Is Louis Smith gay or asexual?

Comments

• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    A famous man talked about on Digital Spy who is straight? That would be impossible. Every famous man is gay. Even if they're happily married with kids. See the In The Closet Gay thread if you want to know what I mean.
    what's special about the closet? Do the hangers in there have a 'special' shape?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should be 'asexual' why exactly...?
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Why this question?
    Some gossip about him in the press or something.
    I thought he had a lady in tow.
    Why indeed!!
    It is tiresome - why does nobody ever ask if someone is hetrosexual?

If a gay person is talked about in a newspaper article it is always said "Gay so and so..."

It is never "Hetrosexual so and so.."

Why this fascination with what sexuality people are?
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Why do the gays on here want practically every young male celeb to be gay.

Fs lol!!

I say this as a gay guy as well!

You'll never hear a gay man say ''Did you hear the gay rumours about James Cordon?'' It's always the likes of Zac Efron, Taylor Lautner - even Harry Styles.

It's like picking a sports team - if you could choose, you'd want the ''fittest'' on your team.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »
    Why indeed!!
    It is tiresome - why does nobody ever ask if someone is hetrosexual?
    People are generally assumed to be heterosexual until they say otherwise.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »

Don't you mean until we say otherwise. They don't need to step out the closet, we'll drag them out, even if we have to push most of them in in the first place.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll never hear a gay man say ''Did you hear the gay rumours about James Cordon?'' It's always the likes of Zac Efron, Taylor Lautner - even Harry Styles.

It's like picking a sports team - if you could choose, you'd want the ''fittest'' on your team.

Tripe. I don't remotely fancy Louis Smith, but I still think he gives off a strong gay vibe. Likewise, I would have laughed in the face of anyone who seriously contended Tom Daley was straight before he came out (as even 'bisexual'), but I don't fancy him either. Conversely, there is a myriad of male celebrities I do fancy that I don't speculate for one minute are secretly gay or at least bi.

And I would add, it's worth noting that James Cordon (and several other non-'twinks') have been cited multiple times in the 'who's in the closet' thread. But I wouldn't like to let the record itself get in the way of some folk's remarkably het-up little rants about 'everyone's gay according to DS' and the like now. :)
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Don't you mean until we say otherwise. They don't need to step out the closet, we'll drag them out, even if we have to push most of them in in the first place.

Who is "we"?
    Forum Member
    Well why don't we leave it at assuming and let everyone carry on with their lives in the way they wish.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect he likes a bit of everything.

Don't we all? :)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »
    I was very confused, I thought this was a thread about the man from Pineapple Dance Studios.

thats Louie Spence and he is gay :)
    Forum Member
    Well why don't we leave it at assuming and let everyone carry on with their lives in the way they wish.

That's generally what happens, but why should we assume anything about people's sexuality?
    Forum Member
    That's generally what happens, but why should we assume anything about people's sexuality?
    I don't. I have no idea why some people do.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    He should be 'asexual' why exactly...?

Maybe people think that because he once said he'd rather spoon with a girl than have sex.
    Forum Member
    I don't. I have no idea why some people do.

I suppose it's convenient to assume that someone is heterosexual, as in most cases you will be right!
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    He has something very very gay about him, but then so have most gymnasts.

My husband used to the 6th best gymnast in London, we're talking 1960's here, and after 2 ex wifes, live in fling thing, seven kids and me, wife number 3, I still haven't found the 'gay something' about him yet, give it another week though and who knows.......
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    That's concrete evidence he's a proper gay round these parts.

The sad thing is, this isn't even a joke. They really do don't they.
    I suspect he likes a bit of everything.

Don't we all? :)

Nope. ;-)
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Does it bloody well matter?!

He's remarkably talented and seems very nice. Keep up the good work Louis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I think he's gay but what I don't get is in this day and age why pretend not to be.Dont think anyone would care if he came out.
  • Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's gay but what I don't get is in this day and age why pretend not to be.Dont think anyone would care if he came out.

Maybe he doesn't want to come out because he's not gay? Not sure why you can chastise him for something when you don't even know if it's true.

It would be like saying that you think he supports Manchester United but he's not shown any public interest in them in the past, and you feel like he's living a lie by not denying it and making people think he supports Chelsea.

It just doesn't make any sense to make such judgements based on pure speculation/assumptions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    I really like him, I think he is talented and seems to enjoy life.

The question is so `outdated` as to be irrelevant>:(
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But why do you think he is gay? There is no reason to think that at all. Now suspecting someone is gay is fine though often the reasons given are laughable, but insisting someone is gay and lamenting them hiding their sexuality is just bizarre :confused:

Louis has had girlfriends in the past and says he is straight. Who are you or anyone else to say he is lying without any kind of proof?

Some people here just suspect and as I say, nothing wrong with that. But some posters obsession with insisting everyone is gay and is clearly lying when they say they art straight or bisexual even though they have no receipts or reason to think this is odd and insulting. Not because there is anything wrong with being gay, but because you are assuming someone is living a lie.

Mathew Mitcham made some brilliant comments recently about people who said they "knew" Tom Daley was gay. I suggest everyone here look them up, he made so many excellent points.
  • spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    I really like him, I think he is talented and seems to enjoy life.

I can't stand him and that awful haircut. Nevertheless he's a good gymnast.
  • K2kK2k Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I got a gay vibe from him so I asked my fiance who went to high school and college with him.

Apparently there was no evidence either way (e.g. he didn't appear to date anyone). I did hear a story about kids calling him names because of his long arms though!
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, would be very shocked if he isn't gay

As for the nonsense about people only thinking Tom Daley, Taylor Lautner etc are gay because they fancy them. Utter bullshit.