Options

Rita Ora's career is DONE

Comments

• Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good!

Hopefully chavvy crap like Jessie J and One Direction will be over soon so genuinely talented singers can get a chance to shine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn`t he cheat on a past girlfriend tho! (altho i know the numbers of hugely different)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan11 wrote: »
    Lol, college basketball :eek: What an achievement! - Sarcastic voice

in the US it actually really is, especially for a team like USC. if it were a D3 school, then maybe not.
  • Options
    Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Didn`t he cheat on a past girlfriend tho! (altho i know the numbers of hugely different)

Just checked, he cheated on Adrienne Bailson! Finally he's getting a taste of his own medicine.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    rbautz wrote: »
    I would say in Europe is this a description of a man on the bottom of the social (intellectual) ladder.

Indifferent if he graduating from a top business school

Well I'm from Europe too but we don;t know him here so had to google him too :p but bottom of the intelectual ladder is kinda harsh

I mean not ever tv presenter or model is dumb?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    Good!

Hopefully chavvy crap like Jessie J and One Direction will be over soon so genuinely talented singers can get a chance to shine.

yea, because jessie j isn't talented at all :rolleyes: <--that was extreme sarcasm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    in the US it actually really is, especially for a team like USC. if it were a D3 school, then maybe not.

Being runner-up on Dancing With The Stars is more of an achievement, and I doubt college basketball is that big in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being runner-up on Dancing With The Stars is more of an achievement, and I doubt college basketball is that big in the US.

i live here. college sports, well basketball and football are HUGE. i just had a friend get drafted to the seventy sixers after one year of college ball.

dancing with the stars is not a bigger achievement, especially not better than graduating from a top business school with over a 3.5 gpa
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least she had a career to start with. He's known for being called Kardashian, what an achievement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i live here. college sports, well basketball and football are HUGE. i just had a friend get drafted to the seventy sixers after one year of college ball.

dancing with the stars is not a bigger achievement, especially not better than graduating from a top business school with over a 3.5 gpa

Everyone has their own opinion......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has their own opinion......

how is a dancing show that lasts for a couple months anywhere near more successful than getting into and attending USC, one of the best schools in California, and passing their business program with flying colors?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how is a dancing show that lasts for a couple months anywhere near more successful than getting into and attending USC, one of the best schools in California, and passing their business program with flying colors?

DWTS certainly is more famous than attending some school.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I have seen him once on TMZ dumb and drunk running on a street 'till the police stopped him. Fine he was maybe clever but I would say the Yayo has killed his brain cells.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DWTS certainly is more famous than attending some school.

success and fame are two completely different concepts. now i see where the disconnect is.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita's career done because of this?

Nah I don't think so. All this will do is get Rob Kardashian's name in some British papers, and some Brits will have a clue who the flying hell he is for 20 seconds. A productive day for him I'm sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Rita's career done because of this?

Nah I don't think so. All this will do is get Rob Kardashian's name in some British papers, and some Brits will have a clue who the flying hell he is for 20 seconds. A productive day for him I'm sure.

And the same for her tbh where as he`ll get some attention from the British press, She`ll prob get some attention from the US media tbh
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Brown still has a career...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Chris Brown still has a career...

and how many albums has fortune sold? he claimed it is his best album to date, but he is already releasing another one soon. he hasnt even went gold in the US yet. his sales declined 67% in the second week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and how many albums has fortune sold? he claimed it is his best album to date, but he is already releasing another one soon. he hasnt even went gold in the US yet. his sales declined 67% in the second week.

It had zero promotion except for dance singles, F.AM.E. sold very well.

Back on topic, Rita was really struggling over there anyway and i think it will probably blow over after a few weeks. Maybe the extra publicity could help her :D
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All things considered, Rob is accomplished. He is a venture capitalist for a lot of startups and a business partner of Roc Nation. Very smart guy too, and if he wanted to, could have become a professional basketball player, as he was a good player at university.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    It had zero promotion except for dance singles, F.AM.E. sold very well.

Back on topic, Rita was really struggling over there anyway and i think it will probably blow over after a few weeks. Maybe the extra publicity could help her :D

F.A.M.E did great, then he threw a chair out of the GMA window. fortune actually had decent promotion in the US. Grammy performance, BET awards, every other awards show, radio play, mtv was behind him, his songs were in tv series this fall. people just didn't buy it and critics gave it harsh reviews. his tour is in the beginning of the year, i think so we will see how sales go
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F.A.M.E did

And the most pedantic post of the year goes to.. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    And the most pedantic post of the year goes to.. :D

i accidently hit submit :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    All things considered, Rob is accomplished. He is a venture capitalist for a lot of startups and a business partner of Roc Nation. Very smart guy too, and if he wanted to, could have become a professional basketball player, as he was a good player at university.

no way he would have gone pro. he's too short for the NBA.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Chris Brown's UK success has anything to do with him, but more people like his songs. I imagine most people dislike him as a person.