Xbox at Gamescom 2014

Comments

• MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Say what you like but Xbox One has some brilliant exclusives on the way. TBH I've never known it to be so one-sided.

Like what?
    TR
    QB

both ordered. Not overly fussed by driving games btw. Need to see what other things I can get for my XBone!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did this guy on the Xbox stream just say retro games are in short supply at the moment?!?!

Where has he been? :o!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Did this guy on the Xbox stream just say retro games are in short supply at the moment?!?!

Where has he been? :o!

Oh god please not more of these 8/16 bit looking efforts!
  • Tictac2Tictac2 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    MS didn't show anything new, the only notable announcement was the Tomb Raider exclusive. Ohh and a 1TB console, here is an idea MS, why not make the drive replaceable...

Because it's easier to plug an external drive in and not have to re install all your games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What MS should do is sign up a big Japanese release as an exclusive, that way they might get better sales in Japan. Lost Odyssey was one of my favourite games of last gen.
    I suppose that would be an announcement better made at TGS though.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tictac2 wrote: »
    Because it's easier to plug an external drive in and not have to re install all your games.

What would be good is if MS allowed you to change the internal HDD and Sony allowed you to use external USB HDDs.

But sadly 'choice' seems a dirty word in the console business :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got finished watching and it looks like MS have finally hit it out of the park, its going to take something truly special for playstation to win this one

Lot of good games on show, Sunset Overdrive looks better the more they show, Tomb raider as an exclusive good move (I say on it in the main thread) Halo is Halo i'll get in for Halo 2 and check out the rest

Only one I'm slightly disappointed with is Quantum Break after all the hype its looking like a generic third person cover shooter where you can slow down time... that hasn't been done before a lot already, I'll still probably buy it though so not that big of a deal
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    What MS should do is sign up a big Japanese release as an exclusive, that way they might get better sales in Japan. Lost Odyssey was one of my favourite games of last gen.
    I suppose that would be an announcement better made at TGS though.

If this Tomb Raider deal goes well, I'd expect Square-Enix would be open to getting some big bundle of money to make Kingdom Hearts 3 exclusive, that would REALLY push things in Microsofts favour and also be hilarious to see the face of all the Sony sheep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    If this Tomb Raider deal goes well, I'd expect Square-Enix would be open to getting some big bundle of money to make Kingdom Hearts 3 exclusive, that would REALLY push things in Microsofts favour and also be hilarious to see the face of all the Sony sheep.

Why are you quite so hostile about owners of Playstations? Sheep?
    Forum Member
    Why are you quite so hostile about owners of Playstations? Sheep?

Not hostile, just think it's funny after seeing all these people buy a PS4 because of Sony's lies. Buying into a console on the basis of "We have some great things at some point", and going months of PlayStation fans being all "LOL CRAPPY XBONE, WE 1080P HERE!", Well, how that's 1080p version of Rise of the Tomb Raider doing? Oh wait. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not hostile, just think it's funny after seeing all these people buy a PS4 because of Sony's lies. Buying into a console on the basis of "We have some great things at some point", and going months of PlayStation fans being all "LOL CRAPPY XBONE, WE 1080P HERE!", Well, how that's 1080p version of Rise of the Tomb Raider doing? Oh wait. :p

I don't find people's disappointment funny. Strange sense of humour.
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't find people's disappointment funny. Strange sense of humour.

You're a bright spark, you already know the answer. After the better part of a year being kicked around online by smug PS fanbois it's understandable if some people in here are happier they're finally getting some sort of parity between the consoles, not that I condone chest beating or anything of the sort.

I guess you already knew this though ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a bright spark, after the better part of a year being kicked around online by smug PS fanbois it's understandable if some people are happier they're finally getting some sort of parity between the consoles.

I'm not a fanboy. Don't like the term either. I just find the whole thing a bit dispiriting frankly.

ETA: calling people 'sheep' is pretty insulting. (I know that wasn't you) Why not just cite your happiness without being rude?
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomb Raider exclusive to X1?? Noooooo! Oh hang on, I have the xbox one console sitting pretty, panic over.

