Options

Two and a half men.

guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi. Just started to watch this tv programme for the first time. I know it is a bit late. I seen series 1 and 2. Going to buy series 3 later online. What are your views on the programme. Jake is a good young actor and alan is funny. But charile is so funny main actoer in the show. i know later on in real life he would have a meltdown but good show. Does the show get better with time.?many thanks..

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never liked it personally but then i hear it gets worse once major characters leave.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shitting blood is funnier than 2.5 Men. Watch something better you will regret carrying on watching that crap.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    It is easy filler for an hour here and there if there is nothing on, It will get laughs out of you if it is your sort of humour. But it is in no way clever or ground breaking

I often watch the dvd's late at night when i am winding down. About a 7/10 for me.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be groundbreaking but it's an above-average comedy. It keeps up a good standard for maybe the first six seasons.

There are better sitcoms such as Seinfeld and Frasier but maybe you've seen those.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This seemed to be the most recent relevant thread :)

Season 11 resumes next Wednesday at 9pm with, rather randomly, Episode 20 (of 22).

Season 12 starts in the US on the 30th so I suspect we'll probably have to wait until midway through next year for Comedy Central to start showing it.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This seemed to be the most recent relevant thread :)

Season 11 resumes next Wednesday at 9pm with, rather randomly, Episode 20 (of 22).

Season 12 starts in the US on the 30th so I suspect we'll probably have to wait until midway through next year for Comedy Central to start showing it.

Bizarre, totally bizarre.

Firstly it was bizarre that Comedy Central, who normally air the episodes fairly soon after the US, stopped showing season 11 with 3 episodes remaining. But when they did I presumed they were going to tag them on to the start of season 12, but seeing as that doesn’t start until 30th in the US and we pick up the outstanding episodes next week I don’t think Comedy Central are going to do that as they’d be less than a week behind the US, which will mean constant interruptions. But maybe that’s their plan?

And Comedy Central are moving it to Wednesdays? Its been on Mondays for the last decade, why the change now?

Like I said, quite bizarre behaviour!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Like I said, quite bizarre behaviour!

It certainly is. I'm half tempted to just go "US Pace" with it to be honest, since it's the final season and I don't really want to mess around waiting forever for Comedy Central to show it.
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It Might actually be a decent idea

They start showing the final 3 epsiodes from the 15th through to the 22nd and final episode on the 29th October so we are back on pace

The US wont have many breaks yet, it will run constantly through November during sweeps, I havn't seen the schedule but guessing there will be a break at some point in December.

Comedy Central can easily just run 6 days behind The US pace until Mid December, its mainly in the New Year when the off and on scheduling in the US really kicks in, Comedy Central can then start showing it again, late February early March and run it all the through.

We should easily be able to get 8-10 episodes (Including the 3 left from last season) in a row before a break is needed
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    It Might actually be a decent idea

They start showing the final 3 epsiodes from the 15th through to the 22nd and final episode on the 29th October so we are back on pace

The US wont have many breaks yet, it will run constantly through November during sweeps, I havn't seen the schedule but guessing there will be a break at some point in December.

Comedy Central can easily just run 6 days behind The US pace until Mid December, its mainly in the New Year when the off and on scheduling in the US really kicks in, Comedy Central can then start showing it again, late February early March and run it all the through.

We should easily be able to get 8-10 episodes (Including the 3 left from last season) in a row before a break is needed

Having now seen the advert for the new episodes on Comedy Central I think you’re actually right. They are saying ‘the new season begins on Wednesday 15th October’, and I don’t think they’d be saying that if it was just returning for the final 3 episodes. So I’m now guessing they will continue with the ‘actual’ new season after the 3 remaining episodes from last season, and run 6 days behind the US, particularly if there are no planned breaks in the US until mid-December.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    It is easy filler for an hour here and there if there is nothing on, It will get laughs out of you if it is your sort of humour. But it is in no way clever or ground breaking

I often watch the dvd's late at night when i am winding down. About a 7/10 for me.

This is a pretty fair assesment of Two and a Half Men