M16 Spy In A Bag - Conclusion

occyoccy Posts: 65,013
Forum Member
✭✭
The police have spent millions trying to find if the M16 agent was secretly locked in a bag or did it himself. The chilling evidence say's he actually did it himself.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/spy-in-bag-mi6-man-probably-locked-himself-in-81252

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Detectives believe the codebreaker, who was on secondment to MI6, locked himself into a sports bag in his bath and managed to padlock it from the outside without leaving any DNA traces.
    it effectively overturns the finding of a coroner who said last year that Mr Williams was probably killed unlawfully.

i`m unconvinced.

The inquest had heard that two experts had tried 400 times to lock themselves in a similar bag but had failed.
    read that as expats and thought wtf.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    It's a shame they killed off Judi Dench's character, because "Spy In A Bag" could have been the plot and title of the next James Bond film.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    If he was from any other profession, most people would shrug and say "Silly sod, what a waste of a life"

"The inquest had heard that two experts had tried 400 times to lock themselves in a similar bag but had failed"

Very interesting, I didn't know that.

I guess it will get filed with Dr David Kelly.:(
  • Miss GeorgieMiss Georgie Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I dont buy that at all

Ive seen enough spy films to know whats really happened

I bet six got the culprits ages ago and theyre imprisoned somewhere deservingly horrible

Keep up the good work

Mr Smith
  • U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to LBC atm, they had a security expert on. i'm sure he said that there were no fingerprints on the padlock..?
    Another expert on there also said that it is was' 'nigh on impossible' to padlocked the bag from the inside in the position that it was found
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt the police were ordered on behalf of the intelligence services to close the investigation with a highly unlikely conclusion. This really undermines the credibility of the police. As Sherlock Holmes said, when you have eliminated the impossible...
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere that it had been proved possible to lock oneself into one of those bags, but I believe it a child who had carried out the relevant experiment.

The real crunch in this case is that there were , as said earlier no fingerprints neither was there any trace of Williams' DNA on or near the lock.

A cover up IMHO.
  • MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that it had been proved possible to lock oneself into one of those bags, but I believe it a child who had carried out the relevant experiment.
    No, I've heard of a man doing it, and a female reporter was filmed doing so here:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/video/2012/may/09/reporter-locks-holdall-gareth-williams-mi6
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    ... trying to find if the M16 agent

They'd have had far better luck trying to track down the MI6 agent rather than the M-sixteen agent in your post :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »

The real crunch in this case is that there were , as said earlier no fingerprints neither was there any trace of Williams' DNA on or near the lock.

A cover up IMHO.

I actually think this case is a tragic accident.

I think people sometimes get carried away with complexity of a conspiracy. When in actuality, if the security services were trying to "off" someone, they would just disappear or die of a sudden heart attack etc. No news coverage, no scandal, no-one looking into it. Job done.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tokenator wrote: »

I think people sometimes get carried away with complexity of a conspiracy. When in actuality, if the security services were trying to "off" someone, they would just disappear or die of a sudden heart attack etc. No news coverage, no scandal, no-one looking into it. Job done.
    This is kinda how I see it. I don't believe there's any security service in the world that would silence someone using such an elaborate method. The idea is to do it as discreetly as possible à la Georgi Markov, not do it in such a bizzare manner as to have the secret services poring over every tiny detail for three years. I can't explain the no DNA and all the rest of it, but then again, neither can anyone else.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that this mans family will never get the real answer of how he died acknowledged, But it is the risk of being a part of the secret services.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M16 Spy In A Bag

is that this years big christmas toy?
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is bizarre if no-one else was involved.

Imagine:
    "Hmm, I have a spare half hour before dinner, I'll just lock myself in this holdall and have a wank."
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M16 Spy In A Bag

is that this years big christmas toy?
    Makes a change from soap on a rope!
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tokenator wrote: »

Same thing could had been said about Dr Kelly, he told warmongering Blair that there were no womd, then a few days later it was found that he had topped himself.
  • ishinaishina Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    It's a shame they killed off Judi Dench's character, because "Spy In A Bag" could have been the plot and title of the next James Bond film.
    A View To The Inside Of A Bag
    20kg Is Not Enough
    Today Spy Dies
    Not Much Daylight

I'll get my coat...
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cue my Poirot quizzical raised eyebrow.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally there were suggestions of various erotic practises. if i remember correctly. but thats usually tory mps and anyway,wouldnt his fly have been open ?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he was testing out some obscure way of 'hiding'. Personal 'research' and all that?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's curious how many ex-security services people seem to be found to be a bit weird, odd, unhinged, sexually erm... adventurous or otherwise strange isn't it? probably a coincidence though.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same thing could had been said about Dr Kelly, he told warmongering Blair that there were no womd, then a few days later it was found that he had topped himself.

Which he did.

The fact these type of stories have so many obvious loose ends, or things that don't fit make a mockery of the thoughts that the sinister security services knock people off.

Why would they not use simpler means, which they certainly could?

A lack of fingerprints is nothing unusual for those examining crime scenes.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says in the article,

"he was without doubt a very private person with few friends"

and

"he had a keen interest in escapology".

And there's some mystery about his death?:confused:
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Honestly, do the Police think the General public are just plain daft! There were no Fingerprints on the bath edge, in the bath, on the zip of the bag or lock, the heating was tuned up high in the Apartment although it was AUGUST. Yet the Police tell us he was alone when he died? In how many Office could you be absent from work for a WHOLE WEEK before anyone bothered to check on you? I know my Boss would have been on the phone asking where the heck I was if I had not turned up for just one morning!!!! The whole Thing is quite ridiculous and I cannot believe that the Police Think this conclusion will be accepted by the public!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    What was that thing about the door being removed?
    And agree the fact that there was no fingerprints on the bath suggests a clean up operation took place for whatever reason. Why bother if this was an accident or suicide.