Looks like MS have taken the gloves off, the big concern for Sony is, MS can afford to be extravagant.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're a bright spark, you already know the answer. After the better part of a year being kicked around online by smug PS fanbois it's understandable if some people in here are happier they're finally getting some sort of parity between the consoles, not that I condone chest beating or anything of the sort.

Its just a vicious circle. It could be argued that PS fans response to XB1s early issues are understandable given the way they got kicked around during PS3. It just keeps repeating and the sad thing is even if you don't care, its hard not to raise a smile when what you like gets the upper hand with something following the attacks that preceded it.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who's selling their PS4 now? :p

Why would i? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QB looks incredibly generic, and very much like a cross between infamous/dishonoured to me. though i'll probably still end up getting it. Seem to be getting most current gen games due to such a lack of them on both consoles.

What was that crap about indie games as well? I'm sick of them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QB looks incredibly generic, and very much like a cross between infamous/dishonoured to me. though i'll probably still end up getting it. Seem to be getting most current gen games due to such a lack of them on both consoles.

What was that crap about indie games as well? I'm sick of them!

I actually considered cancelling my QB pre order!
    I'm sick of 'some' indies. 8/16 bit homages I'm looking at you!
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member

I wonder if this is the beginning of SE eventually becoming a first party developer for MS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomb Raider exclusive to X1?? Noooooo! Oh hang on, I have the xbox one console sitting pretty, panic over.

Looks like MS have taken the gloves off, the big concern for Sony is, MS can afford to be extravagant.

The real concern needs to rest with MS they may have 'taken the gloves of' and sent a message but what if gamers just simple don't care, what if Tomb Raider fails as a X1 exclusive? where do MS go next? do you buy up another IP and risk losing even more money if that one doesn't sell either

This actual seems less like taking the gloves off and more being back into a corner throwing a punch and hoping it lands

That said, I'll be getting an X1 and this sweetens the deal for when I do get it but will it sweeten the deal for 5-10 million people who don't own an X1
    Forum Member
    Why would i? :confused:

Because of the lack of big games? I mean, if all you want are indies, then PS4 is great, but it looks like Sony has slipped up this year, they can''t even get DNLA or Media Features in the console! Microsoft have beat them in areas you'd expect Sony to be wise to, but nope, Microsoft keeps hitting it out of the park and slamming Sony face down.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    My one big wish would be for Microsoft to buy Capcom and if they want an in-road to Japan this is the way, especially since PS4 has been a huge failure over there.

I caught most of the Sony conference and it went as I expected. Sony are clearly in "profit mode" right now, things are tight and it shows. eg. where MS will get all their indie games out of the way in one showing, Sony will drag it on and introduce them one by one..then wheel out the multiplats..
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    1tb call of duty edition console.

Holy crap

http://i.imgur.com/8IMdPlu.png

How much? Are they mental?

The £349 Sunset Overdrive model I get, but an extra £80 for the 1TB COD bundle just isn't good value. I get that it's a special edition, but they need to be bringing their point-of-entry cost down, not up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of the lack of big games? I mean, if all you want are indies, then PS4 is great, but it looks like Sony has slipped up this year, they can''t even get DNLA or Media Features in the console! Microsoft have beat them in areas you'd expect Sony to be wise to, but nope, Microsoft keeps hitting it out of the park and slamming Sony face down.

I still dont get what you mean. MS also didn't announce many new IP, just like Sony. You seem deluded, and i'm now talking as an XBone owner, only buying these new games because there is such limited choice.

From what i saw MS were as much about Indies as Sony.
    Forum Member
    I still dont get what you mean. MS also didn't announce many new IP, just like Sony. You seem deluded, and i'm now talking as an XBone owner, only buying these new games because there is such limited choice.

From what i saw MS were as much about Indies as Sony.

But 2D has clearly stated, Microsoft didn't drag it out like Sony did, Microsoft shown us some other games and exclusives and dropped some big news on us, Sony didn't do that.