Margaret Thatcher dead

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all fairness me and mum were not with gran when she died. It didn't mean we did not love her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are repeatedly announcing their decision on Radio 4. Fed up hearing it now :D
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    our dear leader the great david cameron. Has got his way and the song been banned off radio one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit needed...

Done (looks up) Sorry nan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done (looks up) Sorry nan.

;)...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    our dear leader the great david cameron. Has got his way and the song been banned off radio one.

Why do you think it's been banned because he wanted in banned?
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    RickyBarby wrote: »

It just means the song gets even more publicity and probably ends up at No. 1

:D
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There should be a riot over the banning of the song for old times sake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    There should be a riot over the banning of the song for old times sake.

What a remarkably foolish thing to say, A riot will result in damage to property and other criminal activity.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have they banned the song? Its not in good taste but I fear we are heading towards a police state in this country. Not enough people care for defending our liberties. My biggest fear for this country is we are all walking like lambs to the slaughter and our liberties and freedom of speech is slowly but surely being suppressed.
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving all this extra publicity for the campaign. Having that as the number 1 song in the country on the day of the funeral will go some way to restoring my faith in the British public.

For me, it'll make it marginally more attractive to leave the country!

It is utterly vile. It's just like playground taunting and bullying, of someone who can't fight back, but on a huge scale. And the authorities apparently can do nothing about it.

Isn't there a crime, incitement to hatred or something that can be used these 'people'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Why have they banned the song? Its not in good taste but I fear we are heading towards a police state in this country. Not enough people care for defending our liberties. My biggest fear for this country is we are all walking like lambs to the slaughter and our liberties and freedom of speech is slowly but surely being suppressed.

Well yes, but it's very difficult to draw the line between freedom of expression and having respect for others when there are people on both sides of the line. It comes down to what the majority want, and it seems the majority don't advocate the underlying principle behind it. That's democracy.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well yes, but it's very difficult to draw the line between freedom of expression and having respect for others when there are people on both sides of the line, it comes down to the majority, and it seems the majority don't advocate the underlying principle behind it.
    I think most people would not be for it, even people from the left wing spectrum. But we need to defend the most fundamental part of our country which is freedom of speech and expression.

Thomas Jefferson himself said when the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Maybe they could re-record that 'Cleopatra's Theme' song by (unsurprisingly) short-lived girl band 'Cleopatra'.

"Margaret Thatcha - comin' atcha!"

That reminds me of a spoof by Kenny Everett on his show in 1980. He was sending up Gary Numan, and sang a song that began, 'Margaret Thatcher, Margaret Thatcher, see the way she's lookin' at ya!' It ended, 'You will vote for her again-'coz who the hell wants Tony Benn!'
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    What was wrong with what Erica Cartman wrote?

Because, I don't fully agree with the statement made.

=

Note to self.

<Bangs head on desk>

<I didn't realise I have to spell everything out to the hard of thinking in every post I make on DS>

<It's like learning for dummies on here sometimes>
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margaret Thatcher is dead. Just let it rest and let her rest too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »

I take it that will be your last words on the subject then
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In other words no one make a fuss over it, either on this forum or real life, but let it pass with quiet dignity? Unaided porcine aerodynamics have a similar degree of probability.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's still the celeb extravaganza next week to go. The Queen and everything will be there.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it that will be your last words on the subject then

Of course, on my word. Amen.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    The sad thing is some people would be happy with our is a liberty and freedom of speech been suppressed, but me and many others think we need them .
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »

It is utterly vile. It's just like playground taunting and bullying, of someone who can't fight back, but on a huge scale. And the authorities apparently can do nothing about it.

Isn't there a crime, incitement to hatred or something that can be used these 'people'?
    Perhaps they could invent one for you. Hope the country you leave for has more rigid control of social media considering how upset you appear to be.
  • Erica CartmanErica Cartman Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »

What an appropriate tribute to Thatcher.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably too late to get Madonna's True Blue to no1. :D
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda bored of this now , All MP's and union leaders should be sacked and made to sweep the streets
This discussion has been closed.