Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deanz0rz wrote: »
    I don't think she'll EVER sing lovebird again. Trouble instead surely

But Lovebird did well in Portugal, didn't it? They even used it in the promo video
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    But Lovebird did well in Portugal, didn't it? They even used it in the promo video

The radio promotion used Lovebirds and the TV promo used Bleeding Love/Better in Time/Run.

And yes she's getting all kinds of promotion (radio, newspaper full page and TV) :p
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's more to do with her opinion of the song, rather than how well it did. I'm sure more people would be there to see her do her 'big' hits over LB. She just seems to dislike the song, I mean she cut it from her tour setlist lol. :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She was sick and really miserable promoting that song.. so please keep it away!

She can change it to "Naked" i don't mind! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zasxxx wrote: »
    She was sick and really miserable promoting that song.. so please keep it away!

She can change it to "Naked" i don't mind! :)

Oh yeah, definitely want to hear Naked again live! :D Same for Love Letter, Whatever it Takes, Take a Bow, Outta My Head :D Can't wait, hopefully Leona Portugal manages to record everything :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, definitely want to hear Naked again live! :D Same for Love Letter, Whatever it Takes, Take a Bow, Outta My Head :D Can't wait, hopefully Leona Portugal manages to record everything :)

Outta My Head only if she finishes it up like she did in Hong Kong! :D

I'll bring some footage, but i bet they will bring the whole concert or at least try!! :D
  • Options
    AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys! I'll go to the concert in Portugal, and when I bought the tickets online, they add me the rules of the concert. One of them is:

It's not allowed audio and video record without permission.

:/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys! I'll go to the concert in Portugal, and when I bought the tickets online, they add me the rules of the concert. One of them is:

Go ahead, you have my permission :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

True, but those look like generic rules. They can't control everyone specially on an open space like that!
    Go ahead, you have my permission :)

That made me laugh more than it should!

I was watching the greatest moments of Glassheart tour 2013 and... she must sing Broken again!! Its glorious!
    Wow she was crying in those last seconds of the video! Cute!
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    I actually really want Leona to do "Lovebird" so we can get a perfect performance of it. :cool:

I will die if she did "Shake You Up" and slayed it.

I can't wait for her rock in rio esque diva moves. I still think rock in rio is one of the best concerts Leona's done.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They have that at most venues, same with when she did the summer shows last year. And the venues for the tour. I wouldn't worry about it, just don't do it while security is near you aha :)
  • Options
    geraldbaezgeraldbaez Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    I actually really want Leona to do "Lovebird" so we can get a perfect performance of it. :cool:

I will die if she did "Shake You Up" and slayed it.

I can't wait for her rock in rio esque diva moves. I still think rock in rio is one of the best concerts Leona's done.

I agree! And Labrynth too! I wanna hear Can't Breathe again and Naked! :D

And about Leona's weight or women's weight in general: Soe, I think you're overreacting. I don't think what Greekfan said was offensive and I don't think he meant any harm. People see and think differently than you do, so you should keep that in mind. I personally do think Leona is a bit chubby these days. Do I mean that as a bad thing? Absolutely not. I think she looks natural, healthy, and happy judging by the airport pics (although I prefer her Spirit and Echo figure). She's not afraid to show her body. Either was she's beautiful. Basically, I don't think that what was said is offensive and it shouldn't cause any drama. I feel (and don't take this I heart) like you attack people on here if they say the slightest thing that you don't like. Let's remember that Leona is a human being (just like us) and not a god. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. The way you come across on this forum is with a sassy attitude at time because you feel like Leona can do no wrong and when ppl express their opinions, you attack them or try to get them banned or something. I wouldn't be surprised if you got mad at me for writing this, but I feel the need to speak my mind as you do too. And I'm not trying to start drama with my post. All I'm saying is to respect other people's opinions cause not everyone gonna agree with you all the time and you can't always change what ppl think.

No hard feelings :)
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    zasxxx wrote: »
    True, but those look like generic rules. They can't control everyone specially on an open space like that!

That made me laugh more than it should!

I was watching the greatest moments of Glassheart tour 2013 and... she must sing Broken again!! Its glorious!
    Wow she was crying in those last seconds of the video! Cute!

