why was there no care put into making that live show?

13»

Comments

• nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That show was god awful, tons of celebrities who had nothing to do with Doctor Who wittering on about utter crap.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bernard Cribbins clearly didnt want to be there.
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show was exactly as I imagined it would be, some celeb fans in the studio, talking heads on video and some clips, with an over enthusiastic presenter. It was the BBC using a prime time slot about one of it's flagship shows, but keeping it all very safe. I rather enjoyed the excitement of it all.
  • PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Zoe Ball was clearly the right choice, very passionate and knowledgeable about the show.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rather liked it, although it was very "Saturday night, shinyfloor" which isn't normally my thing.

A real, real pleasure to see Janet Fielding, Bonnie Langford, Anneke Wills and Katy Manning, all of whom full of love and enthusiasm. (As was Carole Ann Ford on Today, this morning).

Rufus Hound made me laugh. Liza Tarbuck can do no wrong. Peter Davison was less sneery than usual. Bernard Cribbins was as glorious as per. Dunno who the young fella was though. Matt Smith was more jack-the-lad than when I've seen him speaking in the past.

Zoe Ball! I'd forgotten about her!

Peter Capaldi! Hooray! He'll be fine. All they need, now, is to come up with some stories that I give a toss about ... :o
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Peter Capaldi! Hooray! He'll be fine. All they need, now, is to come up with some stories that I give a toss about ... :o

As in without waving a sonic screwdriver or a bit of psychic paper around.
  • gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show was fine - what more could they have done with the format they chose?

I suppose the only thing I would say is making it live and having fans didn't really add anything of interest - having a programme like last time purely of recorded interviews worked just as well if not better. It may have made it an easier sell to the rest of the world though which obviously adds to the interest in the show which can't be a bad thing.