Ella Henderson - Glow

jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
Forum Member
✭✭
It's here guys :).

Ella Henderson - Glow: http://youtu.be/DKRRg150OYU

Sounds like another number 1 to me. I love it :D.

Comments

• scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as good as Ghost but still decent
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I have to say, I was not a fan of Ella at all on the x factor.
    But I am loving both her tracks. I have surprised myself .
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always hard to deliver a good song when the previous one was so good. It will either be crap or half as good. This is half as good based on one listen. Sounds more like an album track and not as a song to help lead to the eventual release of the album. Her vocals sound really half arsed.

I could imagine Leona singing this.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always hard to deliver a good song when the previous one was so good. It will either be crap or half as good. This is half as good based on one listen. Sounds more like an album track and not as a song to help lead to the eventual release of the album. Her vocals sound really half arsed.

I could imagine Leona singing this.

Totally disagree that her vocals sound "half arsed," whatever that means. The good thing is people will hear this after the success of Ghost. I think it's a better song overall but not as catchy.
  • qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like an Ellie Goulding song covered by Leona Lewis.

A #6 smash.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    Yeah I have to agree Ghosts was such a fantastic debut single. Glow doesn't have the same spark that Ghosts did. Even the chorus, despite being rousing, still seems a little bit flat and forgettable.

Maybe a grower but after one listen it hasn't grabbed my attention in the same way Ghosts did.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to it twice and still hasn't grown on me. Ghost hit me instantly and I loved it but Glow seems like it should just be an album track.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it, I think it's just as good as Ghost. I reckon it will do quite well on the charts- should get at least in the top 10.

Hope the album does well, Ella is very talented.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as instant as 'Ghost' but still a really good track.

I've been impressed with what I have heard so far. She's an incredibly talented young woman.