Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    porky42 wrote: »
    I'm not sure of your point with this post. Are you saying that the 3.02 time was actually later?

Truly I don't even know what my point is either… Am completely mixed up with different times and timelines, from clocks, from phone-logs, chronology of events, etc… :(

Woud have to back at the beginning and re-listen to everything with a fresh and current evidentiary mindset… but I'm not up to it.

Better to ignore me all together :)
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maringar wrote: »
    Thanks Smacka, agree 100%. The last two days have shown me what a good neighbour Oscar is and thoroughly deacent man.
    He was away 7 months of the year, so a nod and hello and chat about cars is hardly knowing someone is it.

Wonder if those neighbours knew OP would be in Court charged with 3 Misuse of Firearms charges and Murder having shot and killed his girlfriend - or that he has a history of having a bad temper and shouting at women - I bet their 'view' of OP as a suitable neighbour to have has somewhat changed now !

Not to mention the fact that OP didn't even call for an ambulance to come out and help his dying girlfriend as soon as he realised he'd shot her , and she was in a bad bad way, bleeding to death with some of her skull missing , and he shot her all because, on his account, he heard a noise coming from his bathroom in the middle of the night ! so he shot 4 times at Reeva, without checking that it wasn't her in there going to the toilet ! really,,,,,,,,,,every time I repeat his version it sounds more and more improbable and ridiculous !

I'm sure those neighbours are relieved he's not going back to Silverwoods !
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Truly I don't even know what my point is either… Am completely mixed up with different times and timelines, from clocks, from phone-logs, chronology of events, etc… :(

Woud have to back at the beginning and re-listen to everything with a fresh a current evidentiary mindset… but I'm not up to it.

What a shame. :cry:

I too thought I had it clear in my mind.

It's those voodoo screams what done us :o
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Luverly AJ, can you post a link or two where June said to the press she thought Oscar was guilty of premeditated murder before the trial?

I am interested because my impression was she did not know. She wanted to look into Oscars eyes to see the truth but he blanked her.

Of course she knows he shot her daughter dead. No one is disputing that.

Didn't she say she would forgive him whatever, as hate would eat her up or WTTE?
  • barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Woud have to back at the beginning and re-listen to everything with a fresh a current evidentiary mindset… but I'm not up to it.

.... and people who keep their clocks a few minutes fast.... or was it slow !?!?:confused:

I am well past saturation level of who shot, banged, phoned, screamed, shouted, ate, watched TV, did yoga, bought fans in, covered blue lights, used an ipad, banged a bathroom panel, , put legs on, carried a body downstairs, etc....etc....:D
  • Whatabout...Whatabout... Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »

They were quite something, weren't they?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    How thick are the experts or whatever they are on the Sky catch up prog!

Stating that the 2 close neighbours must be right that there was no argument as they only heard the one bang which woke them up, when others further away heard more. The door was shot to pieces.. how the heck did they not hear that :confused::confused:

I am sure they just want their 5 mins of fame on there >:(>:(

Such a bias programme!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

someone do an excel spreadsheet with all the times, neighbours, who heard what and when , please ???:D;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... and people who keep their clocks a few minutes fast.... or was it slow !?!?:confused:

I am well past saturation level of who shot, banged, phoned, screamed, shouted, ate, watched TV, did yoga, bought fans in, covered blue lights, used an ipad, banged a bathroom panel, , put legs on, carried a body downstairs, etc....etc....:D

Don't forget the jeans in the garden :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    How thick are the experts or whatever they are on the Sky catch up prog!

Stating that the 2 close neighbours must be right that there was no argument as they only heard the one bang which woke them up, when others further away heard more. The door was shot to pieces.. how the heck did they not hear that :confused::confused:

I am sure they just want their 5 mins of fame on there >:(>:(

Such a bias programme!

They did say tho that it looks like the defence are struggling to get experts to defend the indefensible :D
  • porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know! It's gritted teeth all round at my house during the very sporadic court sessions. Except mine, of course. Which are false. And usually kept in a glass.

:D Still got my teeth for now, and hair. Although I'm tearing it out bit by bit as the trial goes on!
  • cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »
    It may be the only time she has been quoted in court but it's far from the first she has spoken, she has been talking to the media since day 1.
    You would need to know more before you make your judgements.
    You have already become personal just because I don't approve of her speaking out before the trial.
    I don't, and in this country it would not be allowed.

