• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roll on May 10
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    There won't be any nails in any coffins. The X1 will continue to sell very well while this game will push PS4 sales further.

Yeah the Xbox One is selling as well as the 360 isn't it? It's just that for some reason everyone wants a PS4, even Sony didn't expect so many sales.

It wouldn't be a good thing anyway. If there was no alternative, Sony and MS could do whatever they want, while we as consumers would have to put up with it, or invest in PC's. If Sony wasn't around we'd all be using the original always on Xbox One.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Yeah the Xbox One is selling as well as the 360 isn't it? It's just that for some reason everyone wants a PS4, even Sony didn't expect so many sales.

It wouldn't be a good thing anyway. If there was no alternative, Sony and MS could do whatever they want, while we as consumers would have to put up with it, or invest in PC's. If Sony wasn't around we'd all be using the original always on Xbox One.

That is very true, you only need to look at the difference PS4 dominance has made to the X1, most of which just wouldn't have happened otherwise, MS are desperate to close the gap. Unfortunately they release exclusive titles like quantum break that are way to ambitious for the hardware provided.

But yeah without MS yapping as Sony's feet I think PS4 gamers would be getting a far worse ride. Something fanboys forget or to blinded to see.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's selling better actually than the 360 was at this stage in it's lifespan. There's only the perception it's not doing well because the PS4 has had such an amazing start, but it is doing fine and isn't going anywhere.

Anyway back on topic UC4 is looking great in the latest gameplay footage, can't wait for May 10th.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanboyism aside I'm really looking forward to this game, looks amazing.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With this and Ratchet the Ps4 is going to have an excellent summer. Great to see the strong exclusives starting to come out.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Chloe has been confirmed as appearing in this game? She was always a fave of mine and I'm still sort of secretly hoping that she and Drake will end up together and adventure forever more ... ;-)

It looks like she's not in it, unfortunately. :(

It's possible she'll be in the multiplayer, I'm sure I saw a character model that looked like her in one of the videos, but she wasn't in the beta.

It doesn't even look like Elena is featured in this one too much, boys only by the looks of things. :(

After they botched her face (and ass) in Uncharted 3 though, I wouldn't have high hopes for her Uncharted 4 incarnation.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    It looks like she's not in it, unfortunately. :(

It's possible she'll be in the multiplayer, I'm sure I saw a character model that looked like her in one of the videos, but she wasn't in the beta.

It doesn't even look like Elena is featured in this one too much, boys only by the looks of things. :(

After they botched her face (and ass) in Uncharted 3 though, I wouldn't have high hopes for her Uncharted 4 incarnation.

She did look weird didn't she? So did Elena for that matter, Elena looks great in 4 thankfully (dodgy fashion aside). If this really is the last one, and I can only assume it is, Chloe has to have a cameo, even if it's right at the end. I'd like to see Cutter as well, considering he was only in the first few chapters of 3 I took a real liking to him.

Also I really hope Nate and Elena don't split up, I'm so over invested in this couple i'll be gutted if they kill one of them or worse get divorced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did look weird didn't she? So did Elena for that matter, Elena looks great in 4 thankfully (dodgy fashion aside). If this really is the last one, and I can only assume it is, Chloe has to have a cameo, even if it's right at the end. I'd like to see Cutter as well, considering he was only in the first few chapters of 3 I took a real liking to him.

Also I really hope Nate and Elena don't split up, I'm so over invested in this couple i'll be gutted if they kill one of them or worse get divorced.

The did both look odd.
    I think something to do with the lighting effects and Elena's nose and eyes being too big. With Chloe being majorly slimmed down facially.

Cutter was in the beta so I expect to see him in some form or another in the game. Have to say, Chloe's absence was pretty major considering Marlowe was in the beta.

I'm hoping Nate & Elena have managed to work through their issues too. It's about time.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Cutter and Lazarevic (voiced by Graham McTavish) were in the beta but his IMDB doesn't list any work for Uncharted 4. Chloe's likeness could be in the multiplayer, I imagine ND would just reuse Claudia Black's voice from assets recorded when UC2/3 were made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    Both Cutter and Lazarevic (voiced by Graham McTavish) were in the beta but his IMDB doesn't list any work for Uncharted 4. Chloe's likeness could be in the multiplayer, I imagine ND would just reuse Claudia Black's voice from assets recorded when UC2/3 were made.

Wait Cutter and Lazarevic are voiced by the same man?! :o

It's a shame we'll see neither Chloe or Cutter in this game. A mention would be nice, I assume they got romantically involved after the events of Uncharted 3.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally bought a PS4 and ordered this to go with it, so looking forward to this arriving in May. Just disappointed i haven't really got many games to tie me over before & after Uncharted arrives.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ud pick up a cheap pre owned in game for a fiver. Say fifa 15 or killzone shadowfall
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Seems like Street date has been broken my money has been taken out of my bank so I presume I could havr it today. Loads of people posting images on gaff.
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB0xy74Zrj8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDnAfWlAoO0

I couldn't find a thread for this so if there is one please merge, mods. Thanks.

