Atlantis - Series 1 Discussion/Spoilers/Speculation

Comments

• starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9.5 9.5 9.3 9.4 9.8

That Athenian judge was a bit harsh I feel.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    He jumped over the bull, phew.:D
    Yeah. It's proper exciting telly, ain't it!

:p
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »

Well you know how dodgy Greek judges are. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the baby a druid?
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep expecting Xena to pop up at some point :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bar Jason being shirtless and a glorious amount of green screen there wasn't much to this episode.

I don't get how they expect us to buy into this Jason/Bashir's daughter relationship. They've barely said two words to each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    I keep expecting Xena to pop up at some point :o
    If only!
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not entirely sure why Jason was the saviour of the day, he only did what the others did. Hercules was more impressive, I couldn't jump over a bull and I'd like to think I'm in slightly better shape! I suppose that's where the stunt wires come in handy ;)
    Thought this episode had more potential than it delivered but it doesn't deserve the hate on this thread imo.
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, so how exactly were they are doing such gymnastic leaps over that bull, especially Hercules? Is the sand in Atlantis particularly bouncy, or something?

Decent episode. Medusa is my favourite character! You go girl :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread, crap! :o
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    Not entirely sure why Jason was the saviour of the day, he only did what the others did. Hercules was more impressive, I couldn't jump over a bull and I'd like to think I'm in slightly better shape! I suppose that's where the stunt wires come in handy ;)
    Thought this episode had more potential than it delivered but it doesn't deserve the hate on this thread imo.

He did a double front tucked somersault with half a twist whereas Hercules only did a single.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You notice they're still watching though! :D:D
    Tiresome isn't it? I use the ignore button!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next week seems like a stock genre staple: heroes find baby/young child. Child is dangerous/risk to the ones in power. Heroes have to protect child...
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God, they killed Mickey! I actually liked this one, not too mind challenging, but nice to watch. And I could actually see the green screen when Pythagoras jumped :D Apropos bull leaping, I think I read a book where this was used as a training for surviving meeting with Minotaur. It did not really help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    You notice they're still watching though!
    Ta-dah!!! (again)

It's good to know there are still some things you can rely on. :D
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I thought tonight was by far the best of the three episodes. At the end of the day this kind of Saturday night fare hardly needs to be thought provoking, it just needs to provide good escapism. Merlin at its best did that, and for the first time Atlantis had me hooked all the way through. As long as it keeps doing that it should find enough of an audience to see series 2 at least.

Jason does look like an eighties footballer transported through time though.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »

Perhaps his hands were pointing in the wrong direction and he jumped off the wrong leg-its usually that. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just realised nothing happened to the teacher that killed the prisoner. I'm guessing it will be answered next week or forgotten about.
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just realised nothing happened to the teacher that killed the prisoner. I'm guessing it will be answered next week or forgotten about.

Most likely forgotten about :p
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    You've seen ALL their work, have you?
    Including As If of course....

THAT'S WHERE I'VE SEEN MEDUSA BEFORE!!

Thank you, that's been bugging me. :D
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree, I love Hercules and there was an interview with Mark Addy where he joked the show really was all about him not Jason and I'm wondering if he wasn't actually right :)
    It was an okay episode tonight, I preferred last weeks, but there was a bit more movement on the plot. Pasiphae is a follower of Hecate (not surprising) and (in this) she's Ariadne's stepmother rather than actual mother so there's going to be mileage there I suspect.
    I'm only giving it 6/10 as there wasn't really much going on, next week's looks more promising.
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    At the end of the day this kind of Saturday night fare hardly needs to be thought provoking, it just needs to provide good escapism. Merlin at its best did that, and for the first time Atlantis had me hooked all the way through. As long as it keeps doing that it should find enough of an audience to see series 2 at least.

I agree.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What did you expect to happen to him?
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably forgotten, not every bad guy gets punished. BTW one thing that surprised me is how real the punches look on the show. When the bad guy (forgot his name) hit the old man or in the previous ep Hercules (I think) hit that woman. It made me cringe :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you expect to happen to him?

I half expected him to jump into the pit after Jason won his freedom (due to orders of the Queen) and then try to kill Jason.

I would have thought it would have ended with him getting his comeuppance somehow, via getting arrested or gored by the bull.

I thought something would come out of it.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Pythagoras said he had a "plan" to stop the evil queen killing Jason because Ariadne fancied him, my dad's suggestion:

"They could make out with each other in front of her. That would do it."

If the slash is affecting my father, BBC are laying it on FAR too strongly :(