The worst songs by your favourite artist(s)

2»

Comments

• CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie - Word is Out. Jesus, I despised that song from the off and it hasn't improved one iota imo!
  • AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    I love Blur, but apart from She's So High, Sing and There's No Other Way, their debut album is not particularly good. :D

What about Bang? Leisure's probably my favourite album of Blur's, well, maybe second favourite after Modern Life, but as much as I like Blur, I can't stand Country House. It sticks out like a sore thumb on The Great Escape and just sounds beneath them as a track. Everything else they've done shows they've always been capable of so much more than that.
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sister Sledge and not just the Chic productions but I detested 'Frankie' when I first heard it and feel the same now.

Many Diana Ross records are wonderful but "Chain Reaction" switches me right off. Same situation with "My Toot Toot" by Denise Lasalle.

Not my favourites but I enjoy a bit of Jefferson Airplane just fine... then I think of "We Built This City" by Starship. Criminal.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    I always hated Dancing In The Street with Jagger and Bowie. There's quite a lot of Rolling Stones stuff I'm not keen on (as well as a lot I am keen on) but it sticks out amongst Bowie's catalogue as a low point (for me). Granted the Tin Machine stuff was weak too but that song and video was just cringeworthy. I thought so at the time (very early memory) and still do.

And the Beatles can Ob Li Di Ob La Da off as well.
  • k4te89k4te89 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams

Lovelight
    Rudebox

Everyone hates 'She's Madonna' but I love it for some reason.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Pet Shop Boys and hate 'Give it a go'
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scrilla wrote: »
    I like Sister Sledge and not just the Chic productions but I detested 'Frankie' when I first heard it and feel the same now.

Many Diana Ross records are wonderful but "Chain Reaction" switches me right off. Same situation with "My Toot Toot" by Denise Lasalle.

Not my favourites but I enjoy a bit of Jefferson Airplane just fine... then I think of "We Built This City" by Starship. Criminal.

bib: I'm with you on this. And how ironic that it became a UK number 1?!
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Springsteen, I don't tend to play the Lucky Town or Working On A Dream albums very often.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beatles - Revolution #9 springs to mind.

I don't get the people listing about 10 songs. How can someone be your favourite artist if there's so much of their material you don't like? Most of my favourite artists I pretty much like everything they've done, that's what makes them my favourites!
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jambo_c wrote: »

I don't get the people listing about 10 songs. How can someone be your favourite artist if there's so much of their material you don't like? Most of my favourite artists I pretty much like everything they've done, that's what makes them my favourites!

To be fair that has either been Britney Spears or Girls Aloud, not really surprising favourite tracks are probably few and far between.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I disagree entirely. To produce something exceptional means that you have to be challenging and experimental – that's unless you're satisfied with somebody who bangs out bland, formulaic chart fodder.
  • TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitch I'm Madonna
    She's not me
    Incredible

Most of hard candy and mdna
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I disagree entirely. To produce something exceptional means that you have to be challenging and experimental – that's unless you're satisfied with somebody who bangs out bland, formulaic chart fodder.

Agree with you totally, many of the bands/singers i like have done 100+ songs and they could be a fair few that i would skip past, but doesn't mean i do not like them.

It's like having a favourite programme, some episodes you like less than others
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blink 182 - All Of This
    Bastille - These Streets
    Imagine Dragons - Gold
    James Bay - Collide
    Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho
    CHVRCHES - Under The Tide
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    Agree with you totally, many of the bands/singers i like have done 100+ songs and they could be a fair few that i would skip past, but doesn't mean i do not like them.

It's like having a favourite programme, some episodes you like less than others

Not really, I hate most chart music. I can genuinely say that I'll happily sit through entire albums without skipping tracks for most of my favourite bands/artists. Yes, there are obviously tracks that I like more than others but with my absolute favourite artists there are no tracks that I hate and never listen to and that's why they're my favourite. Most of these I include b-sides as well, Frank Turner and Arctic Monkeys for example, there's not a single track that I'll skip if it comes on. Even with someone who has produced a huge amount of music such as The Beatles I think I'd struggle to find 10 songs that I hate that much that I'd skip.

I've got around 13,000 songs on my iPod so clearly there are things that I'll skip but if an artist has a lot that I'd skip I wouldn't class them as being one of my "favourites".

Maybe it's down to definition of "favourite" but for me to class someone as one of my favourites, they pretty much have to never put a foot wrong.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bitch better have my money is horrendous - Rihanna needs a big club banger ASAP
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Clarkson:

Breakaway
    Be Still
    I Want You
    Ready

Can't stand her recent song - this is my heartbeat - awful and sickening
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TI don't get the people listing about 10 songs. How can someone be your favourite artist if there's so much of their material you don't like?

'Worst songs' and 'bad songs' aren't necessarily the same thing. It would be unusual if you thought every song an artist had ever released was of exactly the same quality, so most people have favourite songs and least favourite (worst) songs.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    D'Yer Mak'er - Led Zeppelin.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Metallica

I disappear

The memory remains

St anger

Whiskey in the jar

Green day

American idiot

Wake me up when September ends

I would have said everything after ...And Justice For All ;-)

TOOL are my favourite band I would say there is nothing I do not like. Of course I think some songs are better than others but there are no tracks I would ever skip.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Thinking about, I also skip

More Fool Me - Genesis
    Your Own Special Way - Genesis
    When God Shines His Light - Van Morrison (duet with Cliff Richard, **** right off!)
    Chris Rea - Tell Me There's A Heaven
    Kate Bush - Eat The Music
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your Own Special Way - Genesis

Bit bland but at least Steve Hackett was still there. I can't listen to anything off Invisible Touch or We can't Dance.