Options

When Will The Saturdays Get A No 1??

SocialaddictSocialaddict Posts: 850
Forum Member
✭✭
They've been around for awhile now, and getting top 5/10 hits but someone always seems to be stopping them from getting the top spot.

They are no 2 in the midweeks right now, and Rita Ora is still no 1, meaning it looks unlikely their gonna get the top spot :confused:

I'm not massive fans of them, but i do like their music. And 30 Days is really good song. :)

Comments

• Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    No idea, but I don't see 30 Days getting to number 1 as it has slipped down the itunes chart to 9 now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully never or on a very sloow week :)
  • Options
    musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably when people stop obsessing about it. They are however the only girl group with multiple top 10's never to have had at least 1 #1 so i can see why it's interesting but pressure on each single for me makes it less enjoyable and why ppl might not buy, it translates into desperation.
    With every song now it's not just see it hear it potentially buy it, it feels instead like 'is this going to be the one that goes #1'.
    I'm not a fan but even though i thought it was quite funny they haven't had one and threads like this pop up. Now i just think get on with it now and hit top spot because it feels like people can't enjoy their music until they can stop wondering why/if they are getting a singles #1.
    If it's good enough then it'll find it's way to the top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    they definitely deserve a number 1, and they do have an outside chance this week but like you say they will probably just miss it. I think its often the fault of their management, choosing the wrong lead singles and screwing up the release schedules and promotion.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Probably when people stop obsessing about it. They are however the only girl group with multiple top 10's never to have had at least 1 #1 so i can see why it's interesting but pressure on each single for me makes it less enjoyable and why ppl might not buy, it translates into desperation.

They haven't much competition from other groups though, they launched 2008, just as GA were coming to the end of the Out Of Control era. There was a few new girlbands who came along and did not get albums out - Mini Viva, Girls Can't Catch, Wonderland.

But they do have a habit of not releasing the right singles imo or moving on to the next album too quickly (Wordshaker to Headlines etc).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They haven't much competition from other groups though, they launched 2008, just as GA were coming to the end of the Out Of Control era. There was a few new girlbands who came along and did not get albums out - Mini Viva, Girls Can't Catch, Wonderland.

But they do have a habit of not releasing the right singles imo or moving on to the next album too quickly (Wordshaker to Headlines etc).

Disagree with that. It was done for a reason and succeeded.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love 30 days!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when they release my song Outta Control lol ;)
  • Options
    SocialaddictSocialaddict Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, they don't seem to have much competition among girlgroups although that's gonna change with Little Mix debuting this year. :D
  • Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are however the only girl group with multiple top 10's never to have had at least 1 #1

Bananarama never had a #1 (not counting Band Aid II)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've been around for awhile now, and getting top 5/10 hits but someone always seems to be stopping them from getting the top spot.

They are no 2 in the midweeks right now, and Rita Ora is still no 1, meaning it looks unlikely their gonna get the top spot :confused:

I'm not massive fans of them, but i do like their music. And 30 Days is really good song. :)

it is now number 5 in the midweeks so hopefully they can at least stay in the top 5.

i blame their management as they always seem to release on a day another big song is out or they release the songs without much promotion, although they have been on chris moyles show, this morning, chatty man. i also think they need more airplay.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to stop getting other artists tweeting about their song begging you to buy it. I've seen tweets from One Direction, Alexandra Burke, Pixie Lott and others about their new song. It's just desperate.
  • Options
    Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should've released Turn Myself In rather than 30 Days. Such a lovely song.

Hope they get a no.1 one day. :)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully not
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only two songs of theirs that deserved a number 1 spot, were Up and Work.

Higher was damn good as well though!
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I dont think that 30 Days will be the #1 on Sunday as in the Official Chart Friday Update it dropped down to #5.

I have to say though imo a few of their past songs (Higher, AFU) should have been #1's :)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bananarama never had a #1 (not counting Band Aid II)

And they were actually good:D

The Saturdays' chances of a number 1? About as likely as Andy Murray winning a tennis Grand Slam title
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they're not exactly Girls Aloud and they're certainly not Spice Girls!
  • Options
    LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they stop releasing terrible music.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am amazed they had another go when their last album didn't do very well sales wise
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    They're average - the cake falls flat despite the ingredients all being present. No memorable singles and low selling albums. A stopgap girl group to keep a few gays happy
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the **** cares?
  • Options
    Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they're not exactly Girls Aloud and they're certainly not Spice Girls!

Each to their own. While they're not as impressive as TLC and a few other iconic girl bands, I think they're miles better than Girls Aloud.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The only two songs of theirs that deserved a number 1 spot, were Up and Work.

Higher was damn good as well though!

I think either Up or Work should have been their debut single. Work flopped because it was released too late and as it was released the week after MJ died the charts were full of his songs. All Fired Up should have been No 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I can't ever see them getting a number 1.
    They generally chart well but the sales aren't fantastic.
    I buy their singles if I like them but otherwise I don't, the desperation to get a number 1 is very off-putting tbh. And their promo etc seems quite cynical, like Una choosing this week to talk about what happened with her fiance being pictured on his stag night etc and Mollie dragging out the Prince Harry thing by not commenting on it for ages. I understand why it makes sense to drum up publicity this way but it does not appeal to me. I like the Saturdays less since they came out. I don't get the impression that it is all about the music for them but about being celebrities etc and no, there is nothing wrong with that just does not appeal to me.