Options

How do women feel?

Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
Forum Member
that you've been fooled by linda nolan. you guys spent the last month on here beating on about how jim is sexist, hates women, a misogynist yet all the mothers that that came on the show loved him? then goes on to win the show. :)

even luiza said its mainly women that vote.

you guys must feel a little bit silly now after all the rubbish that was posted here

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Women??
    I am a woman and never once sided with Nolan, we could all see what she was up to, I wanted lovely Jim to win from day 1.

I think your thread title is a little misleading.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel GREAT!!! Was NOT looking forward to watching Jim, thought he would be 1st out and THEN I could enjoy CBB, HOW wrong was I!!! Once Linda Nolan said "I hope Jim Davidson wont be in the house"!! my 1st thought was "ah STFU Linda"!! the TONE was set, I really enjoyed Jim and supported him from pretty much the beginning!!
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another woman here who could not stand Linda and thought Jim a very worthy winner, funny and serious and a bit grumpy quite a normal person really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Another woman here who could not stand Linda and thought Jim a very worthy winner, funny and serious and a bit grumpy quite a normal person really.

completely agree. i knew nothing about him before he went in and after launch night i thought id hate him. just seemed like a decent normal bloke
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I feel GREAT!!! Was NOT looking forward to watching Jim, thought he would be 1st out and THEN I could enjoy CBB, HOW wrong was I!!! Once Linda Nolan said "I hope Jim Davidson wont be in the house"!! my 1st thought was "ah STFU Linda"!! the TONE was set, I really enjoyed Jim and supported him from pretty much the beginning!!

WHY do you talk like THIS?
  • Options
    KabiraKabira Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Jim at the start of the show but at the end I thought he was a good HM and I was pleased that he won.

I am still not a fan of his comedy or politics but I do think he has changed for the better.
    Maybe what he went through made him take stock of things in his life.

It does happen.

I also like how he gracious he has been since winning and even Linda used that word to describe him.

So that is good.

Linda, I did not like how she was in the house (or even out of the house after the show) but I do think she was going for the whole nemesis storyline and unfortunately for her the public was not on her side.
    It was funny to me when I saw a quote of Linda's that had these words..."You have to leave the past in the past " :o:D

and in an article that it was Jim that had the grudge and hadn't forgiven Linda for something that her husband had done.:D

I was very pleased that it is reported that Jim and Linda are going to be working together and I wish them both well.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Seed wrote: »
    that you've been fooled by linda nolan. you guys spent the last month on here beating on about how jim is sexist, hates women, a misogynist yet all the mothers that that came on the show loved him? then goes on to win the show. :)

you guys must feel a little bit silly now after all the rubbish that was posted here

I often find rubbish posted here... tempted... tempted... no let's move on.

You can't just lump all women together. Threads throughout the series show that plenty of women supported a variety of people, and many thought Davidson deserved to win.

But what makes your post veer to the rubbish pile is that, as you say, more women than men vote and that the first time Linda was up she was out the door, while Jim topped the vote as usual.

Just as he topped the forum's own vote polls each week.

Nor were those FMs who disliked Jim all women, and the female posters who did dislike him were not all Linda fans (she had very few).
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    How do I feel, as a woman, about other women supporting a misogynist?

I think it is quite sad and very common.

Linda Nolan had nothing to do with it, though. Personally, I think she could have challenged his sexism more cleverly, but her personal background with Jim made this difficult.

Luisa was more of a disappointment to me. She ended up 'agreeing to disagree' with Dappy, when his argument was obviously wrong and attitudes like his need challenging every day, until everyone understands that women should not be controlled any more than any man is. Her discussion with Jim, about why she had accused him of being sexist, led to her being browbeaten by Jim into blaming a supposedly 'erroneous' judgement on Linda. Yes, she may have laughed off some of his sexist attitudes, if Linda had not been there, but his sexist attitudes were expressed and real. She had every right to challenge them, as does anyone.

I find it really strange that men like Dappy and Jim are so sensitive about accusations of sexism, when they are perfectly happy to hold and express sexist attitudes. If you don't want to be thought of as sexist, don't be sexist. Simples!
  • Options
    trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a silly question. You should know that all the anti-Jim posters will avoid this thread like the plague. They've been made to look very dull, they won't want to carry on digging when they can chat amongst themselves, slapping each other on the back, knowing they were right all along. Between them, they will attempt to write more about a 30 episode tv programme, than has ever been written about Ch 5 itself.

Anyway, got to go - real life beckons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trebanos wrote: »
    What a silly question. You should know that all the anti-Jim posters will avoid this thread like the plague. They've been made to look very dull, they won't want to carry on digging when they can chat amongst themselves, slapping each other on the back, knowing they were right all along. Between them, they will attempt to write more about a 30 episode tv programme, than has ever been written about Ch 5 itself.

Anyway, got to go - real life beckons.

What a silly response.
    Especially as my reply is just above yours. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »

Linda Nolan had nothing to do with it, though. Personally, I think she could have challenged his sexism more cleverly, but her personal background with Jim made this difficult.

Luisa was more of a disappointment to me. She ended up 'agreeing to disagree' with Dappy, when his argument was obviously wrong and attitudes like his need challenging every day, until everyone understands that women should not be controlled any more than any man is. Her discussion with Jim, about why she had accused him of being sexist, led to her being browbeaten by Jim into blaming a supposedly 'erroneous' judgement on Linda. Yes, she may have laughed off some of his sexist attitudes, if Linda had not been there, but his sexist attitudes were expressed and real. She had every right to challenge them, as does anyone.

