Simon Barlow is a great character

Comments

• mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    maisymoo wrote: »
    Nice attempt. But we all know his character has all the charm of a steaming pile of dogshite with a lollystick in it.
    I am being kind, there.

Pure poetry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Pure poetry

LOL! I am with you regards that ratfaced little turd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give it two years - he will then be recast as a 16 year old with a drug addiction... Yawns
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree he is such a star thank you JR_THELEGEND :)

I agree too.
    he's a traumatic life so far so he's entitled to be a bit stroppy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice attempt. But we all know his character has all the charm of a steaming pile of dogshite with a lollystick in it.
    I am being kind, there.

No you're not.
    Its a great character.
    You dont want kids that are good as gold all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What? He's more wooden than Dev. He is to acting what Stan Ogden was to hang gliding.

...and you are to comedy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    going to turn out just like grandad Ken Simon Barlow for PM .:p
    Forum Member
    leeruk wrote: »
    going to turn out just like grandad Ken Simon Barlow for PM .:p

Hardly. He'll be in Borstal within 6 months, mark my words.
  • Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has to be a joke right!?

He's a little demon brat. It doesn't matter if he did have a shit life he needs to get over it and grow the **** up. He lost his mother and got another one and could of had another in Carla and got his Dad back yet he still bitches and whines about nonsense.
    Forum Member
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    This thread has to be a joke right!?

He's a little demon brat. It doesn't matter if he did have a shit life he needs to get over it and grow the **** up. He lost his mother and got another one and could of had another in Carla and got his Dad back yet he still bitches and whines about nonsense.

Kirk - you are very welcome here
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Too right Mo, like the one in Scum. That'll serve him right for being an annoying little twerp.
    Forum Member
    Too right Mo, like the one in Scum. That'll serve him right for being an annoying little twerp.

Come one, come all
  • Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Kirk - you are very welcome here

Thank you mo :)

I just don't see how anyone can tolerate this child theres no excuse for his behaviour. Carla was the only one out of the lot of them to notice what he is and how evil he can be yet none of them have noticed.

He truly is the antichrist. Seeded from an alkie and raised by a bottom feeding ****.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you mean Simon Barlow is a Grate character
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kid is cute, but his character "Simon" is a pain in the azz, Let Roy clip him around the ear with one of his rolls, that'll sort him out!!! grrr...:P :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    The character is a complete ^^^^, and the "actor" who plays him hasn't got a clue.
    Just look at his eyelines when he is delivering his lines.
    All over the place!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He plays the part extremely well. Great young talent.

I actually disagree on this one. He's very precocious and "stage school" and not at all a natural.

The other young black lad (can't remember his name, but he was the son of the bald guy who had a brain tumour) was a far better actor.
  • EugenieEugenie Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    We are talking about the character not Alex. I don't get why Corrie write Simon as a, know it all spoilt brat with no manners.

Exactly.

I can totally understand the child has had a really difficult time and experienced thiings he should not have to at his age but there is still no need for bad manners. Or rather, if he is bad mannered, even if partly due to traumatic experiences, why does Leanne seem to encourage it? Even when talking to his headmaster, who has nothing to do with the family situation, he was incredibly rude and ignorant.

The adults have a lot to make up to him but they are letting him believe he is the absolute king who must not be crossed at any cost.

The result is an extremely unpleasant child.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    Thank you mo :)

I just don't see how anyone can tolerate this child theres no excuse for his behaviour. Carla was the only one out of the lot of them to notice what he is and how evil he can be yet none of them have noticed.

He truly is the antichrist. Seeded from an alkie and raised by a bottom feeding ****.

LOL! I feel like Beth from the factory who is cheering on Carla and Leanne when they had a fight!

Go on Kirk say it how it is! I hope he gets locked out one night - and the Meerkats eat him:D
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You people don't seem to realise, he's just a kid. Kids are fickle, they talk back and they're rude. Some kids are like that, it's not Simon's fault if he isn't told off, it's Leanne and Peters.

Also, Alex is a pretty good little actor for his age, imo.
  • axl roseaxl rose Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you remember when he (Alex) turned to Chris Gasgoyne at an awards event and could clearly be seen to say 'you was robbed' when Chris didn't get the award he was up for?
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cybersq wrote: »
    I dont have a problem,
    if you lot have kids you wount think they are brats but if your Looking in from the outside..

I have 2 and find him a vile obnoxious brat. These ridiculous storylines of him hopping on buses and navigating his way to airports does not do him any favours:mad:
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the writers, SL's fault making the actor respond to the awful situations he finds himself in. I think he reallydoes the job well.
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The character's a right little shit. Fantastic little actor though.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he eventually leaves the series, it will be to join NASA.