Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah anything regarding Watership down, and Animal Farm for me :-(

Oh and Bambi!
  • Options
    ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jurassic Bark- The futurama episode is evil :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Or of the course the Toy Story song about children out- growing their childhood toys.

(I am welling up as I type this - WTF!!!)
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Futurama episode with Fry's dog who pined for him from the moment he disappeared to the moment the dog passed on...a montage of the dog aging with a very sad song playing....:cry:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8n7dShpkph0

Does anyone know who the vocalist is I think its Linda Ronstadt

Mrs T x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what came to mind when I saw the title. I cried so much:cry:

I've got it on DVD but I really don't think I could watch it again, it was desperately sad. It stuck in my mind for about a week after I watched it, the poor children :cry:

When I was little I cried when Dogtanian was hurt :o
  • Options
    ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    The vocalist was Connie Francis....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Super Frog wrote: »
    Futurama, when Fry decides not to clone his dog because he thinks it probably would have forgotten him after all that time, and then at the end you see that the dog had waited outside Fry's work place till the day he died - in the snow, rain, hail and storm. Oh man :(

Omg that made my whole family cry!! It was so sad, that poor little dog:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Bambi's mum is killed. :cry:

And Mufasa's death in Lion King. Everytime i watch it, i have tears in my eyes. :cry::cry:
  • Options
    BingethinkBingethink Posts: 4,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ, kids, get a grip! Pokemon made you cry?? Transformers made you cry?? Thundercats made you cry??

(Jesse the cowgirl's song in Toy Story 2 gets me going...)
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree re Dumbo! Also, back on the Simpsons, the episode that touched me was when Grampa met that lady in the old folk's home. She died and left him all her money and he didn't know what to do with it, then finally he spent it on refurbishing the home and particularly the dining room. It's the bit at the very end that gets me, when he says "Come on in, folks, the dignity's on me." :cry:

Also Tom & Jerry "The Night Before Christmas" when Jerry gets thrown out into the snow, and the ending with the musical mousetrap.

*reaches for box of super-absorbent 3-ply tissues* :cry::cry:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Or of the course the Toy Story song about children out- growing their childhood toys.

(I am welling up as I type this - WTF!!!)

"Because she loved me..." :cry: That is so sad.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TMLS wrote: »
    Powerpuff what?????????

Willy Fogg getting back and thinking he hadn't made it got me.

wow i was just thinking the same thing,i watched the whole series and when he said he didn't make it i wasn't happy but a great ending to a cartoon
  • Options
    dizzy_starshinedizzy_starshine Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    The end of 'When the Wind Blows'.

Two old people preparing for a nuclear bomb using a government guideline pamphlet.

The ending was not what I was expecting at all.

I've just found it on youtube, it's in several parts.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdguWMF1abU

We watched this in history class at school and everyone cried at the end,even the boys. It's so heartbreaking and scared the hell out of me that this would happen in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched that in History too - what was the ending? I cant remember.
  • Options
    darrenhoskerdarrenhosker Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    What about "A Land before time" when the dinosaurs mum dies and they play really sad music, then he keeps seeing her reflection in the lake smiling back at him. Then he sees his mum appear in a cloud telling him to be good and she was proud of him. Accompanied by the Diana Ross song "When you tell me that you love me".

Always remember my mums waterworks for that one.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vocalist was Connie Francis....

ta

mrs t x
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Futurama, when Fry decides not to clone his dog because he thinks it probably would have forgotten him after all that time, and then at the end you see that the dog had waited outside Fry's work place till the day he died - in the snow, rain, hail and storm. Oh man :(

Yeah that totally got me too. I cried and cried and can't watch the episode again.
    ChloChlo7 wrote: »

There are a lot of bits in the Simpsons that have touched me like in the episode where Homer is telling the story of Bart, Lisa and Maggie's first words and at the end of the episode Homer is talking to Maggie in her cot before she goes to bed and he says something like 'I wonder what your first word would be Maggie'. Then after he's left the room, Maggie takes her dummy out of her mouth and whispers 'Daddy'.

I think Homer said something like "I hope you never talk at all". Yeah that was a touching moment.

The other simpsons moment that gets to me is when Marge comes into the powerplant when Homer thinks shes left him and he carries her off to his car saying "I'm going to the backseat of my car, with the woman I love, and I won't be back for... TEN MINUTES!!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The actual quote is "You know Maggie, the sooner kids talk, the sooner they talk back.
    I hope you never say a word"

:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's been mentioned tons already but the Futurama episode with Fry's dog, wow!

When I watched it with the kids, we weren't expecting the ending! My 8 year old girl looked at me in horror and started bawling, then my 10 year old boy said his leg was really sore (it wasn't) and started howling as well!! I hugged them both and tried to comfort them but I was so choked up I couldn't speak! :cry:

Months later I was chatting with a couple of mates about sad telly and films and tried to tell them about the episode but couldn't get to the end without crying!:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    In Futurama, im always emotional when Fry visits his brothers grave, in a bid to sabotage it cause he thought that he had stolen his life when he was frozen. But then he finds that his brother actually named his son after Fry, and its really moving. And then they play "Dont You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds. :(

Ditto on both of these, have just been rewatching Futurama and they both still get me, especially the one with Fry's brother. The episode where Leela finds out the truth about her parents is sad too (they are not aliens or dead, they just gave her up so that she could live a normal life) especially the montage at the end with them watching and helping her throughout her childhood without her realising.

Someone mentioned The Animals of Farthing Wood upthread which has just brought back a load of sad memories!
    - The hedgehogs dying on the road.
    - The badger dying (and the bit before that where he trys to return to the warden's house but is turned away)
    - Bold dying (and the whole thing with Whisper just before)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night's Simpsons episode on C4 was "Lisa's Wedding" with the fortune teller lady..and at the end Homer and Lisa walk off into the distance holding hands, while Homer excitedly tells Lisa about how he had eaten 7 pounds of fudge, and ridden the teacups and then felt sick... and it's just the sweetest image.. and it makes me go a little teary!

Yes I'm a sad sack:p

Ali xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Snowman :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of them in The Simpsons. Too many to mention one by one.

Futurama
    Jurassic Bark, the episode where Fry finds the remains of his old dog and is going to get him cloned but changes his mind at the last second. The closing scenes of that episode are beautifully moving & sad.

Fairly Odd Parents
    Channel Chasers (TV Movie), the closing scenes when you find that one Timmy will one day lose his fairies and forget everything. Then see Timmy as an adult looking at a picture of himself as a child (with 2 goldfish) before leaving his kids with a robot babysitter. That was very moving and should have been saved and used as the last scene in the very last ever episode.

The Snowman
    The last minute of it. Beautiful
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alilinzee wrote: »
    Last night's Simpsons episode on C4 was "Lisa's Wedding" with the fortune teller lady..and at the end Homer and Lisa walk off into the distance holding hands, while Homer excitedly tells Lisa about how he had eaten 7 pounds of fudge, and ridden the teacups and then felt sick... and it's just the sweetest image.. and it makes me go a little teary!

Yes I'm a sad sack:p

Ali xxx

It's amazing how many touching scenes there are in the Simpsons. I've just thought of another - when Bleeding Gums Murphy died, then appeared to Lisa as a cloud and they played one last duet. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh in the new Futurama movie (Bender's Big Score) there's a really cool back reference to Fry's dog.