Options

Unforgettable

Comments

• Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Did the departed cast leave for other shows because of the messed round cancellation ? Or like Body of Proof they have tried to rework the show to boost ratings.
    Either way I can see like BOP this season ending with a final cancellation.
    Yeah, I wonder if they were released from their contracts due to the cancellation and were free to move on to other stuff as you stated?
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    Yeah, I wonder if they were released from their contracts due to the cancellation and were free to move on to other stuff as you stated?

They would probably have let most of the cast look for roles elsewhere as it was originally cancelled, but may well have kept Poppy Montgomery as the "lead" on retainer to keep her with the show whilst they tried to interest other channels before in the end keeping it themselves.

Looking at other shows like CSI:NY, Hill Harper took another role whilst its renewal was up in the air, although everyone thought it would be cancelled. However they would have want to keep Gary Sinise available.
  • Options
    HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember right, it was announced pretty quickly after it got un-cancelled that only Burns & Wells would be back characterwise. I think it was mostly the BOP reworking idea and an attempt to keep costs down by bringing in an almost all new cast.

Can't really tell from 1 episode but I have a feeling a lot of the back story could get forgotten this season in favour of bigger, single plots.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I remember right, it was announced pretty quickly after it got un-cancelled that only Burns & Wells would be back characterwise. I think it was mostly the BOP reworking idea and an attempt to keep costs down by bringing in an almost all new cast.

Can't really tell from 1 episode but I have a feeling a lot of the back story could get forgotten this season in favour of bigger, single plots.

Removing the story arc of the search for her sister's killer may make the show more attractive to people just dropping in occasionally for a crime of the week show.
  • Options
    HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, but it's not just her sister's killer. There's the faceless 'adversary' from the final ep. Now, whether the two are linked is another matter.

Considering where Season 1 ended I'd have liked it to continue, or at least get a conclusion. Besides, US dramas don't usually seem to favour the casual viewer. There's usually something that has been ongoing for a season or two.

Anyway, let's see what episode 2 brings.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disappointed when this was originally cancelled, but whatever it had, it no longer has it.

Elite team, superspy villainess, ex boyfriend cop still around, by the numbers plots, Poppy now street fighter, just not working for me.:(

Hope it picks up.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any news when we are gonna get to see Season 2 in the UK?
    Season 3 starts shortly in The States, so surely it can't be long?
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    The 2nd half of Season 2 began airing last night (US Pace)
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    The 2nd half of Season 2 began airing last night (US Pace)

its weird because I have already seen the latter half of season 2 up to ep 13 I think, very confused with their airing of this programme
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    its weird because I have already seen the latter half of season 2 up to ep 13 I think, very confused with their airing of this programme

I've already seen Season 2 in it's entirety as well, think it was probably shown on CTV which is a Canadian network.

http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/CTV/Press/CTVs-Summer-to-Remember-UNFORGETTABLE-Returns-for-Season-2-July-28-
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    xander63 wrote: »
    I've already seen Season 2 in it's entirety as well, think it was probably shown on CTV which is a Canadian network.

http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/CTV/Press/CTVs-Summer-to-Remember-UNFORGETTABLE-Returns-for-Season-2-July-28-

Well least I didn't imagine it:D
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Anyone have any news when we are gonna get to see Season 2 in the UK?
    Season 3 starts shortly in The States, so surely it can't be long?

According to Geek Town there's no exact start date, only 'Summer 2014'.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Season 1 re-runs begin at midnight tonight (Sat/Sun) on SkyLiving (ie just over an hour from the time of this post) and Season 2 begins on Tuesday June 3 at 9pm. (Confirmed by on-screen promo and Digiguide.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hopefully they will show S2 straight through as the break in the US was caused by Poppy's pregnancy and then a hold back until late spring. They have also shown all of S2 in some parts of Europe, Netherlands I believe.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 2 starts on Sky Living on June 2nd with a 3rd season to come which has been filmed.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Season 2 starts on Sky Living on June 2nd with a 3rd season to come which has been filmed.

Brilliant news. Thanks for the info MrSuper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Didn't know about S3. Thanks.
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

It isn't showing up on the Planner for June 2nd on Living.

CSI is down for the 10 p.m. slot, despite the fact Living are trailing it and Geektown saying Unforgettable is in that slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuesday June 3rd @ 9 pm.

That is on the Planner.

We better keep an eye out because wires are crossed somewhere but at least Carrier will be back next week, whatever day it is :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No crossed wires :) I confirmed June 3 in post #139.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote: »
    Tuesday June 3rd @ 9 pm.

That is on the Planner.

We better keep an eye out because wires are crossed somewhere but at least Carrier will be back next week, whatever day it is :)
    No crossed wires :) I confirmed June 3 in post #139.

I'm confused now as my planner says Unforgettable S2 starts Monday 10pm 2nd June after Criminal Minds.

You can also now download episode 1 from on demand

Tuesdays at 9pm is now The Blacklist from the beginning.

Makes sense the switch as C5 have new CSI Vegas starting Tuesday at 9pm and it will be very similar demographic to Unforgettable so Sky have ducked the clash.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio Times and Sky also say Monday 2 June at 10pm (change dropdown from Today to Monday):

http://www.sky.com/tv/channel/skyliving/listings#programme-0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yip...all very confusing, Callum.

I have set the Planner for the 3rd but I shall check what is on Living at 10 p.m. on the 2nd.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Times and Sky also say Monday 2 June at 10pm (change dropdown from Today to Monday):

http://www.sky.com/tv/channel/skyliving/listings#programme-0

I wonder if Virgin have it wrong.

The Sky Planner and the Virgin Planner are showing different days.

I am with Virgin but you would think Sky is more likely to be correct as it is one of their own channels
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 1 of season 2 is currently available on Sky 'On Demand'