I've never played Uncharted because i previously owned an XBox. Tried playing Uncharted 2 demo on my PS4 because I loved the new Tomb Raider reboot and heard they were similar. I was bored shitless. I actually found myself laughing whenever Nate died and his female side kick would scream because it goes against the light tone.

However... the footage from Uncharted 4 looks like it's upped the game for the series and clearly, being a bit threatened by theTomb Raider reboot, has decided to take some tips from it (less linear, more open). This visually looks better than Rise of the Tomb Raider. I mean, wow.

It's interesting how the little things make a huge difference - like the way they've clearly recorded several animations for the different movement types Nate makes - he never moves into cover or picks up a gun the same way twice.

The marketing campaign has been excellent too. Some pretty cool trailers that would give Ubisoft a run for their money.

Anyone looking forward to this game?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Seems like Street date has been broken my money has been taken out of my bank so I presume I could havr it today. Loads of people posting images on gaff.

Need to be very careful where I look online for the next couple of weeks. Really don't want any major spoilers revealed before I get to play.

If anyone here does get the game early, PLEASE be considerate of others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB0xy74Zrj8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDnAfWlAoO0

I couldn't find a thread for this so if there is one please merge, mods. Thanks.

I've never played Uncharted because i previously owned an XBox. Tried playing Uncharted 2 demo on my PS4 because I loved the new Tomb Raider reboot and heard they were similar. I was bored shitless. I actually found myself laughing whenever Nate died and his female side kick would scream because it goes against the light tone.

However... the footage from Uncharted 4 looks like it's upped the game for the series and clearly, being a bit threatened by theTomb Raider reboot, has decided to take some tips from it (less linear, more open). This visually looks better than Rise of the Tomb Raider. I mean, wow.

It's interesting how the little things make a huge difference - like the way they've clearly recorded several animations for the different movement types Nate makes - he never moves into cover or picks up a gun the same way twice.

The marketing campaign has been excellent too. Some pretty cool trailers that would give Ubisoft a run for their money.

Anyone looking forward to this game?

Understatement of the year :p

Just about any PlayStation gamer worth his salt is looking forward to Uncharted 4.

You should play the Uncharted Collection, as far as game collections go it's one hell of a bargain.

Tomb Raider and Uncharted are both great franchises, I don't really have a preference for either anymore, just enjoy them for what they are.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A message from Shuhei Yoshida regarding early copies of the game -

"We have some unfortunate news to report that a number of copies of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End were stolen while in transit. While we are continuing to work with the police to resolve the matter – which is the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation – it appears that a few copies of the game have surfaced in the UK.

We know that very many of you have been looking forward with great anticipation and excitement to the latest masterpiece from Naughty Dog. From what I have played of Nathan Drake’s latest adventure, I can tell you that it is very much worth the wait. As with most Naughty Dog games, the unfolding story is such an integral part of the experience and for this reason we wanted to warn you to beware of the potential for spoilers to be posted by people with access to stolen copies of the game. An extremely talented team has worked long and hard to bring Nathan Drake’s greatest adventure to life and we would urge you to help us prevent this from being spoilt by purchasing copies of the game ahead of the launch date. Please rest assured we will be very vigilant to protect you from this as far as we can so you can enjoy Uncharted 4’s experience to its fullest on May 10th."

The guy selling 4 copies on eBay at £90 each yesterday might be due a knock on his door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Understatement of the year :p

Just about any PlayStation gamer worth his salt is looking forward to Uncharted 4.

You should play the Uncharted Collection, as far as game collections go it's one hell of a bargain.

Tomb Raider and Uncharted are both great franchises, I don't really have a preference for either anymore, just enjoy them for what they are.

Looks like we won't be waiting too long lol
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-26-uncharted-4-pops-up-on-ebay-as-shops-break-street-date
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this is why I couldn't find the Uncharted thread in the main forum lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My ShopTo pre-order has actually changed to an order being processed now, and my credit card has been charged. Hopefully this means it will be dispatched in the next day or two and I'll get it by the weekend! :)
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered the game, buying a PS4 on the weekend, can't wait.
  • Ben_WBen_W Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Review embargo lifted 8.01am UK tomorrow
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I've done well so far in keeping myself away from any stories and videos/screenshots of the game so far. Saw the TV ad this morning and I really can't wait now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben_W wrote: »
    Review embargo lifted 8.01am UK tomorrow

One or two have already started appearing on YouTube but I'll give them a miss.