When does it start?

Comments

• hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    deivu74 wrote: »
    I always associate The Apprentice with autumn. When it starts getting dark earlier and you see the apprentices getting out of bed in the dark and coming home in the dark, it gives it a kind of cosy feel. Hopefully they will have filmed this series before the clocks went forward so it doesn't lose that.

It was filmed between April and June so it's gonna have a more summery feel this time!
  • Matt_HarbinsonMatt_Harbinson Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing 8th of October and finishing 17th of December. This is if they do first two episodes in one week like last year.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing 8th of October and finishing 17th of December. This is if they do first two episodes in one week like last year.

Who's to say they will? They've only done that twice in the nine-year history.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's to say they will? They've only done that twice in the nine-year history.

But that's two of the last three series, so it's a fair guess!
    Forum Member
    rwebster wrote: »
    But that's two of the last three series, so it's a fair guess!

I hope they don't - the sooner it starts the better!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the new candidates may have to address Karren as Lady Brady, seeing as Call me Dave is apparently giving her a peerage.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the new candidates may have to address Karren as Lady Brady, seeing as Call me Dave is apparently giving her a peerage.

Well it was filmed from May to June, so no. And I hope next year's bunch don't either, TBH, I don't like that :D It'll make Nick sound below Karren.

In other news, I imagine we'll be seeing the first trailer in about a month :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they will begin the new series once The Great British Bake Off concludes. They are both pretty big shows for the BBC so I can't imagine they'd want either show running concurrently.
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    I think they will begin the new series once The Great British Bake Off concludes. They are both pretty big shows for the BBC so I can't imagine they'd want either show running concurrently.

I think it will begin on the 1st October while GBBO is stil running - that's why An Extra Slice is airing on a different day - tio keep it clear for when TA starts.
    Forum Member
    Ok well interesting findings. A show called Our Zoo starts on Wendesday the 3rd of September at 9pm. Its a six part series so logic says it will conclude on the 8th of October. This leads me to believe that they'll do the two episodes a week thing on the 14th and 15th of October, and run through to the week of the 17th of December - they could either air two episodes that week or show the Apprentice final on Christmas eve but I'm not sure that's very likely.

Maybe I've got this wrong and Our Zoo is airing twice weekly .or will move timeslot, but if we have to wait till the middle of October I'll be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    Ok well interesting findings. A show called Our Zoo starts on Wendesday the 3rd of September at 9pm. Its a six part series so logic says it will conclude on the 8th of October. This leads me to believe that they'll do the two episodes a week thing on the 14th and 15th of October, and run through to the week of the 17th of December - they could either air two episodes that week or show the Apprentice final on Christmas eve but I'm not sure that's very likely.

Maybe I've got this wrong and Our Zoo is airing twice weekly .or will move timeslot, but if we have to wait till the middle of October I'll be disappointed.

Of course, it isn't 100% certain that The Apprentice will continue to be on Wednesday nights. The other series have been, but that doesn't mean that it can't move if they found a good slot for it. Young Apprentice moved around a bit - the first series was on Wednesdays like the adult series, but Series 2 was on Mondays and Series 3 on Thursdays. I don't think that it necessarily has to be on Wednesdays to work.
    Forum Member
    Of course, it isn't 100% certain that The Apprentice will continue to be on Wednesday nights. The other series have been, but that doesn't mean that it can't move if they found a good slot for it. Young Apprentice moved around a bit - the first series was on Wednesdays like the adult series, but Series 2 was on Mondays and Series 3 on Thursdays. I don't think that it necessarily has to be on Wednesdays to work.

That's a good point actually. I would miss it on Wednesdays though... Wednesday is Apprentice day. Anyway the sooner the series starts the better!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Finale's usually on a Sunday, so yeah, two in the same week. Neat!
    Forum Member
    God, I really want confirmation on when it's coming back!

Watching clips from last year nostalgically :cool:
    Forum Member
    I have high expectations for this season as I think it might be the last one. I think its maybe cause there's been a 18 month break with no young apprentice; the tasks sound a little odd like selling coffee flowers, candles and hat boxes but given they've done 9 series, they must be running out of ideas. I think series 8 and 9 had best tasks out of any series though so it may be good. An other month and it should be under way.
    Forum Member
    I have high expectations for this season as I think it might be the last one. I think its maybe cause there's been a 18 month break with no young apprentice; the tasks sound a little odd like selling coffee flowers, candles and hat boxes but given they've done 9 series, they must be running out of ideas. I think series 8 and 9 had best tasks out of any series though so it may be good. An other month and it should be under way.

I feel like leaving it this long may work to its advantage actually. When the popularity of the show was going down a bit a couple of years ago, some of my friends said that the reasons they were a bit bored of it was that 'it was on too much', with Young Apprentice on as well. Now that it has been this long since the last series, I feel that motivation for it may be up again, especially as Series 9 was very popular (personally I didn't think Series 9 was much to write home about, but I appreciate that I am in the minority there as many people seem to think that it has been one of the best of recent years). I think that the BBC are reserving judgement about whether to commission further series until they have seen how Series 10 goes - it is the first series for a while that has not already had a following series commissioned at the time of broadcast.
    Forum Member
    I don't think this will be the last - it stills solidly draws in 7 million viewers at least. And I agree with George, I think this series will go well due to the break.

I would be quite gobsmacked if the show didn't return.

I am predicting that the show will return on the 15th of October. I think we wil have the first trailer by the end of the month.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I suppose thats true; Dragons den has continued even though its popularity has diminished a bit but it still has an audience. I would be disappointed if the Apprentice ended but I think there maybe needs to be a new panel to give it something new.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I suppose thats true; Dragons den has continued even though its popularity has diminished a bit but it still has an audience. I would be disappointed if the Apprentice ended but I think there maybe needs to be a new panel to give it something new.

Well, Margaret was replaced by Karren a few years ago...
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,782
    Forum Member

I'd imagine it's fairly inexpensive to produce as compared to dramas etc as well.
    Forum Member
    I'd imagine it's fairly inexpensive to produce as compared to dramas etc as well.

I imagine that any money raised on the tasks (from the sales etc) goes into the production of the show as well.
    Forum Member
    Lord Sugar confirmed on Twitter that the show will NOT return on the 15th of October... Hopefully sooner than that!

Then, someone replied claiming that they could 'confirm' that it would start with a double-week on the 30th of September and 1st of October.

Perhaps Our Zoo is changing timeslot??
    Forum Member
    Also LS tweeted that it returns in a 'few weeks' - hopefully that means the first trailer is coming soon as last year's frist trailer came out 3 weeks before the start of Series 9,
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then, someone replied claiming that they could 'confirm' that it would start with a double-week on the 30th of September and 1st of October.

Perhaps Our Zoo is changing timeslot??

Afraid not. 9pm slot has

30th The Driver
    1st Our Zoo
    2nd Who do you think you are (Billy Connolly)

But that is the last episode of Our Zoo, so the week after maybe?
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    Afraid not. 9pm slot has

30th The Driver
    1st Our Zoo
    2nd Who do you think you are (Billy Connolly)

But that is the last episode of Our Zoo, so the week after maybe?

It must start on the 8th of October?! Hope so!