BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 42)

Comments

• nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Well she might get away with it with you, but she wouldn't with me, image her trying to mess me around, Ha Ha. no way, you don't have to put up with it do you?
    You are both grown up's have a mind of your own, and owe nothing, always remember, you didn't ask to be born, it wasn't done for your pleasure either.

Yeah, but that's not how it works though, is it?...not many of us would be able to be that insensitive to others just to suit ourselves:) you might but I can't so that's why I sit and smile and say nothing:)
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Well she might get away with it with you, but she wouldn't with me, image her trying to mess me around, Ha Ha. no way, you don't have to put up with it do you?
    You are both grown up's have a mind of your own, and owe nothing, always remember, you didn't ask to be born, it wasn't done for your pleasure either.

Hicky, I have no idea what you are talking about..:confused:

I thought you said that Mrs.(Saint) Hicky tells you to behave when your MIL is here.??

I largely put up with it because I hate to see Sam distressed and I don't want an atmosphere, it is not a case of 'winning', that would be childish....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »

I thought you said that Mrs.(Saint) Hicky tells you to behave when your MIL is here.??

I largely put up with it because I hate to see Sam distressed and I don't want an atmosphere, it is not a case of 'winning', that would be childish....

yiasou Arte mou, xx:)
    At least yours has gone, mine's still here, drinking all my wine:eek::D....she survived the pad thai (mainly cos it's not a hot/spicy thai dish) and has now commandeered the tv remote as well...OH is upstairs on a conference call that has been going on since 7:30....it's now 9:30...:( ach well, it's what pays for the (fake) Birkins;):D
    hope you've lined up a large brandy for yourself for later (((hugs))):)
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    At least yours has gone, mine's still here, drinking all my wine:eek::D....she survived the pad thai (mainly cos it's not a hot/spicy thai dish) and has now commandeered the tv remote as well...OH is upstairs on a conference call that has been going on since 7:30....it's now 9:30...:( ach well, it's what pays for the (fake) Birkins;):D

You bet!I spent a couple of hours cooking too, which always soothes me....((( Hugs ))) back at you.xxx:)
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of them days with multiple weather. Woke u pfreezing then sun out then blustery rain then downpour now just cloudy.

:(:(:( That job interview was no good. and they blew my theory out of the water. The one where they ring if successful and second class post or nothing for failures. Another but we'll keep your details on file:rolleyes:

Sorry you didnt get the job Balders:(
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Nowt wrong with being against the majority opinion. I often am on here. Bur every single time no way

:D
    I have no doubt that Hicky play-acts being contrary to irritate us, and i enjoy the banter, but i don't think anybody would deliberately pretend to be so insensitive and ill informed about the holocaust, so in this case i am sure he was just misinformed and ridiculously stubborn.
    One of them days with multiple weather. Woke u pfreezing then sun out then blustery rain then downpour now just cloudy.

That job interview was no good. and they blew my theory out of the water. The one where they ring if successful and second class post or nothing for failures. Another but we'll keep your details on file
    Sorry it didn't work out this time Balders :(
    :confused: What?
    At least yours has gone, mine's still here, drinking all my wine:eek::D....she survived the pad thai (mainly cos it's not a hot/spicy thai dish) and has now commandeered the tv remote as well...OH is upstairs on a conference call that has been going on since 7:30....it's now 9:30...:( ach well, it's what pays for the (fake) Birkins;)

Tell me more about these fake Birkins. :) Are they identical copies? Do they have the name on? How much are they? Are they the same quality?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Barra:)
    och, missed that Balders:(, pants:( sorry you didn't get the job...

OH's been on his conference call for nearly two and a half hours now...either that or he's just hiding from my mother;):D
  • Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member

:(:(:( That job interview was no good. and they blew my theory out of the water. The one where they ring if successful and second class post or nothing for failures. Another but we'll keep your details on file:rolleyes:

Sorry about that.....

Yes, I remember the programme you spoke about with the engineers meeting and Brannagh....I should like to see it again, however 'difficult',.........
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member

She does, but i think MIL is lovely, don't think O/H thinks the same, but i wouldn't keep quiet if she was having a go or complaining.
    I am a wee bit straight with people, don't mean to upset them, but that's the way they are made so it's their problem really.
    I do get into a lot of bother by being honest, it seems people never want to know the truth.
    A bit like Sadam.
    Forum Member
    Hi Barra:)
    och, missed that Balders:(, pants:( sorry you didn't get the job...

OH's been on his conference call for nearly two and a half hours now...either that or he's just hiding from my mother;):D

There probably isn't a conference call. He is sitting with a bottle of gin and muttters a bit when he hears you go past. :cool:
    Forum Member
    I spoke about Liz Hurley yesterday and today in Cirencester I was sitting having coffee and she came in and asked to share my table. I said yes although she had that strange son with her (Damian). He was wearing those long legged shorts that he wears in magazines and had bought a large plastic jar of really nasty sweets from Smiths. I nearly asked her about the water shortage but she was absolutely soaked from the rain. We had a chat (I have met her before and she said she read about when I talked about her sausages in my column). It may comfort you to know that she looks older but much nicer in real life. (Mind you I expect she says that about me. Or not.)
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They say the good ones go first.:(
    That's me out.:D

I wouldn't put up with any hassle from them, but i am warned before NIL comes not to upset her, as if i would.:D:eek:

By the way, can you get a copy of that song to keep playiong.

"I'd like to get you on a slow boat to China"

She was a couple of days short of her 99th birthday.

