Seinfeld

2»

Comments

• djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Friends was certainly extremely popular, sensationally so; but quality-wise it just doesn't even come close. The only thing that gives Seinfeld a run for its money is Frasier.

When I first created the Friends or Seinfeld poll, I would have said Friends was better. But having seen Seinfeld in full now, I think it may possibly be slightly better than Friends. Never liked Frasier myself

The backwards episode in India was absolutely brilliant and I've never seen anything similar done in a sitcom since

The Van Buren Boys is another stand out episode, with the younger version of George and Kramer selling his stories to Peterman
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, there's no doubt that George was the best character and one of the greatest sitcom characters ever.

Frasier was superb but not quite up to Seinfeld's level.

Friends? While I enjoyed the earlier seasons, for me it's not really a contender.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Geroge is one of the finest sit-com characters of all time.

Movie George. Coffee Shop George. Liar George. Bawdy George.

Independent George!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In case anyone wants to watch and doesn't have the DVDs, I've noticed Season 5 is available in full on Sky on Demand. :)
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigPat wrote: »
    After seeing this on the news recently (a minor league baseball team's tribute to Seinfeld) I've dusted off my old season DVDs and am working through the entire lot. I loved it then and I love it now. I think it would be my favourite of all sitcoms, really, when you think about all the little things it added. Man hands, low talkers, spare a square, the second spitter, "Newman!", muffin tops...

I recently saw rge entire run on sky atlantic for the first time. Very good show and i think curb your enthusiasm is even better!!

However the final show and its ending was a bit rubbish imho. I get the irony of it but i think one of the most ixonic shows of all time deserved better ending than that
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »

However the final show and its ending was a bit rubbish imho.

As The Bloodhound Gang sang:

'Big letdown, unparalled
    Like the last episode of Seinfeld'
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the final episode was good. Not the best episode ever but worked well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    “I've yada yada'd sex.”

Elaine was always my favourite character with George a close second. Best episode has to be The Contest. There are so many other memorable episodes and scenes.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least the Seinfeld ending wasn't as terrible and cliched as the Friends or HIMYM endings

For me Friends lost all credibiliaty with the Joey and Rachel storyline
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A treat for my fellow Seinfeld (and Vampire Weekend) fans:

The Junior Mint Game!
  • GortGort Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    Seinfeld was the antithesis of Friends, thankfully. No comparison.

Currently going through season nine. Been watching them all from the beginning for a while now. Found it odd watching the pilot episode with no Elaine and a character called Kessler, who looked like someone recognisable. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gort wrote: »
    Seinfeld was the antithesis of Friends, thankfully. No comparison.

Currently going through season nine. Been watching them all from the beginning for a while now. Found it odd watching the pilot episode with no Elaine and a character called Kessler, who looked like someone recognisable. ;)

I've been watching them from the first episode too - although am currently part way through season five - and another thing which I've come to appreciate (bar the one which you already mentioned :p) is the lack of noticeable continuity errors which Friends seems to have in abundance.

What was the in-universe explanation for him being called Kessler, BTW?

Edit: Never mind. I remember. :D