The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    To be fair, posting Youtube stats was a bit extreme. :o
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

I've defended Alex in other threads, but that is far overboard and very spiteful tbh. Makes you wonder what some people are actually doing here. :sleep:
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Yes I make passing comments about others I never said I didn't. But I don't go running into threads posting youtube views and attacking fans. If you really have an issue with someone, do it in a PM, instead of wrecking the thread with multiple posts about Cheryl, because nobody really cares.

I will do what I want, I gave my opinion back to someone who posted something I disagreed with and that is allowed.

It isn't extreme, it is the only thing I can post at the minute that disputes what was said, the song hasn't been released yet.

And as you can see, I said a few comments up I wanted to leave it now, but then Zach decided to post an irrelevant comment.
    Forum Member
    I've defended Alex in other threads, but that is far overboard and very spiteful tbh. Makes you wonder what some people are actually doing here. :sleep:

I know I've defended Alex too, but I've never gone as far as to post Youtube stats to strengthen an argument or point. :o:o

So I think it's best if we just leave all this Cheryl talk behind us, Dave0893 you are welcome on this thread whenever you want.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am here reading this thread to keep up with Alex, I shouldn't be subjected to comments about other singers and their fans, I only took issue with Cheryl's fans being called 'mindless followers' there is no reason for it.
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I am here reading this thread to keep up with Alex, I shouldn't be subjected to comments about other singers and their fans, I only took issue with Cheryl's fans being called 'mindless followers' there is no reason for it.

I'm sure Iseloid only meant a minority of the Cheryl Stans are like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will do what I want, I gave my opinion back to someone who posted something I disagreed with and that is allowed.

It isn't extreme, it is the only thing I can post at the minute that disputes what was said, the song hasn't been released yet.

And as you can see, I said a few comments up I wanted to leave it now, but then Zack decided to post an irrelevant comment.

Just look at the last page full of you dragging this out because someone made a passing comment. Cheryl and her youtube views are completely irrelevant and it looks very obsessive on your part to push that into the argument even along with the image from youtube. It's clear what you were trying to infer there and it was very very spiteful tbh. You claim that it was 'just a response' but you must have known going to such lengths was not going to provoke a light response. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I've defended Alex too, but I've never gone as far as to post Youtube stats to strengthen an argument or point. :o:o

So I think it's best if we just leave all this Cheryl talk behind us, Dave0893 you are welcome on this thread whenever you want.:)

I just think it is better to back up what is said, there is no point posting something without the evidence and as I already said that is the only information I have to prove people aren't over her.

Anyone I do want to leave this, I just wanted to point out my issue with that one comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Iseloid only meant a minority of the Cheryl Stans are like that.

Well then he shouldn't have said 'legions'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just look at the last page full of you dragging this out because someone made a passing comment. Cheryl and her youtube views are completely irrelevant and it looks very obsessive on your part to push that into the argument even along with the image from youtube. It's clear what you were trying to infer there and it was very very spiteful tbh. You claim that it was 'just a response' but you must have known going to such lengths was not going to provoke a light response. :sleep:

I responded to Isolied, then a couple of people responded to me and I replied to them, only for Cheryl's talent to be brought into by someone else, so I didn't start that either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I responded to Isolied, then a couple of people responded to me and I replied to them, only for Cheryl's talent to be brought into by someone else, so I didn't start that either.

I really don't care any more tbh. I'd rather just move on from this because the damage has already been done.

Nice to see #AlexandraBurkeForBGT trending worldwide tonight....hint hint Syco TV...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't care any more tbh. I'd rather just move on from this because the damage has already been done.

Nice to see #AlexandraBurkeForBGT trending worldwide tonight....hint hint Syco TV...

