Options

Just finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was rubbish, too short, much worse than number 2 and the ending was atrocious :mad:

Has anybody else completed this game?

Comments

• Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    I thought it was good but too short I was getting ready for action just before credits rolled I nearly destroyed my ps3 controller.

I hope the third one comes out next year.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you really expect from a .5 game.

Not enough to brand the game 'rubbish,' probably.

Wait until AC3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i finished it awhile ago and found it to be brilliant. the game is as long as you like really as there are loads of side missions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Brotherhood number 3? With Ezio again? :confused: That's the one I've finished. i
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nuartey1 wrote: »
    Isn't Brotherhood number 3? With Ezio again? :confused: That's the one I've finished. i

Brotherhood is not number 3 is more l ike 2.5 so ubisoft could cash in little bit more money as 3 is not meant to be ready to 2012.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Brotherhood is not number 3 is more l ike 2.5 so ubisoft could cash in little bit more money as 3 is not meant to be ready to 2012.

Oh I see. ;) Either way, the game is terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it, big game for what is basically a 2.5.
    And the multiplayer isn't too shabby either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was rubbish, too short, much worse than number 2 and the ending was atrocious :mad:

Has anybody else completed this game?

You're confusing Brotherhood with AC1. I found both AC2 and Brotherhood to be great, and really addictive. Games thesedays do not hold my interest, but these are 2 that did.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't even played AC2 yet, let alone Brotherhood. AC1 put me off...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    AC1 was a slog of a game, AC2 was a lot more fun, AC2B is also fun but is quite different to AC2.

bug with AC2, no trophy for one memory yet I completed it
    bug with AC2B, I finished all the aquaducts but it says I have one to get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're confusing Brotherhood with AC1. I found both AC2 and Brotherhood to be great, and really addictive. Games thesedays do not hold my interest, but these are 2 that did.

I've played all of them - AC 1 with Altair and AC2 and AC2. 5 lol with Ezio. AC brotherhood (aka 2.5) is by far the worst. it seems to only take place in one city and the controls are more messy than ever.
  • Options
    tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    AC1 was one of the first games I played on Xbox and I loved it because the graphics were stunning, especially having only used a Wii, and it was unlike anything I'd played before, with near perfect controls and the climbing on everything was brilliant. I only played through it once, it's not one of those games I'd play through a couple of times like Mass Effect or even COD on the hardest difficulty.

AC2 was alright, just seemed like more of the same but I felt it dragged on for too long with too many pointless tasks to complete.

I've only just started Brotherhood so I can't have an opinion just yet. I've watched some of the multiplayer and it looks really awkward especially with points.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally disagree with the opening post i thought it was a fantastic game i loved every second of it. Only other game thats had me like that this year is Red Dead Redemption.

Easily one of the games of the year cant wait for next years installment.

Ending was also fantastic.

One of the posts above had it spot the first AC is the wrost after that they just get better and better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    Totally disagree with the opening post i thought it was a fantastic game i loved every second of it. Only other game thats had me like that this year is Red Dead Redemption.

Easily one of the games of the year cant wait for next years installment.

Ending was also fantastic.

One of the posts above had it spot the first AC is the wrost after that they just get better and better.

Agreed.

The ending was good but somewhat obvious to those who were paying attention enough to see it coming all along, they had pretty much been foreshadowing the 'brotherhood' ending for the entire game, plus the last two as well. :)

Multiplayer far exceeded my expectations too, not as polished as it can be - but still makes a nice change to all the generic shooter multiplayer games out there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just started AC2 (had to skip AC1 because of lack of subtitles :() but I'm finding it brilliant and really looking forward to AC Brotherhood after it then AC3 when thats out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I love the whole "More Freedom" that AC2B gives the player. Whilst you only have one city, you can make the city yours by upgrading the buildings. The side missions are always interesting: you still have the treasure hunts.

And I LOVE the whole recruitment idea.

Very addictive, even if I am only half way there. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

I've just finished it, and i disagree with all of your negative points.

You thought it was short? Seriously?!?!? Doing all the side missions (as opposed to rushing through the storyline) i've clocked up over 20 hours! The side missions were very rewarding and had storylines of their own, so if you skipped them then you're missing out on about half of the game.

