Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I'm excited for both, although I admit I'm rooting for 4.0. much more, only because the backlash they got was unfair and overexaggerated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I hope this is true... I miss Heidi's voice to be honest. She's very underrated. Hope they avoid the Sweet 7 sexualisation; the sound was good, it was the image that was confused.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    http://m.soundcloud.com/musicispop/02-freedom-acoustic .. After hearing this yesterday, I really want a 4.0 reunion.. They were shot down before being given a chance simply because the media wanted to make a deal about no original members.. People need to remember that two of the three originals wanted to leave and quit at crucial times.. As much as I love the original line up and am excited for MKS, Heidi is the ultimate Sugababe for me, something about her addition worked and as mentioned above, she is underrated.. So what if she isn't an original, she stuck it out longer than two of them did and has been there the same amount of time as Keisha was

I don't care who is more successful, I just want two great vocal groups to put out more great music
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    http://m.soundcloud.com/musicispop/02-freedom-acoustic .. After hearing this yesterday, I really want a 4.0 reunion.. They were shot down before being given a chance simply because the media wanted to make a deal about no original members.. People need to remember that two of the three originals wanted to leave and quit at crucial times.. As much as I love the original line up and am excited for MKS, Heidi is the ultimate Sugababe for me, something about her addition worked and as mentioned above, she is underrated.. So what if she isn't an original, she stuck it out longer than two of them did and has been there the same amount of time as Keisha was

I don't care who is more successful, I just want two great vocal groups to put out more great music

Agree 100%... That acoustic is beautiful
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm mor excited for MKS their sound i have always enjoyed and loved and this snippet of what is to come has got me excited.

And whilst i agree Heidi is the 3rd babe proper (siobhan i love you but you left before they found themselves) i cannot see them as the sugababes without an original nor can i take to Amelle never have or even Jade.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its shame Heidi is so overlooked. Her voice is for me so much warmer and nicer than Siobhan's is. I think the Sugababes became a better sounding band when Heidi joined. She gave them that warmth. There is something very cold about Siobhan's tone. It works on sounds like New Year but not on anything else. Her voice is quite depressing. while Heidi's voice can be like sunshine. lol

This is my favourite ever Sugababes song. Not many will know it but it showcases Heidi beautifully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONDRQxHHa2M

They are lacking that now.

There is a reason line up one failed and line up two was successful. Work it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think its shame Heidi is so overlooked. Her voice is for me so much warmer and nicer than Siobhan's is. I think the Sugababes became a better sounding band when Heidi joined. She gave them that warmth. There is something very cold about Siobhan's tone. It works on sounds like New Year but not on anything else. Her voice is quite depressing. while Heidi's voice can be like sunshine. lol

This is my favourite ever Sugababes song. Not many will know it but it showcases Heidi beautifully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONDRQxHHa2M

They are lacking that now.

There is a reason line up one failed and line up two was successful. Work it out.

When Heidi joined, she brought warmth in both attitude and voice.. I remember the originals performing and seeing three girls looking miserable and uninterested.. When Heidi joined there was at least one member who the public could relate to, I remember when she used to look around and smile at Mutya when performing and get nothing back, in time she softened both Mutya and Keisha I think..

Her vocals are so underrated, seeing siobhan performing Freak was for me was like if I saw the current line up performing Overload, wrong.. I love Heidi on songs like Hole In The Head, PTB, Ugly and Caught In A Moment, like you say she was much warmer and I think soulful than siobhan ever was
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm excited for Sugababes 4.0's new music. Heidi has the best vocals in the group. She's more of a Sugababe than Siobhan was as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't wnat a Sugababes war, I wnat both bands to succeed.

To be honest the fact Heidi was so dismissed by people for what she brought to the band was terrible. She suddenly just became a replacement and she was never that. 2.0 are the golden years It was the management that sacked Keisha. Heidi and Amelle decided to walk away, so it must have been bad with Keisha.