Well it would have been over on the previous page if you didn't chip in. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it would have been over on the previous page if you didn't chip in. :rolleyes:

Well I responded 1 minute after you, so no. It's not like there was a 30 minute gap. I'd only just opened the thread and this mess was still going on. And even now, this very post of yours is only making things worse, I just asked to move on, even changing the subject and you posted that. :cool:
    Forum Member
    This thread has been full of drama lately lol.

I think Alex should do a VEVO LIFT OFF session. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I responded 1 minute after you, so no. It's not like there was a 30 minute gap. I'd only just opened the thread and this mess was still going on. And even now, this very post of yours is only making things worse, I just asked to move on, even changing the subject and you posted that. :cool:

Actually it was a 3 minutes after my comment about moving on. ;) But yeah lets move on.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I'm actually glad it's finally not me causing or involved in the drama :-D

I like Cheryl, but people that feel the need to defend her in other peoples thread just put me off her, same for lots of othe artists, including Alex

Hope she bags the BGT slot :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same...and ideally the final. Getting a worldwide trend for her to be on the show must have helped to speed things along...:D
    Forum Member
    Dave... If you have anything to say, post it here instead of PMing me, calling me a hypocryte! Nuthead, saying you don't want an argument and stuff but still pming me...

What exactly did i say wrong? Cuz i have no idea what ur on about
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I used legions because it is true. I was referring to mindless because a lot of her fan base is young, as young as 1D's. And in terms of mindless, my young cousin (aged 9) loves her as do all her friends and they all want to be her. She's obsessed with her. Nothing wrong with having legions of followers. I say the same about Rihanna (I'm a fan but some of the navy are mental), anything she does, it becomes OTT and a new picture becomes their avatar on various sites. I hope Alex gets the slot but I don't know :( she should be lined up already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave... If you have anything to say, post it here instead of PMing me, calling me a hypocryte! Nuthead, saying you don't want an argument and stuff but still pming me...

What exactly did i say wrong? Cuz i have no idea what ur on about

Ok I will post it here, as i explained in the pm I didn't want to continue ruining the thread after we agreed to move on but since you want me too, here is what I pm'd you,
    I don't want to post this in the forum as I don't want to continue the argument in their but I thought what you posted their was a little hypocritical if I am honest. Here is your post and my reply I was going to post before changing my mind.
    I'm actually glad it's finally not me causing or involved in the drama :-D

I like Cheryl, but people that feel the need to defend her in other peoples thread just put me off her, same for lots of othe artists, including Alex

I don't get why you are acting innocent, a few weeks back you stormed out of here claiming you weren't coming back, and it was about the same issues I have tonight, people commenting negatively about Cheryl in Alex's thread, you also claimed, like me that this puts people off Alex because they are fans of others too and they see them getting badmouthed in here. So basically I don't understand how you can post that.

Edit: So afterall I did take Zach's advice about taking it away from the thread, but you aren't happy with that so I have no choice to post in here again. Sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm suddenly addicted to that 'More' track feat. Rune RK - it's amazing. Wish it was on the album. :cry:
    Forum Member
    Ok I will post it here, as i explained in the pm I didn't want to continue ruining the thread after we agreed to move on but since you want me too, here is what I pm'd you,

Edit: So afterall I did take Zach's advice about taking it away from the thread, but you aren't happy with that so I have no choice to post in here again. Sorry.

I still don't understand a single **** about it...

Neither about the fact why you're going after me all over sudden?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't understand a single **** about it...

Neither about the fact why you're going after me all over sudden?

You said,

Yet you were doing that a few weeks ago, so you are a hypocrite for posting that.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I do wonder about the style of music. I hope it's not electro entirely. Alex is gonna be slated for it.
    Forum Member
    You said,

Yet you were doing that a few weeks ago, so you are a hypocrite for posting that.

Omg... I was just complaining about the fact that people are getting hated on in this thread, i wasn't 'promoting' cheryl like you was! Just get over it! Learn to ignore it!

Once again, why are you arguing with me? I only said something, yet you attack me for it, can't win from the ofhers?
This discussion has been closed.