Options

Survivor 29 - San Juan del Sur: Blood vs Water

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    Oh, and yet another idol how ridiculous.

I do agree with this. 1 idol in play during post-merge should suffice.
    The producers are idol-obsessed nowadays, like it's the only way to make a big move.

But then that's not exclusive to this season, thinking of some of the top-rated seasons - the first Fans vs Faves there seemed to be a newly found idol at almost every post-merge TC (even if they didn't play it), then there's not forgetting Parvati just handing out idols in HvsV.

I tend to like the blindsides that are about changing group dynamics, but I think the modern day TV audience are far too impatient for that nowadays (like they are with most things).
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A random flashback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRVOWO1BwU

China was a really underrated season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole episode set up a blindside. Wow, Jon. Speechless.
    Well done Natalie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like it's broken One World's record now with 6 males going in a row.
    No wonder Jeff said this was going to be an unorthodox season as so many alpha males and potential winners are gone before the final.

I think the winner has got to be either Natalie or Keith.
    I think it would be a shame for Keith to win after all this because it would make out that Natalie made the wrong move. Which is the problem with big moves, the viewers crave for them yet when big moves are done but they don't pay off then you're ridiculed for being a fool.
    If Keith does win though I don't see Natalie being at the end with him. Her edit is too complimentary to be 'screwed over' by a jury. She'll probably be the unfortunate 4th placer or something, deemed too big of a threat.

My preferred final 3 would be Natalie/Jaclyn/Baylor, at least if Natalie is the frontrunner then all 3 will get votes since Jon and Missy will be on the jury.
    But I think the edit has been setting it up to be Natalie/Missy/Baylor or Keith/Missy/Baylor.
    I'm glad Jaclyn outlasted Jon, she's had a particularly strange journey and it may end just as strange.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Great episode, really rooting for Natalie to win.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    The whole episode set up a blindside. Wow, Jon. Speechless.
    Well done Natalie.

Speechless? Really? I thought the edit had made it obvious the last few episodes that he would get blindsided. The immunity challenge looked a farce as it was just whether the wind would blow it over. Recent challenges have used Natalie's strength in her upper body giving her a chance. Her crying after coming back from Exile Island was pathetic, I was hoping it was just acting but apparently not. Very weak players, maybe Jaclyn might surprise me yet and make it interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speechless? Really? I thought the edit had made it obvious the last few episodes that he would get blindsided. The immunity challenge looked a farce as it was just whether the wind would blow it over. Recent challenges have used Natalie's strength in her upper body giving her a chance. Her crying after coming back from Exile Island was pathetic, I was hoping it was just acting but apparently not. Very weak players, maybe Jaclyn might surprise me yet and make it interesting.

I was speechless because I was shocked at how clueless he was. I couldn't believe Jon would take that crap by Natalie. I was also surprised Queen Jaclyn just let her boytoy call the shots between them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaclyn just blows hot and cold, as I said before she winds me up. Plenty of bad gameplay really. That's why Josh and Reed would have made more of a game of it had at least one of them lasted further. Keith at least provides some comedy, Missi and Baylor just seem a waste of space. I had hopes of Baylor earlier in the season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why Baylor is quite invisible in next weeks's preview. She's basically now Natalie's coattailer

Josh and Reed are a dangerous couple so if some other people want to win, getting them out asap post-merge is imperial
  • Options
    Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like Keith, I hope he doesn't win. If he gets to the final 3 I can see him beating any of the women so they need to take him out. I'm guessing Natalie may want Jaclyn out next followed by Keith but she should focus on taking Keith out at f5 as he's more likely to win immunity. Can't believe 7 guys have been eliminated in a row (providing Julie doesn't count as she quit)
  • Options
    troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Jaclyn just blows hot and cold, as I said before she winds me up. Plenty of bad gameplay really. That's why Josh and Reed would have made more of a game of it had at least one of them lasted further. Keith at least provides some comedy, Missi and Baylor just seem a waste of space. I had hopes of Baylor earlier in the season.

Not really. Josh just had a bloated edit, he wasn't that strong of a player at all ("I voted for you to strengthen our alliance" like what), while Jaclyn was actually pretty perceptive but acted on her perceptions in the worst way possible (<3). And Missy's had her spot to the finals locked up since at least the tribe swap.
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Natalie wins I would have to put her in the upper echelon of best winners even despite this being a weak season. Pretty much everything she does has a game purpose, she thinks things through and bides her time.

Last week I thought her move to keep Keith over Alec was stupid and risky...turns out she knew exactly what she was doing and played it off effortlessly. She can read people very well. If she doesn't win this bad season just becomes even worse.
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldnt believe that Natalie managed to pull off that lie about getting confused on who to vote for. I hope she wins, she is the most deserving imo....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really hope Natalie wins tonight. Not just because it feels like the best outcome, but because people are going to be hating on this season even more if she doesn't.

