Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Did you spot the error in that ad when his picture connects with the old bird the symbol at the bottom still has a line through the cam symbol which means the video link is not connected visually.

It means the video is off at *your* end... you would still receive video if the other end are sending it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telenaut wrote: »
    Here's a new one, those "Brand Power" adverts that at first glance appear to be a non biased consumer advice slot, but are actually paid for by the manufacturers themselves. The deception has been offset by a message at the beginning of the ad.

I always assumed they were simply value/ no frills adverts... as in supermarkets have a value / normal/ finest range
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    It means the video is off at *your* end... you would still receive video if the other end are sending it

Yes but they could see each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Yes but they could see each other.

seems like a strange thing to fake.... I'll have a look next time I see the ad.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    ... That girl over-doing the Audrey Hepburn facial expressions is so irritating.
    I may be misunderstanding what's been done but that isn't just some girl plucked from the crowd! I've been meaning to look this up for ages.

Apparently it's a reconstruction with lots of added fakery...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2283876/Audreys--chocoholic-Hepburn-returns-big-screens-new-Galaxy-advert.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/audrey-hepburn-advertisegalaxy-chocolate-bars-over-her-dead-body-8508603.html
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/28/4039144/audrey-hepburn-resurrected-for-galaxy-chocolate-commercial

When I first saw it I was confused because it looked like proper cleaned-up film but there was no way those paintbrushed eyebrows were original and initially I thought it was someone's face planted over the top. For some reason I was convinced it was Lily Collins as a good fit.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I may be misunderstanding what's been done but that isn't just some girl plucked from the crowd! I've been meaning to look this up for ages.

Apparently it's a reconstruction with lots of added fakery...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2283876/Audreys--chocoholic-Hepburn-returns-big-screens-new-Galaxy-advert.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/audrey-hepburn-advertisegalaxy-chocolate-bars-over-her-dead-body-8508603.html
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/28/4039144/audrey-hepburn-resurrected-for-galaxy-chocolate-commercial

When I first saw it I was confused because it looked like proper cleaned-up film but there was no way those paintbrushed eyebrows were original and initially I thought it was someone's face planted over the top. For some reason I was convinced it was Lily Collins as a good fit.

It's quite clever, the technology aspect I suppose, but it does look like a cartoon-ish version of her in my view. As I said the over-enhanced expressions are just irritating, rather than endearing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Not the worst because it makes me laugh, Cravendale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Not the worst because it makes me laugh, Cravendale.

I actually like that one too :D
  • Charlotte_ONeilCharlotte_ONeil Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    i HATE that stupid Confused.com advert with that annoying frigging robot. What was wrong with humans??
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo Farrah in that quorn ad - he sounds too exhausted to pronounce 'programme,' so he just mumbles 'prgrm' instead. You'd think they'd make him do a few more takes before he was allowed out to do his running about.
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The slightly creepy advert for a drill...can't remember the brand

Dad is in the garden doing some decking and struggling, little girl watches on, cue music and some big dude spins round on next doors fence panel with a drill in his hand..

I can't tell if the girl is giving him a look of lust or salvation.

My OH goes 'I bet Rolf wished he had that effect' :o
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That one with all the kids saying "fresh as...." there's no way a child could have come up with that last one.
  • zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Worst adverts on tv-
    LV
    direct line
    virgin media
    confused.com
    sunny loan company
    Santander
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any gambling ads for on-line bingo etc.

Are there no controls on these things any more?
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,383
    Forum Member
    The new Dreams advert with close-ups of people doing over exaggerated yawning has to be the worst for me right now.
  • Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member

Dad is in the garden doing some decking and struggling, little girl watches on, cue music and some big dude spins round on next doors fence panel with a drill in his hand..

Clas Ohlsen! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks there is something rather creepy about it.
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Clas Ohlsen! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks there is something rather creepy about it.

That's putting it mildly!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    That travelodge ads with 'make more kids' - sick bucket please
    Also for the fact that they used the word 'weekend' as a verb.