Hardly going first.
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry to hear the interview wasnt successful Balders. It must surely be your turn soon.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re MIL ~

She is very appreciative of all the history and has enjoyed the trips very much but it has been a real strain. She still treats me like a stupid Bimbo. When she asks questions and I answer, she sort of raises an eyebrow, then asks Sam the same question. He will say "ask Heather, she has a better grasp of the language/knows more about those aspects" etc. but she will persist until he answers , then tells him how helpful and clever he is.:rolleyes::p
    I can laugh at this behaviour but it does get very wearing and it really bothers Sam.
    Yesterday, I refused to climb a hill to a monument I have visited a dozen times and waited at the bottom with my book, quite happy until they returned to be told that if I had sugar in my diet and ate more, I would have more energy.
    It has been a huge drain on us, financially, with Sam having to take the time off work. When we ate out, she would order twice as much as we normally do, (and we both have good appetites) then complain about the bill - which we paid, anyway....
    This morning, she announced that she would be back later in the year.I can't do any more than I did so I'm not going to let it get me down. She had really good weather, too, it is still horrible out there since she left....:(

It’s hard to offer a solution. Mean of her to take the sun with her when she left after all that.
    Forum Member
    are these them?.:D
    http://www.handbagsuk.uk.com/hermes-handbags.html
    Forum Member
    She does, but i think MIL is lovely, don't think O/H thinks the same, but i wouldn't keep quiet if she was having a go or complaining.
    I am a wee bit straight with people, don't mean to upset them, but that's the way they are made so it's their problem really.
    I do get into a lot of bother by being honest, it seems people never want to know the truth.
    A bit like Sadam.

I think this is something I shall bear in mind in future.

Or are you one of those people (more prevalent in the North, I am told) who proudly 'speaks as they find' but isn't so good at being in the receiving end?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no doubt that Hicky play-acts being contrary to irritate us, and i enjoy the banter, but i don't think anybody would deliberately pretend to be so insensitive and ill informed about the holocaust, so in this case i am sure he was just misinformed and ridiculously stubborn.

Sorry it didn't work out this time Balders :(

:confused: What?

Tell me more about these fake Birkins. :) Are they identical copies? Do they have the name on? How much are they? Are they the same quality?
    Here it is...piccy Birkins are not branded at all apparently...nice enough quality, real leather, fully lined etc...mine cost 50 quid..the real ones don't;) (depending on size anything up to 5 grand:eek:)
    I'm no expert but I can't tell the difference...
    There probably isn't a conference call. He is sitting with a bottle of gin and muttters a bit when he hears you go past. :cool:
    he's finished now, spookily enough, minutes after mum went to bed;):D

....waves to Bella...
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    She was a couple of days short of her 99th birthday.

Hardly going first.
    My dear old Mum was 94, had a good innings, hopeless with a bat.:D

In the last few years she could only remember the past, her brain had stopped storing new information, a bit like a computer memory if you don't save it somewhere, the brain stops saving it so when you go to sleep and wake up yesterday is lost for ever.
    Forum Member
    A bit like Sadam.
    Like who?:confused:
    I don't think Arte was describing anything like "having a go or complaining" just the usual irritations of a loving family.
    I spoke about Liz Hurley yesterday and today in Cirencester I was sitting having coffee and she came in and asked to share my table. I said yes although she had that strange son with her (Damian). He was wearing those long legged shorts that he wears in magazines and had bought a large plastic jar of really nasty sweets from Smiths. I nearly asked her about the water shortage but she was absolutely soaked from the rain. We had a chat (I have met her before and she said she read about when I talked about her sausages in my column). It may comfort you to know that she looks older but much nicer in real life. (Mind you I expect she says that about me. Or not.)
    Is Damien still massive? :D He is a handsome boy but when he was a baby it was hilarious that he was almost bigger than his mother. She looked so funny hauling him around.
    And as for that wally claiming he wasn't his? HAHAHAHA
    Forum Member
    I think this is something I shall bear in mind in future.

Or are you one of those people (more prevalent in the North, I am told) who proudly 'speaks as they find' but isn't so good at being in the receiving end?
    I'm not too bothered what people say, if it's to me, it's their opinion, doesn't mean i agree, probably 50% of most groups disagree with the rest.
    That's just the way we are.

If we all thought the same we would all want to marry the first beautiful girl that passed by.:D
    But only half would.
    Forum Member
    I don't think Arte was describing anything like "having a go or complaining" just the usual irritations of a loving family.

Is Damien still massive? :D He is a handsome boy but when he was a baby it was hilarious that he was almost bigger than his mother. She looked so funny hauling him around.
    You must be reading a different post than me.
    If you think being treated like a Stupid Bimbo is nice.
    Forum Member

He's sort of strange...the name suits him. Let's just say it's best he's not in a state school or he might have a really hard time, and not in a good way. He has a side-parting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's sort of strange...the name suits him. Let's just say it's best he's not in a state school or he might have a really hard time, and not in a good way. He has a side-parting.

ahahahahahaaaaa...i've just snorted my whisky out my nose:o ouch....and what a waste of a good malt:eek::p:D
    you are norty...tsk tsk:D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :eek::eek:
    Good grief! :D:D
    Forum Member

Thank you Honey.:)
    It helps to share and vent a little. I know I am not the daughter-in-law she wanted but happily, I am the wife her son wants and she has a hard time with that and the fact that I don't fit her stereotypical vision of what I should be.Basically, she is a snob but she is a product of her upbringing, too. Sam's dad kind of held her in check, he was a lovely man...
This discussion has been closed.