• Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do believe the doctor at the hospital is the original fletch the letch
  • Options
    Damon_JacksonDamon_Jackson Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    That was THE best episode of Wentworth. HANDS DOWN. I literally had to stop it half way through the fight scene, it was too intense. I was literally shaking.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

OMG was it? I will have to watch again. I do love how they keep these little nods to the original series.

Ok so shock over with! this was an amazing episode and my fave so far.

First up Kelly Bryant! :eek: if this character is Nu Judy then its so not what I expected (pissed she ain't American tbh! they better never bring Chrissie in if she isn't a cockney tart! lol ) I suspect whatever she knows about Joan is going to help Fetch.

Lynne. Obviously wants to get pregnant. Funny how she called Fetch ****ed up when its her who isn't right in the head.

Queen Bea!!! what can I say. I loved how brutal the fight was and the shock on all their faces when she starting slashing her wrists! :o I loved the body amour. Lucky Bea used her brains. That's why she is always one step ahead of Franky.

And speaking of being one step ahead. I loved the sheer look of disgust on Joan's face when she realised Bea had played her! :D I'm gutted it ends next week. Too long for season 3!!! :cry:
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Wow. That was incredible.

Queen Bea all day long. Franky is frankly done.

Bea played them all, even poor old Lizzie sat in her lonely halfway house with a gun lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG was it? I will have to watch again. I do love how they keep these little nods to the original series.

Ok so shock over with! this was an amazing episode and my fave so far.

First up Kelly Bryant! :eek: if this character is Nu Judy then its so not what I expected (pissed she ain't American tbh! they better never bring Chrissie in if she isn't a cockney tart! lol ) I suspect whatever she knows about Joan is going to help Fetch.

Lynne. Obviously wants to get pregnant. Funny how she called Fetch ****ed up when its her who isn't right in the head.

Queen Bea!!! what can I say. I loved how brutal the fight was and the shock on all their faces when she starting slashing her wrists! :o I loved the body amour. Lucky Bea used her brains. That's why she is always one step ahead of Franky.

And speaking of being one step ahead. I loved the sheer look of disgust on Joan's face when she realised Bea had played her! :D I'm gutted it ends next week. Too long for season 3!!! :cry:

It was that lovely voice he has made me realise it was him.
    totally agree I do think Lynne has more than one person in there with her.
    maybe this series Kate Peterson?

Bea really is doing the legacy proud now. But think its pretty clear how lizzie goes back inside :( that did shock me how Bea treated both Lizzie and Doreen I know the Original bea could be a right hard cow.

that was by far one of the best fight scenes ever, God help that when Channel 5 finally get round to showing this series its going to get cut to ribbons (no pun intended) :blush:

so the Freak came from the Dreaded Blackmoor.. remember how all the Original cast used to mention that place..once you went you never returned :D
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    One of the most intense episodes of television I've ever seen :o

Sooooo worth the two-season build up. Bea is just fantastic. Looked forward to this episode all day in work and it did not disappoint. Will do a proper write up when I've watched it 39859 more times and got my head around how perfect it was :D:D
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a cracking episode!! The (very brutal!) fight was fantastic. Great to have a mention of Blackmoor.

Also good to see that the cute nurse is okay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depending on how next week ends I actually wonder if Bea might start off season three in Blackmoor before being transferred back to Wentworth. That way Bea is able to gather info on Joan before her return because Joan is really going to be pissed at Bea for what she has done!
  • Options
    2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    I imagine Joan is going to need a new Top Dog now that Bea has outmanoeuvred her. Time for a new character? (maybe next season).

I can't see Liz ever forgiving Bea if she ends up back inside because of her.
  • Options
    petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Not just one of the best episodes of Wentworth last night but one of the best episodes of any drama series for a long time. Edge of the seat stuff, the fight between Franky and Bea lived up to all expectations. Now Bea has escaped she will go after Braydon, but Lizzie will put her parole at risk by helping her. Be interested to see what Franky will be like when Bea gets back now that Bea has deposed her. Just seen the trailer for the season finale and it looks great. Hope we won't have to wait too long for series 3.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    peteblue wrote: »
    Not just one of the best episodes of Wentworth last night but one of the best episodes of any drama series for a long time. Edge of the seat stuff, the fight between Franky and Bea lived up to all expectations. Now Bea has escaped she will go after Braydon, but Lizzie will put her parole at risk by helping her. Be interested to see what Franky will be like when Bea gets back now that Bea has deposed her. Just seen the trailer for the season finale and it looks great. Hope we won't have to wait too long for series 3.

