabs on all of them :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mitacond wrote: »
    i think this just shows what a lovely person he is - he could have made a lot of money but there you are;)

It will be fantastic for him won't it. What a great friend to have;)

I don't know if you noticed mita, but Dannii mentioned Richard in the final video with Matt and Konnie ..she said she's been explaining about getting the news of the categories with Richard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well there's meant to be 60 million Irish Passport holders scattered around the world..so hard to keep tabs on all of them :D:D

And another 60 million scots no doubt foxy ...we celts are ubiquitous ....and very, very talented:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No as a music lover but no knowledge of the creativity, writing process or the technical skill that goes into lyrics & writing tunes..I was interested to hear his process..which is mostly melody first, then followed by lyrics..I'd love to hear the songs where they came together for him...sounds good!

So EJ would do the opposite of what Matt or most songwriters would start off with? i would say difficult to compose a melody on top of lyrics..Like writing a poem then adding all your sonnets..etc! errr that made no sense! like writing a poem with no guidelines whatsoever?

Iain wrote quite a few songs and he would always write the lyrics first ..and that I think would be my process ..I was surprised by his answer ...because 'Junior' for instance sound much more lyrically than tunefully driven to me ..I though it might be more fifty/fifty ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that the most cogent argument for Matt writing and producing his own songs IS his voice. As Dannii pointed out, there are very few songs written for Matt's voice ..it therefore seems obvious that he should get some out there. John Lennon had a similar quandary ...he wrote and sang much/most of his songs and once other people try to tackle them it becomes apparent that he wrote them with his own range and style paramount to the finished piece.
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

SCD xx

LOL - I think I wrote the same about Matts roots on here the other day, even the dropping of the Mc.

Anyway, morning :D

Report on Millies - click video to see arrivals and pic of Matt performing

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/3279061/Millies-2010-Stars-salute-our-heroes.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Our+Boys
  • Options
    CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think David Beckham was a very handsome young man, but he RUINED his body with all those tattoos. I know Matts got a couple but I really hope he doesn't get anymore. The glorious tanning video was all the better for seeing his god given flesh. ......
    Sorry having a moment thinking about Matts back.
    Oooohhhh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone!!

The next installment of the book in the Sun!!

Ali get a big mention and his Sunday name too!! Alistair!!!!;):D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3278834/Matt-Cardle-My-story-in-my-words.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    I got my red wristband!

Cannot wait to see him today. There were a few people sitting on the floor with their blankets waiting till 5pm! Bless them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet153 wrote: »
    I got my red wristband!

Cannot wait to see him today. There were a few people sitting on the floor with their blankets waiting till 5pm! Bless them.

Sweet!! Thats brilliant!! Well done!!:D:D I am sooooo jealous!!!:o

Have an amazing time!! Take loads of pics and stuff and we want a full run down of events!!

Don't forget to tell him DS love him!!!;);)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    SAMofBEV wrote: »
    Sweet!! Thats brilliant!! Well done!!:D:D I am sooooo jealous!!!:o

Have an amazing time!! Take loads of pics and stuff and we want a full run down of events!!

Don't forget to tell him DS love him!!!;);)

I'm going to grab as many pictures as I can!!!! What I found interesting is that there were loads of guys waiting for the wristbands too and they weren't young! There were a few men i'd say in their 30's and I was pleased because it shows he appeals to all sorts of people! So there were loads of younger girls, older girls, older men and younger boys!

Cannot wait!!! Aaa i'm so excited and nervous.

Also, i'll upload some good pics if I get any of him tonight on here!
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet153 wrote: »
    I got my red wristband!

Enjoy - can you film? I know cheeky request.:p
    SAMofBEV wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!!

The next installment of the book in the Sun!!

Ali get a big mention and his Sunday name too!! Alistair!!!!;):D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3278834/Matt-Cardle-My-story-in-my-words.html

ah so it was a pal of his Ex that sent the video in ;)

I love that Peter Gabriel/Kate Bush track - Matts 'pulling' song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCRZLr9oRw
This discussion has been closed.