Do you judge OP and his family (and reps) speaking publicly and in the media before the trial as well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    someone do an excel spreadsheet with all the times, neighbours, who heard what and when , please ???:D;-)

Also where they lived in relation to OP s house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Beyond my capabilities I'm afraid..........I've only just mastered screaming like a girl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the jeans in the garden :D

Oh I knew there was something else!! :D
    so many puzzles... so few answers !!! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who sets their clock slow - fast, i'd understand, but slow ?????????/
    Are these people deaf and nuts ?
    They all go to bed at 9pm too, sleep with windows, door open, have dogs that don't bark, Are irritated when they hear a woman screaming, and just want to go back to bed
    They hear gunshots and put pillows over their heads, and ignore it !
    jeeeez, glad I don't live there !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    They did say tho that it looks like the defence are struggling to get experts to defend the indefensible :D

Exactly... that is no doubt very true.... I don't feel we will get the animation now...
    I think Roux would have wanted to make an early impact with that for the defence if he was intending to show it......

and after the Dixon fiasco..... genuine experts wont want their reputations sullied by, as you say, trying to defend the indefensible.....
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »
    I've explained in the post you challenged in the first place.

[Well yes you can be telling then truth because you can be taken out of context, be talking about a slightly different event, make a mistake, get confused, have your words misrepresented, misunderstand the question or just use a word to ema one thing when it means another. People are always mispeaking and being misunderstood.
    I'm not arguing that he is telling then truth, just that we don't have good evidence yet that he is guilty of murder]

Right, so when op says that before he knew what was happening he had fired the gun (4 times as we all know). You don't fire 4 times by accident.

Next thing we know he said to Nel that he didn't fire a warning shot at the supposed intruders because it would have ricocheted and hurt himself (therefore he had the presence of mind to think about what he was doing).
    So, which one is a lie? They can't both be the truth.
    Did he fire by accident or did he fire on purpose?
    By the way, you still haven't told me where my argument is flawed - you just garbled about being things taken out of context. If you are going to disagree with people and tell them their arguments are flawed or wrong, at least tell them why.
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member

Woud have to back at the beginning and re-listen to everything with a fresh and current evidentiary mindset… but I'm not up to it.

Aww no, don't give up! Boots on the ground and all that!

The great thing about the legal matters is everything is always arguable (apart from the unarguable undisputed facts of course ;-):p:D). You are a stalwart of the thread and I would miss you - you are the only one who always responds to me.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond my capabilities I'm afraid..........I've only just mastered screaming like a girl

the woman who screamed in Court,.............um............well...........that was just ridiculous asking her to do that, just sit there and scream,,,,,,,,ok,,,,,,,,desperate from Defence, Roux is reaching isn't he. The bang sounds were daft enough from the prosecution but at least there was a point, that there was a gap between hearing the gunshots. I thought I was hearing things when that lady sort of 'shrieked ' as if she'd seen a mouse run across the Courtroom - daft.
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    I don't think we are going to agree on this point but if you would like to post a link to where this was said I will willingly look at it again. It did start from a misunderstanding which was widely replicated in the media but it was a mistake.

I think this is the bit I had in mind, porky, but its more subtle than I thought at the time

About 54s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS2ca9adoe0

ETA forgotten link :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who sets their clock slow - fast, i'd understand, but slow ?????????/
    Are these people deaf and nuts ?
    They all go to bed at 9pm too, sleep with windows, door open, have dogs that don't bark, Are irritated when they hear a woman screaming, and just want to go back to bed
    They hear gunshots and put pillows over their heads, and ignore it !
    jeeeez, glad I don't live there !

yes, a very "early to bed" country.. the young sounding one this week, I forget who now, said she went to bed aat 8.30!! we have hardly finished our meal by then after husband getting home from work.... and she was shaking etc. etc. hearing it all, went back to bed...but did not phone anyone, I find that odd.....
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »

That was the only thing they did say right. Him and Oldwage are the new Laurel and Hardy :D

Also Roux should be chastised for all the delays. His getting away with murder :blush: :kitty:
  • Whatabout...Whatabout... Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Still got my teeth for now, and hair. Although I'm tearing it out bit by bit as the trial goes on!

:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes you can be telling then truth because you can be taken out of context, be talking about a slightly different event, make a mistake, get confused, have your words misrepresented, misunderstand the question or just use a word to ema one thing when it means another. People are always mispeaking and being misunderstood.
    I'm not arguing that he is telling then truth, just that we don't have good evidence yet that he is guilty of murder,

Right, so when op says that before he knew what was happening he had fired the gun (4 times as we all know). You don't fire 4 times by accident.

Next thing we know he said to Nel that he didn't fire a warning shot at the supposed intruders because it would have ricocheted and hurt himself (therefore he had the presence of mind to think about what he was doing).
    So, which one is a lie? They can't both be the truth.
    Did he fire by accident or did he fire on purpose?
    I agree, spot on teresa
    Accident or Intent ? ? OP didn't even know which one it was as he was scared of the consequences of saying what he did - 4 bullets..............that's INTENT ! no question.
This discussion has been closed.