I agree. Best TV drama on the box at the moment. Wentworth can definitely hold its head high with competition from the UK and the US. I thought it was the best episode yet. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The episode was tense and terrifying and the acting and writing was utterly superb.

Poor Liz! I hope she doesn't end up back inside because of Bea! I'm looking forward to the season finale, but on the other hand, I'll miss my weekly fix. Season 3 can't come soon enough!
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Liz is going to end up back inside whatever way. My prediction though is that Bea tries to shoot Brayden and Liz is hidding looking on. Cops come in she ends up dropping the gun and the police get her. Brayden says some stuff about her daughter, Liz picks up the gun and shoots Brayden.

We will see though what an amazing show
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Interested to see how they do any potential escape that's coming up, expect Bea will get out and after the fuss they made with prisoners who have their wrists slit not being allowed to be cuffed, I think that could be an indication as to how they could do it. Bea so desperate to get out and get revenge that she slices her own wrists to get taken to the hospital where she can escape due to not being cuffed (noticed she was also in the background of the scene when Fletcher was told he wasn't allowed to cuff her due to her cut wrists). Think that's looking like the most realistic way of getting it done and will add to the character greatly, showing she's willing to go to any lengths to get her revenge.

Said that after the first episode, went exactly that way but even better than expected with the way they executed everything.

The writing his been outstanding. They've built everything up for that one massive moment and it delivered probably even better than anybody could of expected. Final 10-15 minutes were immense. It's not just the big moments that are delivering though, just the entire show in general. Almost all of the acting has been awesome, the Fletch scene with him going crazy in the shower block was brilliant.

Really interested to see what they gear us up for in terms of Season 3 with this finale. Interested to see if she kills Brandon but also her husband as well. Everything is just set perfectly for next season, everything changed with that one scene between her and Frankie. They've done an amazing job with this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Think Liz is going to end up back inside whatever way. My prediction though is that Bea tries to shoot Brayden and Liz is hidding looking on. Cops come in she ends up dropping the gun and the police get her. Brayden says some stuff about her daughter, Liz picks up the gun and shoots Brayden.

We will see though what an amazing show

That would certainly be a twist!

I echo everyone else about the quality. Do BAFTA do an award for international dramas? because Channel Five really need to put this show forward. Its a shame being pushed away on Cable means it missed out on winning a Logie. If they don't win next year it will be a disgrace.

Also some good news. They are looking for a new set. So the concerns about Season Three being the last can be put to bed. We have got Wentworth for a few more years yet.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top stuff! What a brutal fight.

I love that Bea has played the Freak. I hope she kills Braden bfoee she gets caught.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Interested to see if she kills Brandon but also her husband as well.

Good point about her husband. The original Bea got released from prison and went straight home to shoot her husband. Imagine if we're all sitting around getting giddy about how fearsome Bea will be when she finishes Brayden and the producers amp it up even further by turning her into a totally ruthless triple murderer :o

I always remembered the scene in PCBH after Bea shot her husband and was returned to prison and Vinegar Tits (I think) took great pleasure in taking a tyrannical Frankie out front to see her coming off the van. I'd love a redux of this scene at some point - Frankie not learning her lesson and getting worse than ever because she thinks Bea's gone for good only to have the shits put up her when she gets marched back into Wentworth :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    Good point about her husband. The original Bea got released from prison and went straight home to shoot her husband. Imagine if we're all sitting around getting giddy about how fearsome Bea will be when she finishes Brayden and the producers amp it up even further by turning her into a totally ruthless triple murderer :o

I always remembered the scene in PCBH after Bea shot her husband and was returned to prison and Vinegar Tits (I think) took great pleasure in taking a tyrannical Frankie out front to see her coming off the van. I'd love a redux of this scene at some point - Frankie not learning her lesson and getting worse than ever because she thinks Bea's gone for good only to have the shits put up her when she gets marched back into Wentworth :D

Yes it was.

From 16 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47SaEYpVNqY

:D
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnosss wrote: »
    I really enjoyed seeing Bea taking on Boomer, that was a great moment showing that she could well and truly handle herself now. It actually reminded me of her Xena: Warrior Princess days.

