Options

People complaining sharon picked similar acts

wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A lot of people are complaining sharon picked 3 diva belter type singers and saying she should have had more variety but people are complaining about Louis's choices when he did pick a variety. He picked a typical pretty boy popstar(sam) who the young girls will love, a young boy who sings nice ballads (Nick) who mums/grannies will love and an indie/acoustic type singer (Luke). Paul and Nick both would appeal to the same type of voters so it wouldn't make sense to put both through so it was right that only nick got through as he will appeal to younger girls too who think he is adorable whereas Paul will only have an older fanbase but Nick has both.

Comments

• Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis has put through someone who he hopes will get votes not because of talent but because of looks and someone with minging hair... disgusting
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »
    Louis has put through someone who he hopes will get votes not because of talent but because of looks and someone with minging hair... disgusting

But this is the xfactor not the voice, the xfactor is about finding the whole package, which not only includes talent but includes looks, personality, stage presence, etc which sam has and Luke is probably more marketable as there is really a big market for guitar acts atm and he seems more quirky and interesting. Paul is not that special, he has put in decent performances but there are other singers out there just like him and just as good as him eg. Joseph from the voice last year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q35z4jKXICU
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't agree with Sharon's reasoning for not picking Andrea/Zoe - cause of their "niche" aspect - her choices seemed very outdated and in line with series 1-3 but XF has picked up a lot of "niche" acts since then and I don't think Sharon has updated herself since Series 1.

I agree Louis picked a variety of acts and that's how he paired them up when giving the decisions (ryan, luke and giles together). Luke's music is the style of music id buy in the real world which is why im supporting him. I don't really care for the other two and think Paul should've gotten through over Nicholas but can see why he picked a variety of acts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    But this is the xfactor not the voice, the xfactor is about finding the whole package, which not only includes talent but includes looks, personality, stage presence, etc which sam has and Luke is probably more marketable as there is really a big market for guitar acts atm and he seems more quirky and interesting. Paul is not that special, he has put in decent performances but there are other singers out there just like him and just as good as him eg. Joseph from the voice last year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q35z4jKXICU

Joseph from the Voice had a good voice but Paul's was extraordinary. His voice had a deep, raspy quality to it similar to Otis Reading. I genuinely feel he has been robbed.