Options

A new found respect for Shia LaBeouf

Enlighten_mentEnlighten_ment Posts: 170
Forum Member
The dude is pulling of a ridiculous stunt where as we speak he's sitting in a cinema watching all of his own films back to back in a 3 day marathon :D

But aside from his recent bursts of craziness, I always thought he had some talent in him. 90% of his filmography is turgid (no doubt hindered by the fact that for years he was restricted in brain dead Michael Bay blockbusters). But I thought he was by a mile the best thing about that Brad Pitt movie Fury. And I felt like he trolled everyone with Nymphomanic :D

Comments

• Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you heard the song about him being a cannibal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was dreadful in Fury. Well, he and Jon Bernthal were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you heard the song about him being a cannibal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Never seen this before. Though now I finally know where that Shia LaBeouf Citizen Kane clapping meme came from :D
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hard to tell , he could just be going thru a crazy period and come out good on the other side like Dennis Hopper or Robert Downey jnr.

or . . . he could just fall apart completely .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hard to tell , he could just be going thru a crazy period and come out good on the other side like Dennis Hopper or Robert Downey jnr.

or . . . he could just fall apart completely .

Well it's hard to tell if everything that he's done in the last few years outside of his films is genuine or just part of one giant elaborate prank. What he's doing right now is being billed as a performance art installation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's hard to tell if everything that he's done in the last few years outside of his films is genuine or just part of one giant elaborate prank. What he's doing right now is being billed as a performance art installation.

he's been in jail a couple of times as well tho hasn't he ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he's been in jail a couple of times as well tho hasn't he ?

Yeah OK then I guess he is troubled. But other times I do think he's incredibly self aware. Maybe he's now channelling his inner demons into something that'll at least amuse people besides his questionable films. I noticed how distraught he looked watching some of his Transformers films. At one point he disappeared for over an hour when Transformers 3 was playing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah OK then I guess he is troubled. But other times I do think he's incredibly self aware. Maybe he's now channelling his inner demons into something that'll at least amuse people besides his questionable films. I noticed how distraught he looked watching some of his Transformers films. At one point he disappeared for over an hour when Transformers 3 was playing :D

Hang on ! that's cheating , plenty of people suffered thru it , why shouldn't he ??!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hang on ! that's cheating , plenty of people suffered thru it , why shouldn't he ??!

Me included, I saw Dark of the Moon in the cinema in the hope that it would be vastly different to the previous 2. How wrong I was. I refuse to see the latest one or any Transformers movie that has Michael Bay's name on it :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so is he watching his Transformers films as part of his punishment ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so is he watching his Transformers films as part of his punishment ?

He's watching ALL of his movies. EVERY SINGLE ONE, back to back. He's been at the cinema for 3 days with other members of the public. And it's all being shown live stream: http://newhive.com/allmymovies
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

If it's a prank then you have to congratulate him on his dedication.

A bit like that Magician who kept up the character of being an old Chinese man for decades. never breaking character.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet to impress
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seeing him tear up watching Even Stevens was rather touching to be honest. That was one of my favourite shows growing up :(
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    What he's doing right now is being billed as a performance art installation.
    Oh, is that what it is? Shia the serious artiste, eh? Looks like attention-seeking from here.

Mind you, LaBeouf strikes me as being of that tiresome celebrity breed who are forever desperate to prove themselves a little bit 'different' from the rest of the pack, and whose contrived actions generally have the counter-productive effect of making them look not just equally vain but also a lot more pretentious.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another child star who failed in hollywood
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, is that what it is? Shia the serious artiste, eh? Looks like attention-seeking from here.

Mind you, LaBeouf strikes me as being of that tiresome celebrity breed who are forever desperate to prove themselves a little bit 'different' from the rest of the pack, and whose contrived actions generally have the counter-productive effect of making them look not just equally vain but also a lot more pretentious.

Actually this is the best thing he's done in years. And I liked that Sia music video and the bizarre Shia Labeouf song that went viral, a user above posted a link to it.
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Another child star who failed in hollywood
    Except that he didn't fail. As much as I didn't like these films, he still lead 3 financially successful Transformers films. He played prominent roles in Indiana Jones 4, Wall Street 2, Lawless, Fury and Nymphomaniac. Not exactly Lindsay Lohan or Jake Lloyd is he?
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually this is the best thing he's done in years. And I liked that Sia music video and the bizarre Shia Labeouf song that went viral, a user above posted a link to it.

Except that he didn't fail. As much as I didn't like these films, he still lead 3 financially successful Transformers films. He played prominent roles in Indiana Jones 4, Wall Street 2, Lawless, Fury and Nymphomaniac. Not exactly Lindsay Lohan or Jake Lloyd is he?

I don't think he saw it like that which is why he is pulling this nonsense now. He will always be the B movie guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I don't think he saw it like that which is why he is pulling this nonsense now. He will always be the B movie guy.

Fury was only released last year, a Brad Pitt war movie which did pretty decent numbers at the box office. And he has a couple more projects in the pipeline which sound interesting. Not sure what you mean by that B movie comment but not everyone can be like Tom Cruise and make the same old blockbusters year in, year out. In some ways it's a relief that Shia Labeof has ended his extreme blockbuster phase and impressively not fall into obscurity.
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not that I'm agreeing he failed or anything but I really don't think the success of the Transformers films had anything to do with him being in them. The selling point was giant metal robots kicking the crap out of each other not Shia Laboeuf.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Not sure what you mean by that B movie comment but not everyone can be like Tom Cruise and make the same old blockbusters year in, year out. In some ways it's a relief that Shia Labeof has ended his extreme blockbuster phase and impressively not fall into obscurity.
    How very apologist.

Only Tom Cruise can be like Tom Cruise, btw (okay, maybe Tom Hanks). An A-lister for 30 years and still cranking out huge hits. But then he didn't have the internet to fanny about on for much of that, did he. He just got on with making films. Perhaps there's a lesson here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yaristaman wrote: »
    Not that I'm agreeing he failed or anything but I really don't think the success of the Transformers films had anything to do with him being in them. The selling point was giant metal robots kicking the crap out of each other not Shia Laboeuf.

Of course he wasn't the selling point but that doesn't take away the fact that he was picked to lead a major blockbuster franchise, whether people liked him or not. Maybe he was lucky but I doubt he cares since he got to hang around hot chicks like Megan Fox and make millions of dollars. Like I say, I was never a fan of him for many years after Even Stevens but he's now amusing me again with his trolling (or whatever the hell he's trying to do haha).
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    So much negativity here. For a person no one actually knows.

Can't quite understand it! What's he doing or done (OK, ignoring Transformers) that's SO heinous :D
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fury was only released last year, a Brad Pitt war movie which did pretty decent numbers at the box office. And he has a couple more projects in the pipeline which sound interesting. Not sure what you mean by that B movie comment but not everyone can be like Tom Cruise and make the same old blockbusters year in, year out. In some ways it's a relief that Shia Labeof has ended his extreme blockbuster phase and impressively not fall into obscurity.

True but it was only a supporting part, a couple of years ago you would have expected him in the Logan Lerman role.