Some things do seem to be getting rushed or overlooked though. It would be better to spend a bit more time on something or achieve the result a different way. I actually felt like I had missed an episode when I watched episode 10.

Me too. I thought that the motorcycle hit and run would be a pivotal story event. Thinking back, it didn't seem to serve much of a purpose, except to show that while Ferguson wanted to cause trouble for Jackson, she would not be happy unless it was she who was personally in charge of causing it/or that he was part of a larger scheme. So she bailed him out, but then continues to put him in jeopardy anyway.

Derek Channing returned suddenly. But then departed again straight away. Hardly seemed worth it.
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news they are looking for a new set. Also, that is good news as new soap sets usually mean big soap fires to explain the changed appearance.

The most recent episode with the bloody laundry battle was stunning. Franky is one of my favourite characters but her personality is getting hard to understand.

Jess Warner is an interesting one; and Fletch's hysterical episode in the shower block was devastating.

Doreen (with baby on the way) is another fave and the actor in the role is great. Liz is on paper a bit of a boring character (trying to be nice most of the time) but her portrayer Celia Ireland is amazing which actually makes Liz's scenes engrossing. The episode where she goes to the halfway house was brilliantly done even though technically those events were relatively mundane.

Also I am pretty sure this is the building they use to represent the half way house: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/293%2F291-293+Albert+St,+Brunswick+VIC+3056/@-37.768617,144.959919,3a,90y,355.97h,97.27t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1ssY-v6CVGIahqmQULjKRYHA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ad65cb34046cdcb:0xaf18b20db3b98bfb!6m1!1e1
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

It wasn't as Gerard Maguire is not bald for a start

here is the finale trailer..you can check the credits too of ep 11
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22dvfh_wentworth-season-2-episode-12-finale-trailer_shortfilms
  • Options
    GazDublinGazDublin Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I can only echo everyone's comments about how Ep 11 was the most gripping yet.

Kelly Bryant at first, like many, had my "is this going to be a rework of Judy Bryant"... But then I thought no, no, no, surely not.

But when Vera brought her to see Joan for a discreet chat... Did anyone else see the reminder winks, writers where given us Prisoner Cell Block H fans?
    The stair-case, boiler room door, brick walls? The scene reminded me of Judy Bryant's girlfriend Sharon Gilmore found dead.
    Pre haps like a poster recently said, Bea will end up in Black Moore for a certain amount of time in Season 3. There she may meet a certain Officer Steward who just so happens to be a good old friend of Joan from working together in the past and this Kelly Bryant Prisoner knows something that happened
    29 years ago they where involved in.

And yes I agree. Unlike poor old Lynne, Jess Warner may be guilty of some form of child abuse and it will come out in seas on 3 with Doreen ' s baby.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Bea goes to Blackmoor, I want to see Cynthia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GazDublin wrote: »
    I can only echo everyone's comments about how Ep 11 was the most gripping yet.

Kelly Bryant at first, like many, had my "is this going to be a rework of Judy Bryant"... But then I thought no, no, no, surely not.

But when Vera brought her to see Joan for a discreet chat... Did anyone else see the reminder winks, writers where given us Prisoner Cell Block H fans?
    The stair-case, boiler room door, brick walls? The scene reminded me of Judy Bryant's girlfriend Sharon Gilmore found dead.
    Pre haps like a poster recently said, Bea will end up in Black Moore for a certain amount of time in Season 3. There she may meet a certain Officer Steward who just so happens to be a good old friend of Joan from working together in the past and this Kelly Bryant Prisoner knows something that happened
    29 years ago they where involved in.

And yes I agree. Unlike poor old Lynne, Jess Warner may be guilty of some form of child abuse and it will come out in seas on 3 with Doreen ' s baby.

Yep it was all too much of a coincidence so I defo think she is New Judy.

Bea being in Blackmoor for a while is too good chance to miss. I hope it happens.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it been said if Blackmoore is in Melbourne or not in this show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't as Gerard Maguire is not bald for a start

here is the finale trailer..you can check the credits too of ep 11
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22dvfh_wentworth-season-2-episode-12-finale-trailer_shortfilms

Omg how freaky is that the doctor sounds exactly like him :D