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't seen it before. :)

Memories :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geraldbaez wrote: »
    I agree! And Labrynth too! I wanna hear Can't Breathe again and Naked! :D

And about Leona's weight or women's weight in general: Soe, I think you're overreacting. I don't think what Greekfan said was offensive and I don't think he meant any harm. People see and think differently than you do, so you should keep that in mind. I personally do think Leona is a bit chubby these days. Do I mean that as a bad thing? Absolutely not. I think she looks natural, healthy, and happy judging by the airport pics (although I prefer her Spirit and Echo figure). She's not afraid to show her body. Either was she's beautiful. Basically, I don't think that what was said is offensive and it shouldn't cause any drama. I feel (and don't take this I heart) like you attack people on here if they say the slightest thing that you don't like. Let's remember that Leona is a human being (just like us) and not a god. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. The way you come across on this forum is with a sassy attitude at time because you feel like Leona can do no wrong and when ppl express their opinions, you attack them or try to get them banned or something. I wouldn't be surprised if you got mad at me for writing this, but I feel the need to speak my mind as you do too. And I'm not trying to start drama with my post. All I'm saying is to respect other people's opinions cause not everyone gonna agree with you all the time and you can't always change what ppl think.

No hard feelings :)

Have you actually read everything? Like I said for the 1921927th time, it isn't about opinion and it definitely isn't about Leona.

First of all, I didn't "attack" Greekfan because he said something I don't like. He replied with, what you call, a sassy attitude: "You never fail to amuse me.", and then he insulted Libbyliz and me. I have never insulted him nor did I attack him with a sassy attitude.

Secondly, the whole thing wasn't about: "No, Leona isn't chubby, she's superslim gtfo with your negativity". No, I've never said anything about his opinion on Leona's weight. It was pure about the way he talks about women.

It's kinda hypocrite you're saying I should respect people's opinion, yet you can't deal with my opinion.
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always hated the lovebird performances. That song really needs great and energetic vocals live to sound good but the way Leona sang them was so lifeless and lazy sounding (I know she was ill though).

Re her weight: I dunno why people are even talking about it now because to me she's looked exactly the same since the release of "Trouble" in 2012. Maybe she's up and down a few pounds here and there but even then maybe not, a fitted dress and heels can make a girl look slimmer and baggy jeans and a loose t shirt can make someone look bigger. She has lovely bone structure though so she looks good at any weight!
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Spirit I want Leona to perform:

Bleeding Love
    Run
    Take A Bow

From Echo I want Leona to perform:

Happy
    Can't Breathe
    Love Letter
    Don't Let Me Down
    Naked

From Glassheart I want Leona to perform:

Come Alive
    Glassheart
    Shake You Up
    Fireflies
    Sugar

Covers:

Hold On, We're Going Home
    Chandelier
  • Options
    AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love that her next album is called 'Attitude' and that this album title symbolizes that she has returned in grand style and with attitude to fight for the album, without letting it die as she did with "Glassheart".
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    @JustJared
    .@leonalewis & her boyfriend @dennisjauch are still going strong as a couple at LAX Airport! Pics here: http://jus.tj/31c

Just Jared always promote her :)
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love that her next album is called 'Attitude' and that this album title symbolizes that she has returned in grand style and with attitude to fight for the album, without letting it die as she did with "Glassheart".

I want her to keep with the one word titles, I'd quite like Phoenix.
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want her to keep with the one word titles, I'd quite like Phoenix.

I don't really know what kind of album title I want, I like the one word titles, but I wouldn't mind a self-titled album this time around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    27k more likes and she has 6 million, I wonder if she'll do something
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm praying that leona performs my hands!
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A self-titled album would be dull.

I want Leona to call her next album Monarchy.

It represents sustainable power, timelessness plus I can't think of an album with that title.
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    A self-titled album would be dull.

I want Leona to call her next album Monarchy.

It represents sustainable power, timelessness plus I can't think of an album with that title.

I agree, it really bugs me when someone self-titles their album when it's not their debut. Glassheart is her best album title, conjures up so much imagery.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    The tracklist for Amy Lee's first solo studio album is out and a song called Dark Water is included. Made me realise how much I need some Leona leaks in my life right now
This discussion has been closed.