This show is sick if Denise wins

1234568»

Comments

• ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. I don't think it's fair she gets attacked for having been in a musical. Kimberly has been in one and danced in Girls aloud for the last 10yrs. Dani has been to stage school and done musicals. Whats the difference?

Denise's eligibility was questioned in the press and on the opening show. DVO tried to play the public by pretending she wasn't a dancer at all. Now, if she'd just said she'd never done ballroom or latin before instead of the blatant lies ...... :rolleyes:
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a personality show. People will like / dislike / meh people they know of before and come up with first impressions on Show 1.

I dislike Denise because of her in your face ladette / towei show business personality. But I know nothing of and care to know nothing of Denise outside of show business. So I will find any excuse to justify my dislike of Denise (the show business personality) - ringer, teacher's pet ...

Lisa I also dislike as I find her personality loud and aggressive.

On the other hand I immediately liked Dani and Colin as they seemed like very nice people

Michael, Louis and Victoria I "knew" from The Olympics and Cricket so they were OK to better. Except Victoria my pre-show favourite is now slightly irritating for me.

The rest - Nicky, Fern, Jerry, Johnny, Richard, Sid, Kimberley, meh to slightly irritating.

So it is down to pure prejudice and first impressions on who I can relate to not analysis. That's show business.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the dancing though ?
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member

Are people dancing? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Denise is a great dancer, no doubt about that, but here attitude is a bit exhausting sometimes...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fancynancy wrote: »
    Are people dancing? :confused:

It's only on the periphery ? :)
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sure - but that only applies to those with a "like" or "meh" personality. I am on here when Denise and Lisa come on.

Anyway the dancing is 90 seconds per couple so 15 minutes per show.
    Forum Member
    It's only on the periphery ? :)

What like round the edges of the ballroom with no one in the middle? :confused:
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Dancing?

You forget the VTs and the ITT appearances and the features in the papers!
    Once they put you off with their 'antics' there's no going back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What like round the edges of the ballroom with no one in the middle? :confused:

On the periphery of awareness rather than vision. It's rare that a not fanciable celeb wins. If a little puny bloke was on, who looked like Mr Burns in The Simpson's but he was the most amazing dancer ever seen on SCD, he probably wouldn't win.
  • puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    miaviv wrote: »
    she dances well but she did before the show started so where is the progression ? Want someone who has worked their socks off and improved week on week to win really

I agree, she's an excellent dancer but was before she started. I prefer to see someone who appears at first to have two left feet but, show by show, progresses and improves and that's what makes a heartwarming show.
    Forum Member
    On the periphery of awareness rather than vision. It's rare that a not fanciable celeb wins. If a little puny bloke was on, who looked like Mr Burns in The Simpson's but he was the most amazing dancer ever seen on SCD, he probably wouldn't win.

Chris Hollins did. He had half the qualifications. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Hollins did. He had half the qualifications. :)

Ah yes...I'd thought of that but he was portrayed as a small furry animal I think so it might have cancelled out the lack of muscles, youth and desirability.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Like Fred Astaire, you mean? :eek:

He has all the qualifications :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Like Fred Astaire, you mean? :eek:

He has all the qualifications :D

Fred Astaire was 5ft 9. He would have looked a bit Mr Burns in the wrong light I think. No chance of winning :D
    Forum Member
    Ah yes...I'd thought of that but he was portrayed as a small furry animal I think so it might have cancelled out the lack of muscles, youth and desirability.

Hobbits aren't small furry animals - they're just liitle peeps with hairy feet.