On the plus side I quite like those ads that look like dating site ads but really it's about a person falling in love with a product - quite amusing.
  • middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    McColl wrote: »
    That's putting it mildly!

The bloke has completed half the decking with what looks like the world's oldest screwdriver :confused:
    The advert should really be about pain relief :o
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    midds wrote: »
    The bloke has completed half the decking with what looks like the world's oldest screwdriver :confused:
    The advert should really be about pain relief :o
    Good point ...but I'd rather cope with the screwdriver than have that cringingly creepy man suddenly appear :o
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i too find this advert creepy, i don't think Claus Ohlsen realised how it looked before airing it :o
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    i too find this advert creepy, i don't think Claus Ohlsen realised how it looked before airing it :o
    It's not Claus Ohlsen, a;though their executives would have approved it - it's the idiots n the ad agencies who come up with these daft and sometimes creepy ideas.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Thats the new STV Bingo ad .... annoying as hell >:(

That'll be it! I heard my mum the other day ask my dad 'what's he so happy about?' lol :D if you win a bingo, chances are you've spent more playing it than you've won, unless your especially lucky but even if you did get a big win, I often hear that your not allowed to withdraw wins unless you've wagered something scary like 50x what your original deposit was? :confused:

ETA - I see someone else already made the point. The only time I 'won' via a bingo.gambling site is when I joined a cashback site and took up an offer which consisted of signing up to Jackpot Joy, depositing £20 I think it was and I got £25 cashback as a promotional offer. I spent the free/welcome deposit given, entered the prize draws, then withdrew my £25 via the cashback site (as their minimum withdrawal was something like £20, so the payment from the bingo site covered it) - score! :D you've got to be careful with these things though. I noticed, for the record, that the free versions of games were much easier to play (thats where you play to earn entries for free prize draws and your not charged money to play to potentially win money) but if you selected play for 'real', for instant wins, it was much, much harder. Hmmm, I wonder why(!).
    Valerian wrote: »
    He is in the ad for Scottie fruit and veg, with the wee dog running in to the house with muddy feet :)

Oh that bloomin' 'urrrr berries' one? what the heck is an 'urrr berry'?! >:(
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    That'll be it! I heard my mum the other day ask my dad 'what's he so happy about?' lol :D if you win a bingo, chances are you've spent more playing it than you've won, unless your especially lucky but even if you did get a big win, I often hear that your not allowed to withdraw wins unless you've wagered something scary like 50x what your original deposit was? :confused:

ETA - I see someone else already made the point. The only time I 'won' via a bingo.gambling site is when I joined a cashback site and took up an offer which consisted of signing up to Jackpot Joy, depositing £20 I think it was and I got £25 cashback as a promotional offer. I spent the free/welcome deposit given, entered the prize draws, then withdrew my £25 via the cashback site (as their minimum withdrawal was something like £20, so the payment from the bingo site covered it) - score! :D you've got to be careful with these things though. I noticed, for the record, that the free versions of games were much easier to play (thats where you play to earn entries for free prize draws and your not charged money to play to potentially win money) but if you selected play for 'real', for instant wins, it was much, much harder. Hmmm, I wonder why(!).

Oh that bloomin' 'urrrr berries' one? what the heck is an 'urrr berry'?! >:(

Whoever recruits these actors for STV ads is a bit tedious these days and ideas is beyond joke. I agree with what you say in relation to bingo but does anyone actually do what that guy does in that ad? I wouldd cheer but I wouldn't get the poppers/confetti out and dance around like a prat (they may as well have gave him an added accessory - a kilt!), I also wish STV would stop using the default accent in all their ads - there is more than one in Scotland they can use
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something that annoys me are these beauty ads that give a percentage of people who like it I saw one the other day 75% of 51 agreed. :confused:

Hardly a rousing endorsement surely there should be a minimum number of people surveyed before you proclaim results.
This discussion has been closed.