I liked 4.0 doing Freedom and I really like sweet and Amazing, much better than most of the autotune vocals, they do not need.

I am looking forward to 1.1 but when they sang Freak Like Me, I was like Noooooooo where is Heidi!?!??!

As much as I like Jade, Amelle and Siobhan, it's Mutya Keisha, Heidi I want!
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The originals are back, Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan without whom there would be no Sugarbabes 4.0!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's be honest both bands have the chance to catch some success from the hype MKS are having. Sugababes 4.0 need to really sort it out, they have become a dull diluted version of what they once were. MKS NEEEEEED a good debut otherwise it's over straight away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    The originals are back, Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan without whom there would be no Sugarbabes 4.0!

And without Heidi, they could have ended up as a one hit wonder with Overload which wasn't even a massive hit.. As someone said above, the way Heidi became a replacement rather than a Sugababe in 2009 was wrong and as I've said, Siobhan and Mutya both QUIT the band and IMO lost any right to that name, Heidi has been a Sugababe for longer than both of them and the same amount of time Keisha was.. To me, only Keisha and Heidi deserve to be called Sugababes, neither have quit the group
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    While I agree that Hedi should not be overlooked I don't think her voice is that special she got very lucky and joined the band at a good time after Sioban left.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that MKS are going to knock it out of the park.
    At least we know they are working with amazing producers so my expectations are high
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Is Amelle not currently recording a solo album?
  • Options
    adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I think its stupid they some how become friends again after Siobhan made it clear that Keisha was horrible and made it hell for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #TeamMKS
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »
    I think its stupid they some how become friends again after Siobhan made it clear that Keisha was horrible and made it hell for her.

You should read that back to yourself.
    You are not suggesting that people should never forgive and makeup ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »

So what?? When your young you'll easily fight and fall out with people. They are obviously getting along now they are older and more mature.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh please, as if people here wouldn't kiss and make up if offered the right kind of money:rolleyes:
  • Options
    marcusgvmarcusgv Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    oh please, as if people here wouldn't kiss and make up if offered the right kind of money:rolleyes:

Cynic!
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    there is no war.... lighten up! Any true sugabes fan would welcome both to do their v best!
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And without Heidi, they could have ended up as a one hit wonder with Overload which wasn't even a massive hit.. As someone said above, the way Heidi became a replacement rather than a Sugababe in 2009 was wrong and as I've said, Siobhan and Mutya both QUIT the band and IMO lost any right to that name, Heidi has been a Sugababe for longer than both of them and the same amount of time Keisha was.. To me, only Keisha and Heidi deserve to be called Sugababes, neither have quit the group

Oh please, what a silly assumption. You make it sound like Heidi saved the Sugababes with her magical appearance. She was no more than a pretty face replacement because one of the original members wanted to quit. Heidi offers little to the current line up of the Sugababes, let alone the original one.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    While I agree that Hedi should not be overlooked I don't think her voice is that special she got very lucky and joined the band at a good time after Sioban left.

She may have joined the band at a good time but the band wasn't hugely successful until she joined (not saying they got popular because of her) Freak Like Me, Round Round and Hole in the Head were massive compared to Overload, New Year etc..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Oh please, what a silly assumption. You make it sound like Heidi saved the Sugababes with her magical appearance. She was no more than a pretty face replacement because one of the original members wanted to quit. Heidi offers little to the current line up of the Sugababes, let alone the original one.

One Touch: 200,000 copies
    AWDF: 950,000 copies

One Touch singles: 6, 12, 13, 30
    AWDF singles, 1, 1, 7, 11

I'm not saying she "saved the Sugababes" at all, I'm saying that with her inclusion came the commercial success whilst maintaining the critical success of the original line-up.. It's a shame that people who supported Heidi as part of the group that released 6 #1 singles, a further 9 top ten singles and six top ten albums automatically turned on her in favour of Siobhan who released one top ten single and one album that failed to even crack the top twenty