I find it really strange that men like Dappy and Jim are so sensitive about accusations of sexism, when they are perfectly happy to hold and express sexist attitudes. If you don't want to be thought of as sexist, don't be sexist. Simples!
    Do you think shouting sexist really will stop anyone being sexist ? and what you see as sexist may not be what everyone sees as sexist. Jim and men like him seem to me to actually like women, they don't like rude women and TBH even as a woman I can happily live without rude women.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum is delusional.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that you've been fooled by linda nolan. you guys spent the last month on here beating on about how jim is sexist, hates women, a misogynist yet all the mothers that that came on the show loved him? then goes on to win the show.

I see. So because 3 mothers thought Jim was nice on the show, you think that means that Jim's not sexist? A leap, to put it mildly.

Jim likes women to conform to his idea(l) of the way women should act and be. That he got on best with Casey says it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    I see. So because 3 mothers thought Jim was nice on the show, you think that means that Jim's not sexist? A leap, to put it mildly.

Jim likes women to conform to his idea(l) of the way women should act and be. That he got on best with Casey says it all.

Yes it says he got on best with an essentially nice person who didn't take any preconceived ideas about him into the house.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »

He also said that Sam was very classy and would love to see her career take off in the acting world. Sam in return said that he was really nice, looking after her when she was ill and making sure she drank fluids. Casey said she would have left, if it was not for her chat with Jim, when he made her put everything in perspective and got her laughing with his comic comments.

Not a typical misognist - a person who displays hatred towards members of the opposite sex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you think shouting sexist really will stop anyone being sexist ? and what you see as sexist may not be what everyone sees as sexist. Jim and men like him seem to me to actually like women, they don't like rude women and TBH even as a woman I can happily live without rude women.

I think discussing sexism with sexist men would be more productive, but, yes, we can shout if the men don't seem to want to listen. ;-)

Men like Dappy, calling women disgusting names for indulging in the same behaviour you accept from men, is obviously sexist. I don't know what definition of sexism would exclude such attitudes.
    Same with Jim expecting women to do their husband's ironing. It should be an individual woman's choice and every different sex couple can make decisions between them on how they decide which household jobs to allocate to which person. These are pretty basic examples and I don't think it has anything to do with my definition of sexism.

People are allowed to dislike 'rude' people, whatever their sex. I just don't agree with having double standards in this regard.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because Luisa said it, it doesn't make it true. That's just what people say so they can blame any result they don't like on women.

Jim is still a sexist, IMO. Most people in the country didn't vote or watch it. Whatever people think of Linda Nolan, far too many people on here used misogynistic terms to express it. Those that do that aren't going to care about social issues too much. The same goes for people who are willing to vote for Jim.
  • Options
    HelenbemerryHelenbemerry Posts: 5,738
    Forum Member
    I think discussing sexism with sexist men would be more productive, but, yes, we can shout if the men don't seem to want to listen. ;-)

Men like Dappy, calling women disgusting names for indulging in the same behaviour you accept from men, is obviously sexist. I don't know what definition of sexism would exclude such attitudes.
    Same with Jim expecting women to do their husband's ironing. It should be an individual woman's choice and every different sex couple can make decisions between them on how they decide which household jobs to allocate to which person. These are pretty basic examples and I don't think it has anything to do with my definition of sexism.

People are allowed to dislike 'rude' people, whatever their sex. I just don't agree with having double standards in this regard.

I think too much was made of that, it was said tongue in cheek as was the 'they'll be putting irons in lads mags next'!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is what your winner says about women - "I don't like women. I f***ing hate women. I do. I do, I've had four of them and we haven't got on and I can't f***ing work them out at all... If we couldn't f*** `em, we wouldn't talk to them at all, would we?"

Not a misogynist? :confused:
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree completely. There have been many worrying aspects to the tone of DSBB this series. For example, the criticism of Louisa and constant references to the effect it will have on her child and how her parents must feel; very few of the same comments, however, about Lee and Dappy.

There seem to be a lot of men (and sadly women) on here who have an innate anger towards women for some reason. No wonder, then, that Jim - who constantly needled the women and only built bonds with the males (and Casey; for the purposes of leching) - was their hero.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think too much was made of that, it was said tongue in cheek as was the 'they'll be putting irons in lads mags next'!

Maybe you hope it was tongue in cheek. I certainly didn't see it that way and his follow up rant about laundry and how men would just shrink everything if they had to do it, spoke volumes.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree completely. There have been many worrying aspects to the tone of DSBB this series. For example, the criticism of Louisa and constant references to the effect it will have on her child and how her parents must feel; very few of the same comments, however, about Lee and Dappy.

There seem to be a lot of men (and sadly women) on here who have an innate anger towards women for some reason. No wonder, then, that Jim - who constantly needled the women and only built bonds with the males (and Casey; for the purposes of leching) - was their hero.
    Yes, especially middle-aged women. The language was shameful and full of examples of what they projected onto Linda.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Totally agree, sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trouble is with the ironing you see sexism I see a man telling the truth as he sees it. I do all the ironing I do all the house work, not because my husband insists but because I like doing it for us. He does the more traditionally male things because we like it that way. Telling us we are wrong and should live some other way is not encouraging equality it's just making us do what someone else wants and making us unhappy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trouble is with the ironing you see sexism I see a man telling the truth as he sees it. I do all the ironing I do all the house work, not because my husband insists but because I like doing it for us. He does the more traditionally male things because we like it that way. Telling us we are wrong and should live some other way is not encouraging equality it's just making us do what someone else wants and making us unhappy.

No, it's about choice. The ironing needs doing (not as much as some people seem to think, mind you) and any couple can come to an agreement. If you both hate doing it, you can choose to do half each. If one of you enjoys it, they can choose to do it. Same with every household job. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but that is exactly what sexist people are doing. Jobs become 'traditionally' male or female because of sexist attitudes. We don't have to carry that on into every generation.