Next Call of Duty game may be set in the future

Comments

• BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Well it was inevitable I guess. They've already covered the past, and now the present. Future was the last frontier!

Personally, I doubt I'll be too interested. Killzone 3's out in February, I'll stick with that.

Still, at least they'll have a basis for teleporting commando lunge as a perk now!
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to make Modern Warfare 3 next as Makarov is still on the run and I want to see how the story ends.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    its getting tired this gen, perhaps leave it until next gen for even more realism - but this is activision
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    steveOooo wrote: »
    its getting tired this gen, perhaps leave it until next gen for even more realism

If you listen very carefully, you can just about hear Bobby Kotick reading that comment and laughing his arse off, lol.

I seriously doubt that Activision would even consider having a year without COD. It's the main game on their calendar.

The new COD developer (Sledgehammer) will be in charge of this future game wont they? I've just got a very bad feeling about the whole thing. They should have let the new devs work on DLC or something first. I think next year will be the year that the popularity of COD begins to decline.
  • SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call Of Duty: HaloZone!!! :D
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    If you listen very carefully, you can just about hear Bobby Kotick reading that comment and laughing his arse off, lol.

I seriously doubt that Activision would even consider having a year without COD. It's the main game on their calendar.

The new COD developer (Sledgehammer) will be in charge of this future game wont they? I've just got a very bad feeling about the whole thing. They should have let the new devs work on DLC or something first. I think next year will be the year that the popularity of COD begins to decline.

especailly as they will be charging for online play with the next one so i will give it a miss
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was something like this not reported last year too, a sort of space age COD?
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Was something like this not reported last year too, a sort of space age COD?

This was reported last year if memory serves me right. Likwise it was speculated that Black Ops was being made by Sledgehammer Games. I must congratulate their work- Black Ops is good:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    They need to make Modern Warfare 3 next as Makarov is still on the run and I want to see how the story ends.

I agree. MW2 didn't even have a proper ending you throw the knife in the dudes face, get put on a helicopter and then the credits roll.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. MW2 didn't even have a proper ending you throw the knife in the dudes face, get put on a helicopter and then the credits roll.
    I thought MW2 had a much better campaign than COD4. Going after Shepherd was cool and The Enemy of My Enemy was an amazing chapter and you could feel the anger during the conversation with Makarov when you knew he was going to get away.

COD4 didn't have that feeling of greatness about it. I'm playing it for the 3rd time at the moment (twice already on PS3, this time on PC) and it is a bit underwhelming in comparison, although it sets the scene for the MW2 story and why Shepherd is so pissed off. Unfortunately many people didn't make all of the connections between the two games, and missed what MW2 achieved in terms of its story.

I'm glad that Black Ops has done a similar thing and is a sequel of sorts to World At War. I'm now able to put a face to Petrenko.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    If the next call of duty game was set in a hen house with hens armed to the teeth shooting the enemy fox brigade with a mode were you can play as the foxes, there would still be 5 million Muppets queuing at midnight to buy a copy 10 hours earlier than on a usual game release.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the next call of duty game was set in a hen house with hens armed to the teeth shooting the enemy fox brigade with a mode were you can play as the foxes, there would still be 5 million Muppets queuing at midnight to buy a copy 10 hours earlier than on a usual game release.

ROFL, thats probably true.
    Forum Member
    essentially Dead SPace meets COD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    I thought MW2 had a much better campaign than COD4. Going after Shepherd was cool and The Enemy of My Enemy was an amazing chapter and you could feel the anger during the conversation with Makarov when you knew he was going to get away.

COD4 didn't have that feeling of greatness about it. I'm playing it for the 3rd time at the moment (twice already on PS3, this time on PC) and it is a bit underwhelming in comparison, although it sets the scene for the MW2 story and why Shepherd is so pissed off. Unfortunately many people didn't make all of the connections between the two games, and missed what MW2 achieved in terms of its story.

I'm glad that Black Ops has done a similar thing and is a sequel of sorts to World At War. I'm now able to put a face to Petrenko.

The overall campaign may have been better but the ending really sucks after you kill Shepherd and it suddenly ends with Makarov still being alive. I just wanna see how it ends. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hahaha I agree there. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

I'd buy that, if only to see how funny it was, haha.

I can just hear the in game dialogue now: "Fire in the fox-hole!":p
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people hated Battlefield 2142 but I quite liked it, the titans and different game modes made for interesting strategy gameplay.

CoD in the future will just be a laser ak47 and more crappy multiplayer options on maps that are far too small.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking idea in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Could be great, could be terrible. It depends on how it's done. If Infinity Ward (what remains of them anyway!) make the game then it'll probably end up like MW2 did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Hoverboards are in the future................
    :-) It could be *just* like Back To The Future 2!
    Forum Member
    perhaps 'COD: Caveman Colin' you fight using dog shit to kill the local cave infidels - oh wait, COd and Dog SHit has been done before - its called 'Black Ops'
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Excellent news!