Options

What did you buy today: Beauty & Hair Products

Comments

• Options
    MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just resubscribed to Birchbox. For £12.50 monthly it's usually pretty good value. Hoping this month's is as good as what's been promoted.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Olive Oil Replenishing Pak
    Roller Clips
    Flexi rods
    Disposable shower caps
    Amika nourishing mask
    Keracare Hair Milk
    Keracare Overnight Moisturiser
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For Her, Narciso Rodriguez shower gel and body lotion

Satin Rollers
  • Options
    Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    For Her, Narciso Rodriguez shower gel and body lotion

Satin Rollers

Pardon my ignorance Lushness - are satin rollers better than straight foam ones?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lin4237 wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance Lushness - are satin rollers better than straight foam ones?

They are much easier to sleep in. They give a nice softer wave whereas if I want the curls to be more defined and hold for a long time them I'll use the flexi rods. I find this method much better than using tongs and straighteners, not to mention it's healthier for the hair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    They are much easier to sleep in. They give a nice softer wave whereas if I want the curls to be more defined and hold for a long time them I'll use the flexi rods. I find this method much better than using tongs and straighteners, not to mention it's healthier for the hair.

Thanks for info. Might go for the flexi rods for when I want curl to stay in longer.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alberto Balsam Blends Shampoo and Conditioner,
    Razors,
    Yes to Shower Gel,
    Dry Shampoo,
    Oral B Pro Expert,
    Vaseline Green Moisturiser,
    A new hairbrush,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Living Proof PHD 5 in 1 treatment
    Sachajuan, Overnight Hair Repair
    Hair pins
    Hair bands
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finally bought flexi rods, Innoxa grey eyeliner and more Vit E oil all with my amazon gift cards. Love the eyeliner and the flexi rods are fantastic. Thank you Lushness. Had a quick look at Sachajuan - impressive but I think I'll stick to my Karmin hair repair system because my hair loves the argan oil & vit E oil.
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    Olay Regenerist eye lifting serum and some more Duo brush on lash adhesive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A 3D bomb hair brush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lin4237 wrote: »
    Finally bought flexi rods, Innoxa grey eyeliner and more Vit E oil all with my amazon gift cards. Love the eyeliner and the flexi rods are fantastic. Thank you Lushness. Had a quick look at Sachajuan - impressive but I think I'll stick to my Karmin hair repair system because my hair loves the argan oil & vit E oil.

You're welcome :)

Bought some more stuff! :blush:

Darshana oil. I've kept my eye on this for a while and I've not read one bad review, and the ingredient list is amazing.

Olaplex full professional kit. I've researched this product for about a year and have read some very very positive reviews (and the negative ones too). I normally give companies a bit of a side eye if they come out with these outlandish claims that they can repair damaged hair instantly as this is rare. However, from the staggering amount of reports I have read it does seem to really strengthen hair that is chemically treated. I flat iron my hair occasionally too so my hair is automatically damaged by default, so anything that strengthens my hair and reduces damage and limits shedding has my name all over it. I will give it a go and see; it's very expensive though.
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's bonus month for me and I've gone a bit wild...

Pur Volume Vixen mascara - I got a trial size in a beauty advent calendar, and it is honestly the best mascara I have used since Lancome Hypnose (which has gone crap recently)
    Moroccan Escape Bitter Orange Bath Essence With Argan Oil 500ml - this stuff smells amazing and is go good for the price
    By Rosie for Autograph translucent powder
    Soap & Glory glow face powder
    Soap & Glory brow architect
    Soap & Glory blusher wheel
    Sleek ilust gold eyeshadow pallet
    Nip & Fab extreme acid pads
    Michelle Roques Oneil Therapie bath salts - absolutely the best bath product ever

I'm skint again, but it's a bonus well spent!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Spicebomb Men's Aftershave. Does that count?
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Not today but coming back from Portugal on Tuesday I had a bit of a blow out in duty free

Benefit "they're real" mascara - absolutely brilliant am totally in love, does in one brush what 3 different mascaras used to do.
    Victoria secret lip plumping gloss - really works, gives me a beautiful outline and plumpness on the top lip and a much fuller bottom lip
    Benefit brow zings - I probably won't use it that much as the latest eyebrow trend doesn't suit me that well but my younger sister loves it
    Revlon colour burst balm stain - all 3 colours are lovely but sweetheart is my favourite
    L'oreal nude eyeshadow palette - haven't had a chance to use yet but I always use the same kind of colours
    Gucci perfume set x 5 mini fragrances - they all smell gorgeous.

Spent £90 altogether but so far nearly everything has been well worth it,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I want to go out and buy everything from this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY6CRwcf2Ww better get saving xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ordered African black soap, peppermint essential oil, jojoba oil, veggie glycerin, Laval kohl eyeliner (only 97p!) waiting for Amazon to deliver!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just ordered the Alpha H TSV (Liquid Gold, Instant Facial, Balancing Cleanser) on QVC. It was such a good deal I couldn't resist
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Laval kohl eyeliner (only 97p!) is cxxp! Everything else was great. The African black soap is not black, it crumbles easily, will ask some ladies in the States if this is normal - I bought a pup! - will do more research & reorder. The aloe vera juice & gel are fantastic as are the glycerin, jojoba and peppermint oil.
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been searching high and low for a decent concealor for under the eye that doesn't settle into fine lines. Found it and bought it. Loreal Lumi Magique. Best concealor/highlighter I've ever used. Lasts the whole day long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bought some perm rods for extra tight curls, but I'm not sure I like them.

Becca Backlight Primer
    Becca Aqua Luminous Foundation

There's something very addictive about Becca's range. It's just as well it's not that easy to source cause I'd spend a lot in there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some KADS nail stamping polishes, which were really cheap on aliexpress, and work really well.
    I've also got an XL clear stamper, which is great.
    Also got a pump bottle for my Acetone, which works really well and a strawberry huller, which works just like a cotton claw, but only cost 73p !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exfoliating Loofah Loofa Back Strap Bath Shower Body Scrubber Brush Sponge - eBay
    Make up sponges - Wilko
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My pigmentation is due to a build up of melanin so as summer is approaching I decided to make a sunscreen and the following arrived an hour ago:
    Coconut oil, beeswax granules, shea butter (I know my skin likes this as it is in the Monsia Skincare products I currently use) and zinc oxide.
    I will also make sure that what I eat is high in Vit C, E, A & K as apparently these all help cut the production of melanin.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got quite a few females to buy for at Christmas, so I'm getting ahead of the game this year.
    So, yesterday I ordered 3 of these
    http://www.boots.com/en/Nails-Inc-Alice-Olivia-Cracker-Kit-Boots-Exclusive_1754614/

3 of these
    http://www.boots.com/en/Ciate-London-Oh-Christmas-Tree-_1753620/

and 3 of these
    http://www.boots.com/en/Nails-Inc-Festive-Cracker_1754610/

I'm picking them up this afternoon. I'm a bit ashamed that I'm thinking about Christmas when we're not even in Summer yet, but at those prices I couldn't refuse.

Bought this at the same time for me.
    http://www.boots.com/en/Bulldog-Oil-Control-Moisturiser-100ml_1829482/

I hope it works as I can get 4 bottles of this cheaper than one bottle of the Clinique one I'm currently using. So fingers crossed.