Want it to go:
    Missy 5th / Keith 4th / final 3: Baylor, Jaclyn, Natalie (Natalie wins)

Think it will go:
    Jaclyn 5th / Natalie 4th / final 3: Baylor, Missy, Keith (Keith wins)

The hate for this season makes me question what exactly do people want from a season? I mean I'd much rather a bunch of players running around trying to play the game like this season, rather than a straight-up Pagonging with one dominant player controlling everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will admit that since the Josh blindside this season improved quite a bit and if Natalie wins it will have a great outcome. But overall I'd still see it as one of the weaker seasons.

There was too many boring players, players that weren't familiar with the show, and some unlikable people too. The location is awful too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A really fun Survivor final episode
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank heavens Natalie GODDESS won <333
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reed just made an ass of himself on the finale. What a jerk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was a great ending, I think Natalie will be one of my fave winners of all time. I like the way she plays the game with risky unusual moves that have a "lets see if this works" quality rather than simply boosting one's ego.
    Using the idol to vote out Baylor was interesting, I think it was smart simply not to risk being in a final 4 with a tight pairing. Plus it formed a brief alliance with Jaclyn and I'm glad Jaclyn was the runner-up.

The reunion was predictably rubbish, hearing from audience members rather than half of the contestants.
    Though I liked it how Jeff threw Reed's jury speech back in his face talking about how him and Josh are now supposedly role models while Reed's there on TV giving an older woman a verbal bashing.

I feel slightly bad for Nadiya as she and Natalie are going to be together alot of the time and people are going to want to talk about Natalie's victory. Nadiya is going to have to keep confirming that she was voted out first.
    It's kind of hilarious though that the twins basically bookended the season, taking it one step further than Tyson/Rachel in the original BvsW.

Post merge was so good that I probably like this season more than Cagayan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie was like a HBIC when she gave the idol for Jaclyn to vote Baylor out.
    Missy just sat there watching Nat LOL

Alec's facial expressions during tribal summed up my impression on the reunion show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't bother watching after the final immunity, it was obvious Natalie had won. It would have been more interesting had it been her v Keith.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great ending to a season that I've been pretty harsh on. Natalie is a top tier winner, I loved how she thought about everything she did, and her moves were interesting, it actually took me a while to figure out if they were good...and she always proved to know what she was doing.

When she used the idol on Jaclyn and blindsided Baylor, I loved it as entertainment, but I wasn't sure if it was a good move. But then I got why she did it. If she voted out Jacyln it would have been Natalie, Keith, Baylor and Missy...and if Keith won the Final Immunity challenge (he had a strong record in challenges) then Natalie's fate would be in the hands of a loved-one pair, very unlikely that Baylor or Missy vote out each other so Nat would have been done. Getting rid of Baylor took out the last pair and increased Nat's chances of making it to Final 3. Brilliant. And the way she made the move was great showmanship, making sure the jury was totally aware that she was in control "Jaclyn, did you vote who I told you to vote?".

Like I said before, since the Josh blindside this season improved massively, and now with a great winner I think it saved this season from been one of the worst.

Can't wait for S30 though, from what I've been told it's one of the best in years. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your name has been shown everywhere for S30 spoilers :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »
    When she used the idol on Jaclyn and blindsided Baylor, I loved it as entertainment, but I wasn't sure if it was a good move. But then I got why she did it. If she voted out Jacyln it would have been Natalie, Keith, Baylor and Missy...and if Keith won the Final Immunity challenge (he had a strong record in challenges) then Natalie's fate would be in the hands of a loved-one pair, very unlikely that Baylor or Missy vote out each other so Nat would have been done. Getting rid of Baylor took out the last pair and increased Nat's chances of making it to Final 3. Brilliant. And the way she made the move was great showmanship, making sure the jury was totally aware that she was in control "Jaclyn, did you vote who I told you to vote?".

Initially I thought it was a bit dangerous to do that but agree that she had to let it be known to the jury that it was her move and not Jaclyn's. Who knows, maybe Jon would have tried to convince the jury at Ponderosa that it was Jaclyn's move if Natalie didn't spell it out for them.

Voting out Baylor and not Missy seemed to come out of nowhere. I think Missy was alot more forgiving than Baylor would have been had she voted her mum out. I actually think had Baylor stayed then she'd have teamed up with Jaclyn and wanted to get back at Natalie (although keeping Keith would still have been risky).
    Plus it seems like Natalie wanted to keep Missy as she could keep the target off her at final 4 by playing up the possible sympathy vote for Missy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Your name has been shown everywhere for S30 spoilers :D

Ha, I know it's pretty crazy (it's not my actual name though, just an online alias). It's good to finally get credit though and not that other dude who steals peoples spoilers and tries to pass them off as his own.