Options

Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    So dire...wish I hadn't bothered with this one as it just wasn't interesting enough....I don't like the characters in it like Abraham and eugene..at least carols in the next episode :)
  • Options
    sovietsongsovietsong Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Very dissapointed in that episode was kinda hoping they'd get surrounded by the zombies at the end and all eaten ,don't really like any of those characters here's hoping Rick,daryl and michone are back asap
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^hmm, I don't know about that. I've watched the Talking Dead from the very start and this is the ONLY time I've ever felt them give out information you couldn't have deduced from the watching the show.
    Talking Dead Abraham Comic Spoilers/More Detailed Information about that ep
    You could infer that he killed those guys to protect his family - Rick and the others have done this on a number of occasions. But the actor reveal/detailed how these were his neighbours who raped his family when Abraham was off on a food run. He returned, saw what had happened and killed 'em. Now I'm not sure if he was saying this IS what happened in the tv-show and they just didn't show it. But he spoke about it being "one for the comic fans" in a "hey you comic readers, you remember this and thus know more about the who's and why's than those lowly tv-watchers" kinda way. Which is a little confusing as I thought the tv show and the comic series were two separate beasts, with just cos something happened in the comics doesn't mean it has to happen in the series.
    Anyway, I'm happy to look at things as he killed a bunch of bad men who were a threat to his family and his family didn't like the person they saw him become so scarpered. If they don't show it on screen then, irregardless of what went on in issue whogivesacrap, it hasn't happened. Or something like that. :blush:
  • Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is my TV wonky or was half of that episode in complete unwatchable darkness?
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't enjoy this weeks episode so much.....and who knew Eugene was full of bullshit ?? :o
    Not sure what Abe will do now they've lost their purpose....am really looking forward to next weeks episode though...just seen the trailer :D:D
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charger21 wrote: »

I could not see Abe stood near the window or the masses of zombies ahead on the road.
    My hubby saw though, very strange.
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    So dire...wish I hadn't bothered with this one as it just wasn't interesting enough....I don't like the characters in it

My thoughts exactly...on last week's episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charger21 wrote: »

Something very "off" about that episode. The sound quality was very tinny and, yes, most of the those night scenes were impossible to follow.

This week's and last week's feel like "second unit" episodes, made by a different team who, er, just aren't as good as the main production team. Or maybe, without Rick and/or Carol at the centre of the action, the other characters just aren't able to hold things together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a lot happened really, we didn't really move on. I was convinced Maggie or Glen were going to die and then that didn't happen
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The character development is really bad in this show i don't really care for any of the characters and in a show about survival you kind of need to...
  • Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a lot happened really, we didn't really move on. I was convinced Maggie or Glen were going to die and then that didn't happen

I was convinced it was Maggie getting rattled due to the bad lighting. Hoped it would brighten up and wed see her in the buff but nno such luck
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    So dire...wish I hadn't bothered with this one as it just wasn't interesting enough....I don't like the characters in it like Abraham and eugene..at least carols in the next episode :)

Jeezus Christ. Every episode. EVERY episode.

Stop.Watching.The.F**king.Show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    I may have missed this bit...........

Was it explained that Abrahams family had been raped by his so called "friends" in the flashbacks..........

I missed it if it did..........the flashbacks don't make whole lot of sense without this knowledge.

Dave

That could have been done a lot better, certainly. I got that they were his family, and that they left him, but didn't get the rape suggestion at all...
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I read the above explaining the situation Abraham had been in, I thought they were fighting over the tin of beans and she'd left because he had a temper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The character development is really bad in this show i don't really care for any of the characters and in a show about survival you kind of need to...

Wasn't Abraham initially quite a refreshing change when first introduced? He had wit and humour and hope. But they've now turned him into every other character - a bit of a psycho.

I can understand that happening after tonight's revelation, but not really before tonight.

That's bad characterisation. Or just lazy, in that "everyone gets dehumanised" by the zombie apocalypse. Well, yeah, tell us something new.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I think Abraham's about to get some character development. Now he's found out that Eugene has been lying he's lost his purpose and might go all Governor on them
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that was a poor episode.......

The whole Part Two being filmed in black made it impossible to know what was going on and I find that if I can't see who's talking I can't tell what they're saying either

I had enough rants about the current trend for Filming in Black during The 100 and I'm really fed up with it..........someone should tell programme makers that it's not 'arty' it's just 'annoying'..........

I mean.......they expect us to suspend belief to enter a world where the dead have risen but they think turning a light on would be 'unrealistic'........>:(

The last 5 minutes of tonight's episode was good and progressed the story........the rest just so-so filler.........although I suppose that by showing Eugene growing up in the survival stakes that did set the scene of his admission. If he hadn't learnt to kill could he have made the admission ?.......probably not

I'm still not really clear why Glenn and Maggie went with Abraham instead of staying with their own group.......:confused:
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I think Abraham's about to get some character development. Now he's found out that Eugene has been lying he's lost his purpose and might go all Governor on them

I doubt it. I think he'll be lost and dazed, leaving it to Glenn to regroup and take them back to the church. It's a possibility that he'll say "Screw this" and go off on his own.

Either way, I quite enjoyed this episode as a filler. It shall be known, in this house, as the Mullet episode from this day onwards.

I'm still waiting for Morgan's next move. We can't decide if he'll be an ally or enemy. The anticipation is killing us.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I'm still not really clear why Glenn and Maggie went with Abraham instead of staying with their own group.......:confused:

In exchange for making Abe stay at the church a little longer, Glenn (and Maggie) agreed to go with him.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    I doubt it. I think he'll be lost and dazed, leaving it to Glenn to regroup and take them back to the church. It's a possibility that he'll say "Screw this" and go off on his own.

Either way, I quite enjoyed this episode as a filler. It shall be known, in this house, as the Mullet episode from this day onwards.

I'm still waiting for Morgan's next move. We can't decide if he'll be an ally or enemy. The anticipation is killing us.

Mullet Boy is my nickname for Eugene
  • Options
    simysimy Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tennessee Top Hat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that other women might tonk Eugene for the hell of it, but that didn't happen.

Anyway how comes she hasn't got any attention? She looks alright from where I'm standing!
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that other women might tonk Eugene for the hell of it, but that didn't happen.

Anyway how comes she hasn't got any attention? She looks alright from where I'm standing!

She's probably still mourning her girlfriend....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Abe flashbacks were confusing. Assuming Ellen was his wife and those were his kids. Their real fear of him must have not just been based on how he can handle a can of beans and possibly on his previous treatment of them me thinks. Wife beater? It is not made clear. Though if that is the case, it would add some ammo to the story (assuming he survives/stays) if he is such a man as Carols husband. Though such men are invariably cowards, whilst he had this mission to get to DC he may have had a different purpose for a while and will be his real self now the truth is out.

Eugene, the perv, well I am not sure he will survive his attack. I am not sure if I care.

Next week looks good.
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member

She's gay.