Options

Do You Live With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ?

barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Finally figured out what is up with me and would like to know how you cope with this, or anyone you care for ? any tips ? and what influence does caffeine have on it ?
thanks
B.

Comments

• Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    I thought I had this at one stage but turned out it was more limited to sleep issues. What kind of symptoms do you have personally? I'm no doctor, but assume you have been to them already? Again no expert but I doubt caffeine would be good for it. Exercise might be good once it gets underway? Sorry you're having to go through this.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes thanks , done the rounds of bloods,scan.neuro .Thought it was M/S at first - thank God it wasn't .
    I need to read up on it a lot more but there is no experience like someone has lived it .:)
    cheers
    B
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Yes thanks , done the rounds of bloods,scan.neuro .Thought it was M/S at first - thank God it wasn't .
    I need to read up on it a lot more but there is no experience like someone has lived it .:)
    cheers
    B

Well with my issues I feel I'm finally coming to the end of them now but it has felt quite impossible a lot of the time. Literally not really being able to do anything but the most basic, in your face activities every day. Any amount of concentration feels like the whole world is on my shoulders. I'd wish you well and say try to live things to the full - fight fight fight and definitely take up some exercise, anything where natural positive vibes can easily be produced.
    And remember, doctors aren't always right (especially the ones who can't really be arsed - I've met too many of them). A lot of exhaustion can come from underlying things you don't realise till it's too late - like the sleep, or not eating right, and maybe most of all stress! That one could seem to do what you'd never think of and literally destroy braincells in the short term.

Hope this helped in some random way.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    My husband was diagnosed with it over a year ago (had been ill for a year before this), his GP initially told us she was 90% certain he had myeloma so thank god it wasn't that! He takes 144 tablets per week and is never without pain (he has cfs and fibromyalgia). He was off work for more than 6 months last year but is back at work now (working nightshift of all things!) and has been trying for months to be put on dayshift due to his illness.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Finally figured out what is up with me and would like to know how you cope with this, or anyone you care for ? any tips ? and what influence does caffeine have on it ?
    thanks
    B.

My wife has been diagnosed as having this, on top of fybromyalgia and other things. She is due to begin one to one therapy to help her manage how she distributes her energy on a day to day basis, based on this book that she's already picked up and begun to work through, might be worth a look:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fighting-Fatigue-Managing-Symptoms-CFS/dp/1905140282/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380750672&sr=8-1&keywords=fighting+fatigue