Also, i think calling it Assassins Creed 2.5 is a bit of a disservice to it. It was just as good as ACII in my opinion, and the ending was better than ACII if anything. The end of ACII was just "WTF?", ACB at least ended on a decent cliffhanger set up for ACIII.

Fantastic game, just behind Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption in my favourite games of 2010.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I've just finished it, and i disagree with all of your negative points.

You thought it was short? Seriously?!?!? Doing all the side missions (as opposed to rushing through the storyline) i've clocked up over 20 hours! The side missions were very rewarding and had storylines of their own, so if you skipped them then you're missing out on about half of the game.

Also, i think calling it Assassins Creed 2.5 is a bit of a disservice to it. It was just as good as ACII in my opinion, and the ending was better than ACII if anything. The end of ACII was just "WTF?", ACB at least ended on a decent cliffhanger set up for ACIII.

Fantastic game, just behind Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption in my favourite games of 2010.

20 hours ? I completed everything in them game only clocked in about half that.

Ending was terrible and being called 2.5 is not complaint its what it is. Theirs going to be 3 games this not third and its not 2nd and not the 1st so its 2.5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    20 hours ? I completed everything in them game only clocked in about half that.

Ending was terrible and being called 2.5 is not complaint its what it is. Theirs going to be 3 games this not third and its not 2nd and not the 1st so its 2.5.

Well that's your opinion, but i kindly disagree. I may not have been called the third game, but it had all the content and story of a full game, that's what i was meaning when i said it's unfair to call it AC2.5. And yeah, 20 hours, but i guess i did take my time. I've got a friend who's on about the same time as me though, so it's no uncommon to take that long.

Why was it so terrible? What were you expecting?

The main storyline in Rome with Ezio was wrapped up nicely, the only thing left hanging was the 2012 stuff, but that was never going to be tied up in this game. You said yourself, it's not the 3rd game, it was hardly going to have an amazing ending that cleared everything up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Well that's your opinion, but i kindly disagree. And yeah, 20 hours, but i guess i did take my time. I've got a friend who's on about the same time as me though, so it's no uncommon to take that long.

Why was it so terrible? What were you expecting?

The main storyline in Rome with Ezio was wrapped up nicely, the only thing left hanging was the 2012 stuff, but that was never going to be tied up in this game. You said yourself, it's not the 3rd game, it was hardly going to have an amazing ending that cleared everything up.

The ending happened way to quickly it just felt so rushed.
    I was also very sad about it.

walking around with one hit kill weapon was also annoying.

They also had an amazing chance of visiting London and other countries or popular towns/city's. I don't think they can now. At least not in the past. Unless assassins creed 3 is massive. I think desmond would have to kidnapped to go back in the animus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think desmond would have to kidnapped to go back in the animus.

Over the credits we hear two male voices (not Shaun or Rebecca) talk about putting Desmond back in the Animus. Presumably he has been kidnapped or something.
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    I played AC1 when it first came out and wasn't completely blown away. I think I found the travelling a bit too dull. I never bothered with AC2 until someone let me have a go on their copy, and I was totally hooked. I thought it was a much better game. For some reason in AC1, I felt there wasn't much option with the stealth aspect when it came to doing those all important kills. It seemed a case of run in, make the kill then leg it with umpteen guards after you. AC2 improves on that a lot more I feel.

AC2.5 I'm playing at the moment and I'm enjoying this just as much, probably more than the 2nd. I love the little extras they've put into the game. I feel like I have to do the side missions more now. I'm not minding that it's in one city at all. My only gripe is that I'll have finished it soon.
  • Options
    richey4realrichey4real Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I found this game brilliant, although I think AC2 slightly edged it. Can anyone explain the ending to me because i got slightly confused!
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished with this game. Only thing I couldn't be bothered to do was get 100% sync in the tank mission (if anyone else has tried this you'll probably know why). As we've all come to expect from the AC series the ending is a boring set-up-sequel affair. I personally don't pay much attention to the story in the present time, it's pure nonsense imo.

It's true that AC Brotherhood is basically an expansion pack in disc form, but I enjoyed it none the less. One of the problems I had with the story is that the villain was very weak. (Slight spoiler) Ezio basically bullies him for a few years before finally putting him out of his misery. Hopefully AC3 has a more formidable antagonist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Adam David hooley the gay Zenon hos desmond miles jack kal desmond miles with the me babes Adam david hooley desmond mlies