Options

People walking out the cinema?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone seen this happen or have you done it yourself, the only time i've seen it was a when watching 'Diary of the Dead' with a couple in front of saying loudly "this is sh*t, lets go" although to be honest I felt like doing so too but alas I didnt.

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Last century my father subjected me to a Superman double bill. I got bored quickly and asked to leave.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a couple of feminist looking people walk out 10 minutes into Borat - that amused me somewhat :)
  • Options
    Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walked out a few times - luckily, in a multiplex there is always another film starting in ten minutes time, so just go into that one instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think i've ever walked out. At todays prices, who can afford to.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Stowwy wrote: »

It depends where you go. My local cinema is 5 pounds. Cineworld is 8 pounds.

I can remember when the local cinema was 85 pence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pick cinema films pretty carefully anyway, so its always a good film or at least a film that deserves to be seen big screen
  • Options
    Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stowwy wrote: »

Cineworld is £8. For that £8 you can spend a whole day there - visit each screen one after the other, just nip to the toilets between one film ending and the next one starting. Twelve films for £8 - cheaper than renting a video. Except you'll get stung for the popcorn, sweets and hot dogs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the same at The Odeon but honestly after sitting in cinema for 2 hours (plus adverts and trailers), I never really feel like sneaking into another screen.

I'll watch movies in a row at home, or waste a day watching a whole series of a tv show but thats different I guess, can get comfy with tea and munch!
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I walked out of Da Vinci code, my biggest regret, was buying the ticket in the first place, I dunno what came over me? :D
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and 2 others walked out of Johnny English - Worst. Film. Ever.

We also went to see Finding Nemo once, but went into the wrong screen. We sat down, watched Nemo and his father be reunited and then the credits rolled. We thought it was a short Disney film (despite the ticket price being the same) so we went and got food in a local takeout and then went home. It was only in the car that we realised we had a collective "D'uh!" moment and went into the wrong screen and had paid to see a film and watched the final 10 minutes of it. We laughed for ages!
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We only choose films we really want to see, so we've never walked out of the cinema. But we have walked out of the Theatre when a play we went to see was so boring, never went back after the interval.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was so close to walking out of the terminal, was such a boring film. Only reason me and my friend stayed was we had the whole screen to ourselevs so we were taking the mess out of the film and having a laugh.
  • Options
    thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never done it but when I saw The Passion Of The Christ a group of about six elderly people quickly left once the violence started.
    Also, I went to see Angels & Demons recently and a guy exclaimed 'I don't know what the **** is going on!' and walked out. The film had only been on about half an hour!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I went to see The Spirit quite a few people walked out. Didn't blame them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you allowed to just walk between cinema screens in cineworld after only paying for one film?
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done this once or twice myself - last time when Lord of the Rings was on in 2001. Strictly speaking no, but once you've passed the foyer into the screen area and your ticket's been taken, there aren't ever any staff 'on the door' at each screen to check what you've actually paid to watch to prevent multiple viewings.

Heck, there are never any staff available to walk into the screens periodically to tell the local muppets to shut up talking during the film!

As long as you discreetly avoid any staff, you'll get away with it.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are two films I can remember walking out of when I was young and foolish. The first was "Salo - or The 120 Days of Sodom". The second was "Eraserhead". I ended up watching them again on other occasions.

I've not walked about of a cinema for decades, but I often switch channels if I don't like what's on TV.
  • Options
    dandy liondandy lion Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    i wouldve walked out of drag me to hell but i was fast asleep .
  • Options
    SlaneSlane Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a man noisily stomping out of the cinema years ago when the word "cli*oris" was said in Shirley Valentine. Hilarious!
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I walked out of Elizabeth. I don't really like historical dramas, but my friend really wanted to see it. I gave it an hour but it wasn't my cup of tea. I waited for him outside with a bag of pick and mix :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I nearly walked out of Catwoman but for some reason the person I was with wanted to stay :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I've never walked out of a screening, but I think maybe that's because I'm too lazy. I can remember people going nucking futs during Pink Flamingos, Ôdishon and Slaughtered Vomit Dolls. I've noticed that it's common now for people to fuss about and storm out, which is one of the reasons I stopped going to the cinema. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't but I've seen people kick off and storm out - War of the Worlds and Dark Knight most recently. Too scary for their little darlings, well don't take 5/6 year olds to see 12 rated movies!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Me and 2 others walked out of Johnny English - Worst. Film. Ever.

We also went to see Finding Nemo once, but went into the wrong screen. We sat down, watched Nemo and his father be reunited and then the credits rolled. We thought it was a short Disney film (despite the ticket price being the same) so we went and got food in a local takeout and then went home. It was only in the car that we realised we had a collective "D'uh!" moment and went into the wrong screen and had paid to see a film and watched the final 10 minutes of it. We laughed for ages!

lol :D pretty much sums up the film in a nutshell anyway. I've done something similar actually, my friend got the film times for The Grudge from the wrong cinema, but as there was a later showing they still sold the tickets to us. We walked into the screen that was showing it and I did wonder why we were getting some odd looks - then 15 minutes later, the film ended... I was very confused too, until my friend gave me a sheepish look and explained what he'd realised he'd done ;)

Always wanted to walk out of a film, I've seen plenty that I've willed with all my might to end as soon as possible (and they're always the ones that drag on forever). To be fair, once you've paid for the ticket and you're not enjoying it, you've wasted your money anyway, you might as well not waste your time too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    *-ant-* wrote: »
    Are you allowed to just walk between cinema screens in cineworld after only paying for one film?
    Well obviously you're not allowed but it is so easy to do it without being seen.