X Factor USA: New judges CONFIRMED

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    Well Simon doesn't seem to be against a 3 women panel, with this article suggesting he wants Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio to make up the panel. Goodbye Ne-Yo?

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.874&article=103262

Get ready for 'Charlie's Angels' poses and internet teasers and promos with S.Cowell as 'Charlie'. Oh dear, pass us the sick bucket.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I remember from last year, Britney and Demi weren't officially confirmed till the evening of Upfronts, so expect an announcement, if there was one, in the evening,not now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    justj wrote: »
    But how do we know that this "mrjsbigblog" is not talking a load shit ?

mjsbigblog is one of the most reliable sources of American Idol/X Factor USA information out there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    I just cringe with the thought of Paulina Rubio... Shakira 2.0
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for those that don't no paulina here she is her last song 2 be released

http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulinaRubioVEVO?feature=watch
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope we find out tonight I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be revealed tonight considering it is the Fox event tonight .
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Kevin R meant that he wasnt confirming anything on the conference call.

Demi is definitley at the Upfronts as Lea Michele from Glee tweeted her about meeting there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Mario Lopez and Demi are both there.
  • justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Do we know if mario is going to be hosting the show on his own ?
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Rowland and Cheryl have been the main rumours, Kelly is now unavailable as she announced tour dates that clash entirely..

The don't clash..

She still did a tour back in 2011 with Chris Brown, amid XF UK auditions and bootcamp.. besides, this tour is in America anyway
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Paulina Rubio is certainly a left field choice, if true.

It seems like Simon Cowell is quite deliberately pandering to the Latino market by signing her. I still think the show needs an older female to anchor it- someone like Janet Jackson with serious musical gravitas but also quite a sweet personality. She's like a sober Paula Abdul.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It seems like Simon Cowell is quite deliberately pandering to the Latino market by signing her. I still think the show needs an older female to anchor it- someone like Janet Jackson with serious musical gravitas but also quite a sweet personality. She's like a sober Paula Abdul.

It's weird because Demi Lovato is actually Latin, from her Dad's side atleast :o
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    It's weird because Demi Lovato is actually Latin, from her Dad's side atleast :o

I knew she was Italian but I didn't know she had Hispanic roots too?

If they were trying to corner that market they should go for someone like Enrique Iglesias, who has real crossover appeal.

From what I know of Paulna, though, is that she's a very dedicated musician and has recorded in places like Nashville and recently released an acoustic album. She seems very commited to the creative process and lists her main inspirations as the Beatles and Elvis Presley. Could be a very interesting choice!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    What time is the Fox upfronts meant to be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I think I would like demi, simon, kelly and paulina. not a big fan of neyo. but we'll see, I'll wait for the show to start before I judge...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    What time is the Fox upfronts meant to be?

About 9/10 UK Time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member

I really wanted an older female too...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew she was Italian but I didn't know she had Hispanic roots too?

If they were trying to corner that market they should go for someone like Enrique Iglesias, who has real crossover appeal.

From what I know of Paulna, though, is that she's a very dedicated musician and has recorded in places like Nashville and recently released an acoustic album. She seems very commited to the creative process and lists her main inspirations as the Beatles and Elvis Presley. Could be a very interesting choice!

Mexican/Irish/Italian descent.
    Forum Member
    Now that American Idol are actively casting 3 new judges, I wonder if any offers will be made to those already associated with Idol.

We know Idol came up with a better offer for Mariah last year, and she ended her (quite advanced) talks with X Factor to pitch up on AI.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    About 9/10 UK Time

Thank you! Guess we'll have to wait & see
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think paulina could be a revelation on the panel been listening to her interviews and she seems such a fun loving and endearing person and she has alot to say
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judges are not being confirmed tonight.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Judges are not being confirmed tonight.

How do you know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paulina has been a judge on the last season of The Voice Kids Version in South America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4jwODV9UQ4

Here she at the Latin Pop Awards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTIljV-A6s

And here is her duet with Ronan Keating on When you say nothing at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJYpIQ1rtkE

She is also highly controversial and has recently kneed a member of the paparazzi and has been accused on hitting her assistant due to being disrespectful - Maybe someone will stand right up 2 Simon haha

http://perezhilton.com/2013-05-11-paulina-rubio-accused-of-kneeing-photographers-groin-stealing-camera#.UZEpObVQG2k
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    How do you know?

Fox boss Kevin Reilly confirmed it on a conference call. Judges have yet to be signed and won't be signed by tonight. What a let down.