Options

Your favourite movie ever

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Simple question. What is your favourite movie ever? Is there a film you have seen many times over or even could recite word for word???

Terminator 2: Judgement Day*

Closely followed by The Matrix

*Have watched it at least 70 times over in my life, re-bought it more times than any other movie too. VHS, VHS Director's Cut, DVD, DVD Director's Cut, Region 1 Blu-Ray, Region 2 Blu-Ray director's cut, and would buy it again in a nutshell (super high def or blu-ray with more extras etc) that therefore makes it my favourite.

Comments

• Options
    squibblesquibble Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bladerunner: Final Cut

No question.

I love the dark city, I love the Vangelis music, I fall in love with Sean Young everytime I watch it and I love the story.

I watch a few films over and over, but nothing on the scale of this.

It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forrest Gump
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some Like It Hot!

An absolute classic. So many funny lines, I can watch it over and over again.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    squibble wrote: »

No question.

I love the dark city, I love the Vangelis music, I fall in love with Sean Young everytime I watch it and I love the story.

It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response..

Ditto- even though its a bit of a cliche to name this film as yr fav. Hasnt been beaten yet IMO.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pursuit of happiness. Find it to be pretty inspiring.
    Though the amount of movies i have watched is pretty limited.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    films i have watched about 20 times each

poltergeist
    indiana jones and the temple of doom
    dogs in space
    donnie darko
    tale of two sisters
    nochnoj dozor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I guess it would have to be John Water's Female Trouble. When ever I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps I watch this film, it cheers me up no end. It's so wonderfully offensive. I also love the commentary - John Waters talks about how he used to fantasize about his grandmother getting crushed by a christmas tree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Shawshank Redemption
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squibble wrote: »

No question.

This, word for word.
  • Options
    PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Et...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PANNAL1 wrote: »
    Et...

...and what? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    Sweeney Todd

But before it's release it was firmly Edward Scissorhands
  • Options
    ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fight Club.

Absolute Class. Brilliant acting , fantastic directing , thought provoking story . Love it :D
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Films I could recite most of are Grease & Hairspray (2007 version) I just love them. Both so full of energy, great songs & just generally great films. I can watch them over & over again and not be bored.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hocus Pocus - genuinely. It was my favourite as a kid and I just love it

Also love The Commitments, Little Miss Sunshine and Drop Dead Fred though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruddiger wrote: »
    Fight Club.

Absolute Class. Brilliant acting , fantastic directing , thought provoking story . Love it :D

I love it too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gattaca

Love it to bits
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Harry Met Sally - it's my ultimate feel good film. I've watched it too many times to count, but it never fails to make me smile and I've never felt bored watching it. It's happy eneding edges out Roman Holiday, which I must have watched a similar number of times, but the ending of Roman Holiday, whilst making it more interesting, kills me.

I also love Breakfast at Tiffany's just because Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard are so beautiful it's mesmerising, although I prefer the short story.

Action film wise - Speed is always exciting, no matter how mnay times I watch it, and Keanu and Sandra Bullock have sparky chemistry, which gives it an extra something over other action films. I know it's slightly cheesy and the plot is the simplest plot you can come up with, but I always enjoy watch it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a Wonderful Life - best and most heartwarming film ever made!!
  • Options
    RaytopsRaytops Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    North by Northwest
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'JFK' is (I'm fairly sure) my most-watched film....'Mulholland Drive' is I think the best film I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'JFK' is (I'm fairly sure) my most-watched film....'Mulholland Drive' is I think the best film I've ever seen.

I loved JFK, and thought it was a truly important film, then I researched into it, and discovered that most of it was made up by Oliver Stone. Shame, because it was a brilliant film.
  • Options
    StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Jack Nicholson is a GOD.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revelian wrote: »
    I loved JFK, and thought it was a truly important film, then I researched into it, and discovered that most of it was made up by Oliver Stone. Shame, because it was a brilliant film.

My standard (cliched) response...'it's a movie'. At least it provoked you to expand your understanding of the subject. ;)

Obviously it's a controversial film....but also I think somewhat misunderstood. The story's told from very much from the POV of Jim Garrison who was himself a highly controversial figure. Of course Oliver Stone has an agenda...he portrays Garrison as something a hero...and predictably he tries far too hard to tie it all in with his pet obsession - the Vietnam war. It's certainly conspiracy theory propaganda....but then it is, after all, the story of a leading conspiracy theorist.

For all that, as you write, a very skilful piece of cinema and a very influential film in a number of ways.
  • Options
    haggy-mehaggy-me Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the Future ~ just a perfect movie. Adventure, humour, heart, charm and Michael J Fox looking delicious in his 1950's wardrobe.