Options

EE - Iain and Jane Beale

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't get his behaviour. He finds out she was about to leave him, then bends over backwards to 'win her back' as soon as she conceeds, he is back to being a total pr1ck again!!

Sleeping with glenda, leaving Jane to run most of the businesses, when he gives Peter £100 for his birthday and Jane tells Lucy, he goes mental saying he will decide how much to give 'his' kids. Treating Whitney like crap, despite the fact he knows Bianca found him in Glenda's bed naked!!

I don't get it!

Comments

• Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that ones gone right over my head aswell ( like a lot of things on EE lately).
    she should have just grabbed his cash and got out while she could.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not his behaviour that I don't get , its Jane's! - after all, this is par for the course for Ian.... finds out Jane is thinking about/about to leave him, makes simpering tearful begging scene how he will change, five minutes later treating her like nothing and back to his same old ways, taking Jane for granted. So personally, I'm not in the least bit surprised by his behaviour. He doesnt value what he has with Jane and proven it over and over again.

In the past she has taken this, but for sure this time it was different. She was so sure of her mind, so determined, she had the support of friends and family. So this time, to have stayed with him, she surely would have demanded a longer period of sustained effort and attentiveness from Ian. For things to have gone back to the same pattern so quickly this time is poor writing imo.

But I guess it's all plot devices which will become apparent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    This whole storyline seems to be a victim of a make-it-up-as-we-go syndrome. the characters contradict logic for no reason. I can only guess that they decided to put that storyline back a couple of weeks for somethign else so they have had to calm it down a little.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know how Ian and Jane's marriage could possibly survive the lastest betrayal. Jane was all set to leave Ian when she discovered he'd lied about Lucy's abortion. In the end she decided to give him on last chance and now he's having an affair with Glenda!! There's no way she'd forgive him again but if they were to split up permanantly what would Jane do? Her whole character has revolved around her being Ian's love interest, without him she wont have a home, a job or a family and i cant imagine the writers making her an independant character with her own stroylines.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't make sense. Kirkwood has annoyed me the most with these two because they are great characters and have had nothing to do the past two years; he comes in and gives them this junk - and I'd rather they were just extras again.