Options

Do I need legacy adaptor for octo LNB?

StueyStuey Posts: 683
Forum Member
✭✭
I bought a Zinwell octo LNB for our three year old minidish recently but was unable to attach it when I tried last night. I'm presuming I need a legacy adaptor as it simply isn't the right size to fit on?

Looked on eBay and there's a few for sale separately but none of the listings seem to confirm that they're compatible with octo LNB's. (only mentions quad LNB's etc).

We did originally have one of those fold over plastic thingys which fastened the neck clamp of the current quad LNB to the arm but council workmen recently broke it and they wouldn't provide us with a new one.

So my basic question is if I simply bought a standard / generic mini dish legacy adaptor would that be suitable for attaching the octo LNB? (ie. are the ones for sale loosely the same as the ones that come bundled with the octos in the first place?)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Yes, they should be the same
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if our dish is an MK4 already? The long arm on the dish only has three surface edges, the underneath edge is just bare, unlike some of the older dishes which have four edges and allow for things to be stuffed into the end of the arm.

I'm really not sure how to fit this octo LNB. I originally thought it would clip over the top of the arm but the fit seems too tight and not quite the right size.

All help is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    It sounds like you already have a MK4 dish.

Is the Octo LNB you got a MK3?

MK4 ones clip onto the top of the arm (3 sides) as opposed to slotting inside the arm (4 sides).

Sounds like maybe you need a MK4 collar for the new Octo...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After some digging around I'm now pretty sure we have an MK4 dish and the LNB is also MK4 (both have 3 sides). I'm going to have another go at installing it tonight.

What's the best way to attach it?
    Should I hover the LNB mount over the top of the arm and try and push it down so that it clips on, or would I be best to align the mount with the end of the arm then try and push it along the arm?

It just seemed such a tight fit last time and I was affraid of damaging anything. I take it I don't need any extra fittings or anything?

This is the same LNB we have here:
    http://www.tradeworks.tv/acatalog/octo_lnb.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stuey wrote: »
    After some digging around I'm now pretty sure we have an MK4 dish and the LNB is also MK4 (both have 3 sides). I'm going to have another go at installing it tonight.

What's the best way to attach it?
    Should I hover the LNB mount over the top of the arm and try and push it down so that it clips on, or would I be best to align the mount with the end of the arm then try and push it along the arm?

It just seemed such a tight fit last time and I was affraid of damaging anything. I take it I don't need any extra fittings or anything?

This is the same LNB we have here:
    http://www.tradeworks.tv/acatalog/octo_lnb.jpg

That's an MK4 bracket.

They are very tight to get on - almost feels like you are going to break it!

I would have the end with the spirit level on at a 45 degree angle to the arm.
    There is a metal hook on the arm, push the LNB bracket under the hook then lever/push the rest of the bracket down onto the arm.
    There are two little plastic clips on the inside of the LNB bracket, these feel/look like they are going to snap off but they wont, just push it all the way down and the clips should then pop out in their place on the bottom of the arm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Then use the small plastic plug to lock the bracket onto the arm